Sign in to follow this  
trisho0

Drzewiecki Design NYC X vs Aerosoft Manhattan X

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 6:43 AM, Jim Young said:

I have it installed in FSX and P3D.  No problems.  Excellent scenery!

I couldn't resist to install DD NYC and NYA again but had to change FSX scenery settings as http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/G2QT

and change the FSX.cfg TML from 4096 to 1024 and then voila! ..... no more OOM. But,.....buildings between TWC and Empire State dark and zero details, too much charcoal bricks (lol) as http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/G2bX

Take a look at AES Manhattan X here and details simply magic! there http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/G2bv

I had to remove DD NYC X and at least I can keep DD NY Airports very nice and I can see detailed buildings from Manhattan X.

Patricio Valdes

6 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Take a look at AES Manhattan X here and details simply magic!

I have that one too but never updated.  It was harsh on my FSX FPS back in early 2009. Have a more powerful computer today.  Last version I had was 1.20 and see it has been updated to 1.30 but it is not compatible with P3DV4 or with Windows 8 or 10 (according to the product site) otherwise I might get it.  I remember all of the helicopter bases around Manhattan and trying to land at each (unsuccessfully as I'm not a very good chopper pilot).

FYI, if you ever want to embed your images here and in your posts, fsfiles has an option you can use to embed your images here.  Just look for embed codes, click on that and you will have options with links.  Look for BBCode Embed Image link, highlight and copy and then paste here in your post.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

9 hours ago, Jim Young said:

if you ever want to embed your images here

So sorry about my ignorance but finally learned. Let's see if now it works the "embedding". I have a question regarding on Aerosoft Manhattan X. City, buildings, TWC with lights at night but the Liberty Statue is dark, is it normal?

AESManhattanLibertynight.jpg

Patricio Valdes

Glad you got the image embedding procedure working!  :biggrin: Now we'll probably be seeing a lot of embedded images from you on AVSIM!  Do not know about the lighting of the Statue as I do not have the Aerosoft version installed but looks good to me!

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

5 hours ago, Jim Young said:

but looks good to me!

Now better I can feel just real flying in New York. Simply, Aerosoft Manhattan X the very best New York scenery ever seen in years. Light got in Liberty Statue and more realistic  .........

5 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Glad you got the image embedding procedure working!

You can't find better lighting from Liberty Statue I guess ........

LibertyStatuenight.jpg

Patricio Valdes

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2015 at 1:13 PM, DownDiver said:

The buildings started to load (black boxes all) then the OOM bell, the CTD out of memory.

If FSX ACCeleration SP2 edit FSX.cfg TML=1024 and leave scenery water settings to mid 2.x with traffic not higher than 10 each. Load PMDG 777 and enjoy. I prefer Aerosoft Manhattan X instead of DD NYC due too many dark black buildings between TWC and Empire State. I like DD NY Airports.

Patricio Valdes

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 1:33 AM, trisho0 said:

DD going trash!

Found DD NY Airports good package no OOM issues if TML=1024. DD NYC X not good details on center of Island and there is a bridge fat and very poor resolution.

Patricio Valdes

18 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Last version I had was 1.20 and see it has been updated to 1.30 but it is not compatible with P3DV4 or with Windows 8 or 10 (according to the product site) otherwise I might get it.

Aerosoft Manhattan X right now is version 1.30 full new installer installed in Windows 64-bit. Manhattan X is a gem for FSX. You will love it!

Patricio Valdes

8 hours ago, trisho0 said:

DD NYC X not good details on center of Island and there is a bridge fat and very poor resolution.

Glad you got it and provided a review.  I like it because I have Washington X and the NY Airports packages too.  I do know that Aerosoft has some very good products and developers and they have all provided outstanding entertainment for me over the years.

For now I'm going to stay with DD as I like his packages.  I drove near Manhattan earlier this year for a convention and all of the bridges looked fat and with poor resolution! (I might have been tired).  :biggrin:  Didn't get a chance to drive in the center of Manhattan but got very close.  The lack of DD detail in the center of Manhattan was obviously done on purpose.  It is already framerate unfriendly and more detail would have killed the scenery.  If I want more detail, I go to Google or Bing Maps!

Hope you continue to enjoy Aerosoft's Manhattan!

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

7 hours ago, Jim Young said:

For now I'm going to stay with DD as I like his packages.

Do you really like DD NYC X? Please, take a look about the bridge from Aerosoft and from DD NYC. Question, does DD Washington X have similar poor details as DD NYC X buildings and bridges? Washington X DEMO looks fine to me as NYC X DEMO did. But when I installed the full NYC X is when I found those issues. Some areas of terrain from DD NYC X looks better finishing than AES Manhattan X. Still my preference even though AES had better work with details.

AESManhattanXBridge.jpg

DDNYCXBridge.jpg

Patricio Valdes

33 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

Do you really like DD NYC X? Please, take a look about the bridge from Aerosoft and from DD NYC. Question, does DD Washington X have similar poor details as DD NYC X buildings and bridges? Washington X DEMO looks fine to me as NYC X DEMO did. But when I installed the full NYC X is when I found those issues.

DDNYCXBridge.jpg

Your image is very blurry.  Here's mine -

2017-9-17_14-DD_NYC-X.png

Submit News to AVSIM

2 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Your image is very blurry.  Here's mine -

Is your image from FSX Acceleration SP2? Still bad for me. By looking the water from your image it doesn't look like from FSX sim or the water settings is very low and maybe fsx.cfg TML=4096. If your image is FSX did you install "Lite Textures package"? What FSX scenery settings you have then and TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=? I would give another try with DD NYC X.

I installed DD NYC X (deactivated now) with the option "Lite textures package" and fsx.cfg file with TML=1024 to resolve OOM. The image I posted which it has the RED color bridge is from AES Manhattan X and is the only NY scenery I have for flying.

Patricio Valdes

My image is from P3DV4.

Submit News to AVSIM

48 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

My image is from P3DV4.

You want https://www.aerosoft.com/us/fsxp3d/flight-simulator-2004/sceneries/1672/manhattan-x?number=AS10813

and then tell me your thoughts. I wonder if in FSX the red bridge from Manhattan X is well detailed then how better can be with your sim. Lockheed Martin does not offer Prepar3D for entertainment. I am not ready to keep paying permanently and FSX is only one time payment.

Do you have to use P3D connected on line for flying? If I pay one time P3D v4 for the month as student and then no more consecutive payments can I keep flying with P3D as I do with FSX?

Patricio Valdes

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:28 AM, Jim Young said:

Hope you continue to enjoy Aerosoft's Manhattan!

Yes, still enjoying Manhattan X indeed. Next image is DD NYC X I wonder if that area with tombstones is normal? That area in Manhattan X are buildings. I don't think such area between TWC and Empire State exists a cemetery.

DDNYCXBuildings.jpg

This next image is Manhattan X with buildings. No tombstones.

AESManhattanXBuildings.jpg

Patricio Valdes