Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Aerosoft CRJ worth it?

Guest Mik75

I haven´t completed a single flight without LNAV issues. But, although the VC looks a bit outdated, and th e performance could be better (fps wise), I like the look and feel of the Aerosoft CRJ! I´m pretty sure, Aerosoft will be able to iron this bug out, but for now, the a/c is grounded.

I'd strongly disagree with unflyable, at least in my experience.

The latest patch has fixed all of my nav issues, and the aircraft flies without issues for me.  The sound set is a bit meh, but other than that I'm having a lot of fun with it and have completed many flights.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Personally I don't think it's quite there yet, and regardless of price, wouldn't recommend it just yet.  But after a few more SPs I'm sure it'll get there.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

It's the only aircraft in the world that can do tear drop holds on an upper airway at fl350 without any pilot input.  But don't worry the fan boys will be along in a minute to say its amazing because they beta tested it for 7 years

14ppkc-6.png

Glad I went for the TDFi 717 a month ago and not the CRJ

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Its not quite there yet. I'm not disappointed though. It will be fine soon.

I havent had too many issues to be honest. The LNAV needs some work still but Its no where near as bad as made out here. At least not in my own experience.

Im quite happy with it really. I expect to be even happier after some more patch work.

2 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

It's un-flyable right now. The Nav it's a worse disaster than Puerto Rico after the hurricanes

Nonsense. It has some quirks and issues yes, but nothing that cant be worked with.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

It's un-flyable right now. The Nav it's a worse disaster than Puerto Rico after the hurricanes

Wow, comparing massive devastation to a virtual toy that maybe needs a bit of work...kinda distasteful to say the least.

If anything seeing entire island nations partially or entirely destroyed by hurricanes should put it into perspective how minor gripes about flightsim addons really are.

• Upvote 6

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Wow, comparing massive devastation to a virtual toy that maybe needs a bit of work...kinda distasteful to say the least.

If anything seeing entire island nations partially or entirely destroyed by hurricanes should put it into perspective how minor gripes about flightsim addons really are.

Easy, that wasn't his intent.

• Upvote 2

It's pretty much unflyable in its current state. I really wanted to like it but they just seem to create more issues with every update. With the A320 delay I have pretty much given up on Aerosoft at the moment, especially if the A320 and A330 releases go the same way the CRJ did. 

Looks like the topic has been well answered (To the op, the decision is yours now).  I have a feeling that this could be another thread which could lose its focus and derails.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I think I'll go with the Airbus and wait for the CRJ to mature. Thanks for the help everyone!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 757FO said:

I agree with Pete, not to disrespect PMDG or any other developers, but FSL is in a league of their own IMO (the flight model is incredibly realistic, sound is making you feel like you are in the cockpit and you can hear the appropriate relays, pumps based on current config.. the list goes on.) I am not rated on the 320 but have over 15K hours flying, and spent many many hours jumpseating the bus during the lovely commute to my hub... get the FSL A320 you won't be disappointed!

How do the frames compare to the NGX these days? 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Not for me.....but it as to do with aesthetics, cockpit and exterior! On the other hand, if TDFi did an Embraer ERJ-175 or ERJ-190.....:biggrin:

50 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

How do the frames compare to the NGX these days? 

I have not flown the NGX in years...  but I stay above 30 and most of the time in the 50s for FPS in the FSL bus on my system.. 6700k @4.7 980ti 1080p resolution.. 

i am am sure it would drop at 4k

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB