Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Aerosoft CRJ worth it?

Sorry but I like a lot the crj of aerosoft.

Please compare always with addon's of the same price... This crj is a very good money value.

As the real commuter, crj is a easy to learn and to fly. A good level between the AG and the heavy planes.

With navigation problem for all the addons, to know where is the problem... the fly computer or the database inside your flight simulator is very difficult to do. If you are a good pilot, after evaluation of the problem... you take the fly in hand with radios and hdg, a good exercice to do ;-)

Personnaly to this day, I don't have problems with this aircraft. Perhaps because I enter always datas in the fmc manualy.

The perfection is not a part of our world.

Kindly to all devellopers for their hard works.

PS: Mine P3dv4 and flight planners are actualised with navigraph source and in the sim via fsaerodata.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, ms2 said:

Personnaly to this day, I don't have problems with this aircraft. Perhaps because I enter always datas in the fmc manualy.

The perfection is not a part of our world.

Maybe you never flew outside the same airports. Try something else, maybe with oceanic waypoints and such, you'll see how bad it fails.

Hint: LPPT - LPMA; LPPD - LPLA; GCLA - LEIB; all of these airport pairs fail when inserted in the CRJ as it won't follow the route and fly in circles, etc etc.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

28 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Hint: LPPT - LPMA; LPPD - LPLA; GCLA - LEIB; all of these airport pairs fail when inserted in the CRJ as it won't follow the route and fly in circles, etc etc.

As mentioned earlier, I never had issues with the FMC in the CRJ. Can you post the waypoints of a route that didn't work for you? I would be happy to verify if I encounter the same issue on my system.

Peter

It is over priced for the Quality you get. It reminds me of the Wilco Airbuses, Some bugs and average graphics. For the price we should have some more wing views and maybe even a Virtual cabin. I would like this plane more if it was priced at 30 dollars .

Jefferson

3 minutes ago, flyingjafo said:

It is over priced for the Quality you get. It reminds me of the Wilco Airbuses, Some bugs and average graphics. For the price we should have some more wing views and maybe even a Virtual cabin. I would like this plane more if it was priced at 30 dollars .

Jefferson

Not even comparable to Wilco product.

Wing views and virtual cabin? Please.........

Virtual cabins are a complete waste of resource. Its no wonder most addon devs have ditched them.

If you want wing views there is a myriad of camera addons that make this a snap to do in a few seconds at most.

Yes, there are some bugs. The difference here is that Hans and Aerosoft will undoubtedly fix them.

• Upvote 6

43 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

Wing views and virtual cabin? Please.........

Virtual cabins are a complete waste of resource. Its no wonder most addon devs have ditched them.

If you want wing views there is a myriad of camera addons that make this a snap to do in a few seconds at most.

+1

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

On 9/22/2017 at 2:37 PM, GHarrall said:

Most ditched them because of it wasting VAS in FSX, but it's less of an issue with 64 bit architecture. Personally I can live without them, but I don't actually object to them.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Maybe you never flew outside the same airports. Try something else, maybe with oceanic waypoints and such, you'll see how bad it fails.

Most people would beg to differ. From looking at the forums, it seems that there isn't nearly as many people complaining about the VNAV issue. The 1.0.1 release fixed this problem for most. In fact, the 1.0.0.5c hotfix fixed it for me. 

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

2 hours ago, qqwertzde said:

As mentioned earlier, I never had issues with the FMC in the CRJ. Can you post the waypoints of a route that didn't work for you? I would be happy to verify if I encounter the same issue on my system.

Peter

Sure.

Try LPPT - LPLA for example, BUSEN DCT GUNTI DCT 39N020W DCT BAVAS H121 LM. Flying the SID alone breaks LNAV. The previous version would make it to 3920N and then fly in circles and lose LNAV completely.

Another failed flight is ENSB - ENTC, AMPIS P853 LOMVI. It will drift away in the middle of the ocean not knowing where to go. I have flown these routes hundreds of times with any type of aircraft with no issues at all. The first version of Aerosoft's airbuses (the very first one) wouldn't fly LPPT - LPLA either, losing LNAV in the middle of the ocean. Coincidence?

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

2 minutes ago, nealmac said:

Most people would beg to differ. From looking at the forums, it seems that there isn't nearly as many people complaining about the VNAV issue. The 1.0.1 release fixed this problem for most. In fact, the 1.0.0.5c hotfix fixed it for me. 

I invite you to ACTUALLY try flying these routes. And i'll leave it here before someone thinks i have some personal issues with Aerosoft. Truth is the CRJ isn't reliable at all, unfortunately.

15 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Sure.

Try LPPT - LPLA for example, ....

Thanks Nuno,

I will try one of these routes over the weekend and report back. I am not affiliated with Aerosoft in any way, I am just a happy customer who wants to understand why so many people have issues with this (IMHO) great model.

Peter

• Upvote 1

I'm sure Hans will fix it. I'd like to have it in my hangar as well.

It has clearly its issues (there is no smoke without fire.. people do not complain quite for nothing). And of course, expectations were some high due it is long development and release delayed to solve the issues which in the end.. were not. LNAV is a basic thing for an addon but still, I have the problem... With the other add-ons I did not have basic issues.

In the end, it takes time to get used with it, which on my side, I am doing it, but it clearly falls behind the Majestic Dash, FSLabs, PMDG (and not forget that it was aimed at that level). Then of course, taking into account its price, it is OK-ish in the end. But as I know AS marketing.. I suppose they will try to milk some more money with it in the future with some updates (as it was for the Airbus). Lets see.

Will take some more patience and nerves till will be fine. I will still fly it but clearly less after FSLabs and Majestic come back to v4.

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

32 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

I invite you to ACTUALLY try flying these routes. And i'll leave it here before someone thinks i have some personal issues with Aerosoft. Truth is the CRJ isn't reliable at all, unfortunately.

Yeah sure, no worries, I'll try one of them out this evening if I get home at a reasonable hour. Is there any route in particular you'd prefer?

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

I'm not interested in the CRJ as it stands, so feel free to try any that you wish. Perhaps LPPT to LPLA, BUSEN DCT GUNTI DCT 39N020W DCT BAVAS H121 LM as i couldn't even fly the SID without the CRJ running away from the route.