Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

FSL new 4096 VC

How about I start a thread titled "FSLabs Support Group" so people like you can whine about everything you hate about FSL? Let's get back on topic before they close this thread.

Just now, Milton Waddams said:

What support? You're not asking for support, you're crying about their product.

I'm not crying, I'm just warning people to hold their money and wait AT LEAST 2-3 months after FSL A320 V4 is out. I'm, myself enjoying P3D v4 at full scale with other products :-) 

• Upvote 5

Just now, G-YMML1 said:

I'm not crying, I'm just warning people to hold their money and wait AT LEAST 2-3 months after FSL A320 V4 is out. I'm, myself enjoying P3D v4 at full scale with other products :-) 

Why? Warning them to wait implies that it willl be unusable, almost like the CRJ at the moment. Unless you are a beta tester than you have no evidence that it will be bug ridden. What's to wait for, I thought you wanted it now?

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see PMDG retexture their aircraft as well, 4K textures just look stunning!

Not a rant here, but I'd be willing to wait the release is more like months out than weeks or days.  I have zero proof or zero connection to FSL but everything from what I have seen out of the past has been longer than anticipated.  In P3dv3 I only flew the Bus, but in V4 I got the NGX and 777 and that has and will hold me over until they release.  I am curious as to what the issues are in terms of holding the release outside of the patch for 4.1.  Meaning, is it something that will crash P3D, or is it something like textures inside of the cargo hold are flickering, etc.  I guess we will never know!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

1 hour ago, Milton Waddams said:

Let's get back on topic before they close this thread.

Good idea, I've already cleaned it up a bit.

Gents, keep it civil please and stick to the topic. Ranting and raving is not going to produce different result.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

52 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Not a rant here, but I'd be willing to wait the release is more like months out than weeks or days.  I have zero proof or zero connection to FSL but everything from what I have seen out of the past has been longer than anticipated.  In P3dv3 I only flew the Bus, but in V4 I got the NGX and 777 and that has and will hold me over until they release.  I am curious as to what the issues are in terms of holding the release outside of the patch for 4.1.  Meaning, is it something that will crash P3D, or is it something like textures inside of the cargo hold are flickering, etc.  I guess we will never know!

It's probably some bug that causes something that they don't like. PMDG held up the -300ER simply for a taxi camera issue. When it comes to high caliber developers like PMDG and FSL, they'll only release perfection (or as close to it as you can get with software).

2 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

Oh boo hoo, not getting the Bus on day one. The HORROR of flying a working plane in v3, how'd you ever manag... you paid for a working v3 version, which you got. You never bought the v4 version so shut it.

Indeed...  tell you guys what. I'm a happy V2.5 user as the Q400 and the Bae 146 happily live in that platform. V3 was de-installed when V4 came around the corner and will possibly only see the light again if and when QW get their stuff working under V3. 

Can't wait for the FSL Bus, but that was installed in V3 and has been parked a while now. But all things come in time, and with hobby's there is one key element that always pays off..... PATIENCE. 

Maarten Otto

19.jpg

Yep,

This is What I need in VR. I just want all to make ultimate VC from now on.  Super awesome screenshots

So I am assuming if FSlabs is getting closer to release p3dv4 (not there yet), then LM new upcoming release will be out soon too.  I know lot of developers are trying to get some fixes in to LM prior to release.  Good news all round.  Again this is an "Assumption"

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

2 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

I agree.  We all just need to wait. Otherwise you may hit the "Buy" button two or three times before the Paypal page pops up, and that will just make a mess out of everything.

Be patient!  Hit the "Buy" button just ONCE about 15 seconds after release and LET THE PAGE REFRESH FOR GOD SAKES!! :laugh:

Wow, you guys really come down hard on someone with an opinion other than yours. 

On the other hand buying and  using P3Dv4 was a choice and we all knew we would be waiting,  possibly a long time, for some of hour favorite products to be updated. 

• Upvote 2

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

It's looking great!  Does anyone know if it has been confirmed that this release is waiting for p3d4.1 or is that a rumour/assumption at this point?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

I'd like to see PMDG retexture their aircraft as well, 4K textures just look stunning!

The 737 is utterly needing such a thing!

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

3 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

Again, take it to their forum and let them tell their side of the story.

I'm sorry, I just can't let this one go. Are you serious? You think that FSL would let him make that complaint in their forums, without immediately locking or (more likely) simply deleting his post?

Was this thread the best place to make the complaint? Probably not. But Avsim forums are the place to make it. You can't at the developer's forum -- and that goes for basically all of them.

(Also, he has a point. FSL are working on a pretty extended timeline, and they don't exactly keep their customers particularly informed.)

I'm done hijacking this thread. But seriously, come on.

James

• Upvote 4