Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

FSL coming to FSW ?

Quote from Andrew at  FSL: "Naturally, given the complexity of the A320-X, our focus going forward is on P3Dv4 and FSW at this time - as these platforms allow us to implement new and exciting features into our product lines.

• Upvote 2

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Don't see why they wouldn't, it does indeed allow new and exciting features, and it is, like P3D, 64 bit and they're both based on ESP, so presumably development would not be too different for them to cover both sims.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

4 minutes ago, Chock said:

Don't see why they wouldn't, it does indeed allow new and exciting features, and it is, like P3D, 64 bit and they're both based on ESP, so presumably development would not be too different for them to cover both sims.

I think it would be great for FSW with FSL joining the ranks. Positive future looking forward.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

USD $99.95 on their website. I would imagine the ones that complained about the cost of the Arrow III DLC will choke on that! Nevertheless it looks like a superb rendition of the popular aircraft and probably the only one anyone would ever need.

Also on their website though:-

- Some of our friends noticed that we updated the text on our Facebook page to include Dovetail simulators as part of our target platform group. We enjoy a close relationship with Dovetail developers but at the moment, we do not have any significant news to offer on that front as the platform is still in early release mode.

With regard to the cost being at odds with what users might pay for, what you have to bear in mind is that many flight simmers who are currently using P3D will be interested in FSW when it is completed, particularly if it has better weather modeling than P3D, and better flight modeling than P3D, and better terrain than P3D and more up to date Nav aids than P3D (and let's be honest, it actually already does have all those things right now, even in its early access state). So if you can fly the most realistically simulated airliner around in it, then why wouldn't you want to?

The FSL A320 is certainly the best airliner you can get for a home PC flight sim, it's among the very few which truly could be used as a supplementary aid to real world training, so it has a price commensurate with the work involved in achieving that level of fidelity. This is its appeal, you absolutely do get what you pay for with it and in actual fact that is cheap when this is acknowledged, but whether every flight simmer actually wants or needs that level of realism is another matter. But I'm willing to bet many do.

Since I'd worked on the real thing, for me it was something I was interested to buy, and knowing the complexity of the real airliner's systems and how hard it would be to have that portrayed in FSX and the work involved in making that happen, I was happy to pay that kind of money for it. I don't imagine for one second that I'm alone in that or that many FSW users share that level of enthusiasm for aeroplanes, and because it's about as close as many of us will get to being let loose on one to play around with for as long as they like and to their heart's content, the FSL A320 is something anyone who truly loves aeroplanes would not flinch at paying for. You'd have to literally multiply the price of the FSL A320 by one million times to have a real one of them to play about with, because a real one would cost you about one hundred million Dollars, and people know that.

Thus people who are intrigued to that kind of level by an aeroplane probably won't think twice about paying around a hundred quid for it after all, certainly when they consider that's probably the kind of money you'd spend on a couple of good nights out in a pub or club with friends, so it's not exactly a fortune. It's not cheap, but it's not exactly out of people's reach either if they really do love aeroplanes. And anyone who is into flight sims loves aeroplanes, because if they don't, they'd be playing Call of Duty instead, and guess what? the latest Call of Duty game costs 43 quid, so that's not cheap either.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

37 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Where did you get those quotes?

From the FSL General forum, the VC preview thread.

7 minutes ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

From the FSL General forum, the VC preview thread.

Thanks, will check.

3 hours ago, AOB said:

- Some of our friends noticed that we updated the text on our Facebook page to include Dovetail simulators as part of our target platform group. We enjoy a close relationship with Dovetail developers but at the moment, we do not have any significant news to offer on that front as the platform is still in early release mode.

This quote is from May, when FSW was just released. The op´s quote is from today.

Interesting... Have DoveTail Games released an SDK for FSW yet? Before that happens, no development could take place, I assume?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

8 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Interesting... Have DoveTail Games released an SDK for FSW yet? Before that happens, no development could take place, I assume?

Not true, Just Flight just released the Piper Arrow for FSW, JF is helping DTG to build their SDK.

FSLabs could be Helping DTG with the heavy birds part of the SDK.

• Upvote 2

Ok well lets hope that we see some jets soon then :cool:

One direct benefit would be to have, for free, updated World Airports and Navaids + Airspace data, which comes packed with FSW.

I was surprised to find there even my little soaring airfield - LPMN...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

Here's the actual link: https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/13729-preview-shots-of-virtual-cockpit-in-p3d-v4/&do=findComment&comment=105548

I prefer general aviation, but this is great news for FSW. This is the kind of thing the haters were saying was never going to happen.

I think the haters were wrong? I also think they will still hate, because they have so much money tied up in other sim's. But I don't work for DTG. So much information, hard to figure out what is real and what is not. And of course jet's will come at some point. Just who knows when? No one will be happier than DTG when this happens. Of course whatever jet comes out first is going to make the other people waiting on their jet angry :)

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ