Sign in to follow this  
troybilt

beacon light strobe effect boxed

I will not post a picture yet but the wing strobes and all other lights are perfect. The tailfin beacon light is or has a strobe that is 3 or 4 white boxes from smaller to 6 feet aircraft size. There was this problem awhile back on another Carenado aircraft and someone said to go into EFFECTS and rename ________? to ________? something and that fixed it. Has anyone else had this problem . FSX sp2 windows 8.1

I managed to get a picture BUT it does not seem as though there is a way to attach it. Tried everything. Maybe they only want text??? Oh well

I'm also experiencing the same issue. Can't seem to figure out why this is happening.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

I had a similar problem with the A2A P-51 a couple of years ago.  I fixed it by changing the effect.

Your question is a little vague.  Is the problem with the red flashing beacon light on top of the tail or the white navigation light on the stinger? 

If it is with the beacon light atop the vertical tail....try this. 

The Commander beacon is the effect file "fx_BeaconCAR690B.fx" in your effects folder.  Find a beacon file that works on another airplane, for instance; "fx_BeaconCAR390.fx" or fx_BeaconCARC441II.fx" or some other one.  It doesn't matter which one as long as it's a red strobe beacon.  Make a copy of that file and rename it "fx_BeaconCAR690B.fx"  Be sure to back-up the original "fx_BeaconCAR690B.fx"   Start the sim and see if the problem persists. 

You can try several until you find one that works. 

I have not had time to go back to fsx yet but it is on top of the tail. Seems like it was a beacon WITH a strobe??? The reason I am responding now is thanks for the fix and IF it is the other do you have the fix. It is on top for sure, but will try to get time to turn on FSX. I have an autistic grandson me and my wife are raising and it consumes just about all waking hours.

Thanks, just checked it today. I added the Carenado CT206H beacon light as a replacement a couple days ago but did not check it. I was VERY impressed with the lighting when I bought the 206. The strobes on the wings of the 206 at night casting unto the tarmac or runway was an awesome surprise. I have the 441 and just about all the Carenado and Alabeo aircraft. Thanks very much as this fixed it perfect, I did exactly as your instructions.