Sign in to follow this  
AccusedChip

This is the best year for flightsimming Ever!

Thank You Lockheed Martin for what you have done to revitalize our sim!

Thank You Pmdg for giving me the most realistic transport category aircraft Ever!

Thanks to all the scenery builders who have provided a place to fly to.

Thank You Oculus for your contribution.

Thank you Avsim for having a resource that enables me to put it all together.

Thank you everyone else who pushed our hobby into the future.

That is all.

Sometimes it’s good to look around and appreciate where we are.

• Upvote 9

Daniel Rosso: ATP Single and Multi-Engine: B757 B767 BAE-ATP DA-50 DA-20 CE-650 CE-560-XL CE-525S DO-228: Flight Instructor Single and Multiengine Airplane Gold Seal:  Ground Instructor Advanced and Instrument: Remote Pilot SUAS

+1

And don't forget to thank Bill Gates for giving us the OS to run these sims.

• Upvote 2

I have to agree, and it's about to get a whole lot better!

REX SKY FORCE

Later this year REX will [likely] release Sky Force, which promises to revolutionize the environment in which we operate inside of FSX and P3D.  If one isn't familiar with Sky Force, then head on over to the REX Website and check out the video - though I'll tell you now that the product has been improved even further since the videos were released.  REX also performed an graphics and installer update to bring Texture Direct and Soft Clouds Enhanced for P3DV4 and are in the process of updating other products.

LEONARDO MADDOG X (MD-80 PROFESSIONAL)

Arguably one of the two best aircraft ever developed for desktop flight simulation, many of us had written off being able to fly the Maddog in P3DV4.  Davide Marras of Leonardo Software relented, and got back to work on major graphics and coding revisions to this incredible aircraft, which is already in Beta Testing,  For information will be released on the Leonardo website in a few weeks.  You can see a recent Beta flight on the OVPA Twitch Stream.

FSL LABS

Bringing their highly celebrated Airbus A320 to P3DV4 soon, and rumor has it they will make the aircraft available for FSW as well.

AEROSOFT AIRBUS

Not to be left out, Aerosoft is working hard to bring out significantly updated A318/A319/A320/A321 to P3DV4, after which we'll see the highly anticipated A330.  Beyond the significant upgrades and new technology employed, what makes these aircraft stand out is Connected Flight Deck (Shared Cockpit) for all the Aerosoft Airbus line and for the CRJ-700/900 as well. The aircraft are all "in house development".

TFDi Design

They had already brought us a tremendous tool being used by a very long list of Virtual Airlines, a Smart ACARS system called SMARTCARS, but this year they stepped up there game and released the B717-200 - and another shared cockpit aircraft to the hanger!  I think it's noteworthy that the B717 is actually the last of the DC-9/MD-80 line of aircraft. It has a Boeing designation due to Boeing purchasing McDonnell Douglass before the aircraft was competed.  The B717 had a slow start, but updates have made this an excellent aircraft. An upcoming update should wrap this one up.

QUALITY WINGS

A lot of people are waiting for the Quality Wings 787, and the system list published by the developer is very impressive as it lists the first ever true fully integrated Electronic Flight Bag - which is tied in with Navigraph data.  There is a little speculation about the release data for FSX and P3D, the flames of which were fanned recently by a particular distributor who listed the QW787 for sale (it wasn't really).  One thing is for sure, a LOT of people are excited about this aircraft!

MAJESTIC

Also one of the best aircraft ever developed for Flight Sim, the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 is being overhauled and optimized for P3DV4 as we speak!  I personally know of 50 flight simmers who are waiting for this aircraft with baited breath!  The Dash has a tremendous Shared Cockpit system and is a dream to fly with one, two or more pilots.

SHARED COCKPIT

The year 2017 will signal the significant way the way many of us fly airliners by allowing us to share the same airliner with others.  Shared Cockpit was touched off my Leonardo Software back in 2004 with their Fly the Maddog MD-80, and today we have numerous aircraft that have this terrific capability (see the list here - but there are many more to come!).  We've seen countless Shared Cockpit groups spring to life over the past year, and VIrtual Airlines are now also getting into the swing of things.  I don't think it will be too much longer before we start seeing Shared Cockpit is a LOT of new aircraft.

TOOLS & UTILITIES

We've been truly blessed by a lot of terrific freeware developers over the years, and they didn't let several new simulators slow them down!  Today we have many tools to help setting and flying our simulators much easier, and they are constantly being improved!  There are just too many to list, but I'm hopeful that AVSIM will create something to help people find them all.

General Aviation

I'm not a general aviation flight simmer so maybe someone else can write that up.

• Upvote 5

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks to A2A for making the best and most realistic flying GA aircraft as well as the Queen of the Skies, Connie. 

• Upvote 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I'm happy to have upgraded to a system so I can run P3d, although it took a system crash of my old one to get me here.  Right now I have a flight in progress from Reno to Ontario, using MSE's Nevada and California v2 photoreal scenery and Carenado's excellent Mirage, which I think is their best aircraft ever.  At 75 pct power groundspeed is exactly as advertised for a real Mirage, at FL190.  P3dv4 has been the most stable rendition of Flight Simulator for me using Windows 10.  I've run it for hours on end with no hiccups.  Quite a sim!

John

• Upvote 1

I think 2011 will always be the best year of swimming. The release of the PMDG NGX changed the FlightSim landscape forever 

6 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

I think 2011 will always be the best year of swimming. The release of the PMDG NGX changed the FlightSim landscape forever 

And it was a great year for Ryan Lochte!!! :cool:

I'd also like to thank A2A for their great GA's but I think Orbx should also be mentioned in this topic. They did some awesome things when it comes to scenery and I seriously doubt if I would still be simming today if it hadn't been for their regions. Orbx's addons kept me flying when I was about to give up on flighsims and without their scenery I might have missed out on A2A and other developers completely.

Thanks to Doug for his 64bit sound gauge. :biggrin:

PTA is awesome and makes P3D v4 look better than ever!

I'd say that most of our favorite devs stepped up and delivered free updates of our favorite addons and to those devs I say THANK YOU!!!!!!!

• Upvote 4

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Agreed, it's a golden age for flightsimmers right now, and is going to get even better in the coming months

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Many thanks to Sean Moloney, and Rob Young at Realair for the Dukes. And especially because it runs great in P3Dv4.

• Upvote 2

Thank you hardware manufacturers for making hardware perform at new heights again and thank you DTG for adding 100's of thousands of new simmers to our marketplace! 

• Upvote 1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Best year... maybe! Most expensive year ever..... definitely!! :blush:

• Upvote 4

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)