Sign in to follow this  
urgeflaske

Looking for a new prop plane

And if you just want something pretty, fun to fly the Alabeo D17 Staggerwing Beechcraft. A beautiful classic.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Or for some beautiful and simple fun, go for the Alabeo Waco. There's nothing like the wind blowing across you as you fly (well...virtual wind anyways).

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

4 hours ago, vp49p3 said:

A2A Cherokee--head and shoulders over the others.

Is it fully available for P3D v4, including the shaking effects and everything else?

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

2 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Is it fully available for P3D v4, including the shaking effects and everything else?

Yes

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

The Carenado Mirage works perfectly in P3dV4 and is a good aircraft all the way around.  It can be easily hand flown or flown by the autopilot, and it does a good job of coming in on the numbers.  It's my go to prop aircraft because it can fulfill so many missions and it can climb into the flight levels easily.  I usually cruise at FL190 or 200 and I get a good 200KTAS at 75 pct. power.  That means SFO to LA in less than two hours, or SFO to Reno in an hour over spectacular scenery.  Landings are very smooth in the Mirage, with good ground effect from the low wing.

I also like the Alabeo Cardinal, although I haven't purchased it yet for P3D.  Haven't tried the Mooney either since the A36 is bundled with P3D.

John

30 minutes ago, Cactus521 said:

The Carenado Mirage works perfectly in P3dV4 and is a good aircraft all the way around.  It can be easily hand flown or flown by the autopilot, and it does a good job of coming in on the numbers.  It's my go to prop aircraft because it can fulfill so many missions and it can climb into the flight levels easily.  I usually cruise at FL190 or 200 and I get a good 200KTAS at 75 pct. power.  That means SFO to LA in less than two hours, or SFO to Reno in an hour over spectacular scenery.  Landings are very smooth in the Mirage, with good ground effect from the low wing.

I also like the Alabeo Cardinal, although I haven't purchased it yet for P3D.  Haven't tried the Mooney either since the A36 is bundled with P3D.

I agree with that.  Stellar, sexy high-flyer with a remarkable FDE.   The soundset from Synchro-soft really kicks it up a couple of notches.  I've been trying to replace the weather radar in mine.

Also, nobody mentions the C337...kind of surprising.  I absolutely love the FDE in that plane.  A bulldog of a plane, lots of fun to fly.  Makes you want to watch Bat21 again. 

Both of these airplanes are of a different kind than OP has been flying. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

16 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I agree with that.  Stellar, sexy high-flyer with a remarkable FDE.   The soundset from Synchro-soft really kicks it up a couple of notches.  I've been trying to replace the weather radar in mine.

Also, nobody mentions the C337...kind of surprising.  I absolutely love the FDE in that plane.  A bulldog of a plane, lots of fun to fly.  Makes you want to watch Bat21 again. 

Both of these airplanes are of a different kind than OP has been flying. 

Alas, the C337.  Wonderful aircraft, the pilot's POV is ahead of the wing, great for spotting traffic.  Wish Carenado had made a pressurized version of the 337 although it's a rare aircraft.  A P210 also would be nice to balance against the Mirage, nobody has made one.  Just finished a Mirage flight from Reno into Ontario, nice two hour flight over the high Sierra's and Socal desert, lots of scenery to look at with MSE.  I find I am flying a lot more since I added the MSE scenery.  Since it's on a separate partition it will be easy to backup to Onedrive when I get time.

John

One question for you prop-flyers, what's the level of problems one using only a stick and throttle (X52) would have flying a multiengine, for instance (worst case scenario) the PMDG DC-6 or the A2A Constellation? I mean, these planes are complex and have loads of throttles and levers and stuff, doesn't look too trivial to me.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

It's not a big deal, yeah a stick is not a yoke, but if you're used to a stick then that's fine, and as far as throttles go, most of the time you'd be moving all all four throttles in unison anyway, and any time you did need to move a single throttle, you can do that in a VC. So it's no problem driving an old prop with a joystick and single throttle lever.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

One question for you prop-flyers, what's the level of problems one using only a stick and throttle (X52) would have flying a multiengine, for instance (worst case scenario) the PMDG DC-6 or the A2A Constellation? I mean, these planes are complex and have loads of throttles and levers and stuff, doesn't look too trivial to me.

I would think if you can fly a Boeing 747-400 with one throttle, flying the DC-6 shouldn't be any different. My challenge is trying to fly it with multiple thrust levers since although I have them in sync (as far as I can tell by looking at them anyway), they don't appear to be all producing the same amount of power. Wonder if there's something in FSUIPC I need to muck around with.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I should mention that if you want a prop plane, Alabeo's Diamond Twin Star is on sale for $20.00 + change.  I just downloaded it, fine aircraft, great autopilot, wonderful handling, the only diesel modeled for FSX/P3d.

John

On 22 September 2017 at 4:57 AM, Bert Pieke said:

Alabeo Seminole..

+1 for the Seminole. (Especially with Burt's Autopilot mod and Accu-Feel)