Sign in to follow this  
FredricG

Brakes stuck in the ON position

I recently downloaded the Tupolev Tu-144 by Nikita Konstantinov, and let me say it is an amazing freeware aircraft. Yes, setting up my joystick was problematic, but I eventually was able to do it. However, I noticed my brakes were stuck in the on position - Unable to engage the parking or differential brakes. I do not have any rudder pedals, just a joystick. I have tried mapping a brake key to the keyboard but I can't seem to release the brakes. On every other aircraft, I can use the brakes just fine. Is there an fsx.cfg, panel.cfg or aircraft.cfg setting I can change to alleviate this?

I will download and try this aircraft to see if I see the same thing!  Will report back.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

14 minutes ago, charliearon said:

I will download and try this aircraft to see if I see the same thing!  Will report back.

The brakes are released until I open this window. Then they stay stuck on. https://prnt.sc/gnz5ks

I downloaded the aircraft from Rikooo.  No aircraft body showed up.  Where did you download from?  Big discussion on this aircraft at SOH with some update links.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/86929-Flying-Supersonic-Tu-144-Charger-v3-5

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Sorry, anything from that rooskie website gets immediately incinerated by my antivirus protection.  I won't turn it off, so you may be on your own with this one.  My only advice

would be not to open that window!

Charlie Aron

1 minute ago, charliearon said:

Sorry, anything from that rooskie website gets immediately incinerated by my antivirus protection.  I won't turn it off, so you may be on your own with this one.  My only

advice would be not to open that window!

That window is the only window that you can configure your joysticks in. If I don't use that window, I will be unable to control the aircraft. Somehow, I will try to find a way. But is there any setting I can change relating to the brakes in a .cfg file, maybe?

12 minutes ago, FredricG said:

That window is the only window that you can configure your joysticks in. If I don't use that window, I will be unable to control the aircraft. Somehow, I will try to find a way. But is there any setting I can change relating to the brakes in a .cfg file, maybe?

Your first sentence makes no sense.  What are you configuring in your joystick(s)?  I know of

nothing in any of the .cfgs that cause the brake light to stay on.

Charlie Aron

3 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Your first sentence makes no sense.  What are you configuring in your joystick(s)?  I know of

nothing in any of the .cfgs that cause the brake light to stay on.

In order to properly configure the joystick for the Tu-144, you have to do it from this window. https://prnt.sc/gnz5ks You press Shift+5 to open it, and through this you can map your joystick to the aircraft's controls. There is no other way to do it. You can't configure them through FSX or FSUIPC for this plane, it has to be done through this pop-up. 

OK, so it's not configure once and forget it, then?  Sounds like too much of a pain to deal with!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Charlie Aron

11 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

Here's a (lengthy) information thread on the Tu-144 on SOH:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/86929-Flying-Supersonic-Tu-144-Charger-v3-5

Maybe you'll find something about the brakes there.

Looks like the same link to SOH I gave in post 20 hours ago!:blink:

Charlie Aron

On 9/21/2017 at 12:30 PM, FredricG said:

I recently downloaded the Tupolev Tu-144 by Nikita Konstantinov, and let me say it is an amazing freeware aircraft. Yes, setting up my joystick was problematic, but I eventually was able to do it. However, I noticed my brakes were stuck in the on position - Unable to engage the parking or differential brakes. I do not have any rudder pedals, just a joystick. I have tried mapping a brake key to the keyboard but I can't seem to release the brakes. On every other aircraft, I can use the brakes just fine. Is there an fsx.cfg, panel.cfg or aircraft.cfg setting I can change to alleviate this?

Hello FredricG, I was googling because I was facing the same problem you have, and I find out a solution, I've donwload the files from another website and now everything is working great. I don't know if I can post site link from outside the AVSIM, so PM me I can send you the link. 

Best regards, Gabriel