Sign in to follow this  
Taver

Stacked 29" Ultrawide Monitors

I have been using a 29" Ultrawide monitor for Prepar3d V4 with a second 22" monitor above the 29" for weather and various gauges. 

I got the bright idea to buy another 29" Ultrawide monitor to place above my current 29" monitor so I would have some more room to place weather and various gauges. 

Then I realized I could use Nvidia surround and combine the two monitors. All I can say is WOW! The VC is absolutely stunning. I can see all my instruments and the gauges are almost life size. It feels like you are in a real cockpit. I have no need to use external gauges as I can see and reach everything without moving my view. 

One MAJOR caveat. I have the horizontal monitor bezel right down the middle. I am torn. The surround looks so good but I don't know if I can overcome the bezel in the center of my view.  

Tim Curtis

MSFS2020, i7-9900k 5.0Ghz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia 3080, 48" LG OLED CX

Turn the 29" montor to portrait, put the 22" in landscape or portrait on one side of the 29" and get another 22 " in landscape or portrait on the other side of the 29 inch.  With the 29 inch in portrait you won't have the horizontal line.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

1 minute ago, vp49p3 said:

Turn the 29" montor to portrait, put the 22" in landscape or portrait on one side of the 29" and get another 22 " in landscape or portrait on the other side of the 29 inch.  With the 29 inch in portrait you won't have the horizontal line.

Surround will work in this.  You just have to resize the 3 windows and uncheck fill in the desktop. I've used this before.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

I left the stacked 29" ultra wide monitors in place. Now that I have used this setup for a small time I have gotten use to the horizontal monitor bezel. I tried going back to one monitor and everything was way too cramped. I just bought the PMDG DC-6 and I can't imagine monitoring all the gauges without this setup or maybe trackir. 

Tim Curtis

MSFS2020, i7-9900k 5.0Ghz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia 3080, 48" LG OLED CX