Sign in to follow this  
Mitch24

P3D V4 Discount for Previous ASN user?

Hello, I just recently upgraded to P3D v4. I previously had ASN, and was wondering if there was an discount option for people looking to get AS for V4?

Thank you 

Dunno. I know there wasn't any discount for me despite having Active Sky Next for FSX-SE, so I waited until they had that recent sale and got ASP3DV4 (or whatever it is called) and ASCA, with a few quid off that way. It was still a bit steep price-wise in my opinion because personally I thought what it did looked a bit rubbish without Cloud Art, so you kind of have to get that too (or some other textures), but it is undeniably the best option for weather in P3D V4.

I guess you could email them and ask about it.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hi,

If you have ASN for P3D, the upgrade to ASP4 is free; if you have ASN for FSX, you can upgrade with a discount.

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

1 hour ago, mawibo said:

Hi,

If you have ASN for P3D, the upgrade to ASP4 is free; if you have ASN for FSX, you can upgrade with a discount.

Maarten

Seriously? How do you get it? I can't seem to find it anywhere...

Except for the fact that when I tried to get a discount for it because of having ASN for FSX SE, it wasn't possible because it had been purchased via Steam, so there was no mechanism in place to prove I had bought it.

Alan Bradbury

Yup, I did, it says in the case of the Steam version of ASN: 'Steam/ASN:SE purchases are not eligible for upgrade', so it wasn't free for me lol.

Alan Bradbury

7 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

Seriously? How do you get it? I can't seem to find it anywhere...

Just go to one of the resellers (links are on the HiFi-simulation site) and select the upgrade version in stead of the full version. The discount does indeed not apply if you purchased ASN via Steam.

Maarten

17 minutes ago, mawibo said:

Just go to one of the resellers (links are on the HiFi-simulation site) and select the upgrade version in stead of the full version. The discount does indeed not apply if you purchased ASN via Steam.

Maarten

think  you need  to  go  the  store  where  you had  bought  asn  previously  could  be  wrong

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Some really bad information in this thread that needs to be deleted by a moderator, as it's very misleading. Upgrading from ASN to ASP4 is NOT free, no matter what platform you're using. It is only free if you upgrade from AS16.

But, yes, there is a discount for ASN users. When you go to buy ASP4, make sure you buy the "upgrade" version. I can't remember the exact process, but you will be asked for your current ASN serial key.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

15 minutes ago, nealmac said:

...Upgrading from ASN to ASP4 is NOT free, no matter what platform you're using. It is only free if you upgrade from AS16...

Hi,

Yes, you are correct. I was having a senior moment apparently. Sorry about giving misleading information.

Maarten

1 minute ago, mawibo said:

Hi,

Yes, you are correct. I was having a senior moment apparently. Sorry about giving misleading information.

Maarten

Hi Maarten, I noticed in your second post you seemed to realise this, as you directed the OP to the upgrade version so I wasn't really getting at you.

But there is another poster claiming that it's a free upgrade.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

You can buy the upgrade from whichever reseller you prefer, even if they're not the same seller from whom you bought ASN. I bought ASN years ago from PC Aviator, and the upgrade to ASP4 from FSPilotShop.

Stu Bevis

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg PC: i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz, Asus Maximus X Hero, Corsair 16GB @ 3200MHz, EVGA GTX970SC

13 hours ago, Chock said:

Dunno. I know there wasn't any discount for me despite having Active Sky Next for FSX-SE, so I waited until they had that recent sale and got ASP3DV4 (or whatever it is called) and ASCA, with a few quid off that way. It was still a bit steep price-wise in my opinion because personally I thought what it did looked a bit rubbish without Cloud Art, so you kind of have to get that too (or some other textures), but it is undeniably the best option for weather in P3D V4.

I guess you could email them and ask about it.

This is a bummer. I might stick with REX textures then,....

Got ASV4 + Cloud Art. Pleased with the textures. And these have the dynamic clouds right?