We waited 7 years for this?

• Upvote 2

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Guest JustanotherPilot

Froogle has uploaded a 3 part video series on the CRJ which gives a good look into the product

Here's part 1 Froogles CRJ series

1 hour ago, AA777-223 said:

Not for me.....but it as to do with aesthetics, cockpit and exterior! On the other hand, if TDFi did an Embraer ERJ-175 or ERJ-190.....:biggrin:

Man I want a high quality ERJ for P3Dv4 sooo bad! 

Ryzen 9 3950X / RTX 2080 Ti / 32GB DDR4 (3200MHz @ 14-14-14-34)

1 minute ago, adf said:

Man I want a high quality ERJ for P3Dv4 sooo bad! 

Isn't someone from TFDI making one? I remember seeing something on a forum somewhere where someone from TFDI was asking for reference pictures for an E145.

1 minute ago, Milton Waddams said:

Isn't someone from TFDI making one? I remember seeing something on a forum somewhere where someone from TFDI was asking for reference pictures for an E145.

I'm not sure, I've seen some renderings of a nice E145 at FSDeveloper so maybe that is related. An E145 would be awesome and I'd definitely buy it, but any combination of an ERJ-170/175/190/195 is what I really hope to see in the future.

Ryzen 9 3950X / RTX 2080 Ti / 32GB DDR4 (3200MHz @ 14-14-14-34)

Well for $50 it is a very nice aircraft, but not in the current iteration.  They need to (probably are) working on bugs in the LNAV system, which cannot track well between waypoints somewhere over 150 miles apart, GSX does not communicate all that well with the aircraft doors and some glitch with hiding the yoke.  The manuals need some proofreading/ correction.  I have not even tried the HGS, because I still cannot figure out the input system on the lower pedestal.

Once they resolve those issues, it could be a really nice aircraft to fly.

I find the DH8D-Q400 an easier bird to fly (probably because of prop vs. jet engines).  Just waiting for Majestic to roll it out.

I also would like to see the Embraer 175-195 series pushed out for v4. 

• Upvote 1

Stephen Forsgren

1 hour ago, b1bmsgt said:

It's called a: "One-man-work on it in my spare time" show

2 hours ago, b1bmsgt said:

just like  the  fsl   guys  were  waiting  for  theirs  to come  out:biggrin:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

2 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

If I was advising TFDi what to work on next it would a Bombardier CS100/300.

It (the CRJ) is alright. But it is not, in my opinion, a study level sim.

I've been spoiled by PMDG, Majestic and FSL. (A2A and Milviz for smaller AC)

If you approach this AC for what it is, it's pretty good. Just don't expect a experience like you'll get with one of the Big 3's airliners.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

4 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

How do the frames compare to the NGX these days? 

I don't have the NGX for P3D but I would imagine the fps will be somewhat lower on the FSL based on the complexity of the aircraft. I dont pay much attention to fps as long as it stays fluid and stutter free I am happy. I run an i& 6700K @ 4.3Mhz and a modest GTX 980 with medium to high settings, low AI % and can run the FSL to an acceptable  degree

If your not interested in looking at failures etc i find it a very cool little jet to fly.

A lot of complaints come from people who have never learnt to fly and rely fully on autothrust then when they mess up the get frustrated at the jet.

When they fix the tracking issues im intigued what people want if they continue ro complain.

Having only come back to simming after a long break due to real flying travel etc the simming community has changed.

Numerous complaints because people want to be spoon fed, the inability to deal with basic things like flying aircraft without autothrust and the immediate criticism of any product without it even if accurate to reality.

The placement of PMDG etc on a perch of perfection which to anyone with real jet time knows how great that they are they are far from perfection.

The CRJ is a great little jet "pilots" like to fly and from the 10 or so flights i have done is reflected nicely in the sim. The fact that people dont know how to fly it is not warrent for criticism of the manufacturer but only of themselves.

Next time you fly the PMDG 737 or FSLABS A320 turn off the Autothrust they are just aeroplanes. You never know you may just learn something.

In short id buy it again in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 16

Darren Howie

Other than a couple of very minor bugs (which are being worked on) it's working really well for me. Since the 1.0.1 update I've had no issues with LNAV, and as seen on the Aerosoft forums, many people would be in agreement.

• Upvote 3

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

10 minutes ago, nealmac said:

Other than a couple of very minor bugs (which are being worked on) it's working really well for me. Since the 1.0.1 update I've had no issues with LNAV, and as seen on the Aerosoft forums, many people would be in agreement.

Agreed. The overly negative rhetoric here is uncalled for. The latest patch hasn't fixed everything but it's much closer. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, DEHowie said:

If your not interested in looking at failures etc i find it a very cool little jet to fly.

A lot of complaints come from people who have never learnt to fly and rely fully on autothrust then when they mess up the get frustrated at the jet.

When they fix the tracking issues im intigued what people want if they continue ro complain.

Having only come back to simming after a long break due to real flying travel etc the simming community has changed.

Numerous complaints because people want to be spoon fed, the inability to deal with basic things like flying aircraft without autothrust and the immediate criticism of any product without it even if accurate to reality.

The placement of PMDG etc on a perch of perfection which to anyone with real jet time knows how great that they are they are far from perfection.

The CRJ is a great little jet "pilots" like to fly and from the 10 or so flights i have done is reflected nicely in the sim. The fact that people dont know how to fly it is not warrent for criticism of the manufacturer but only of themselves.

Next time you fly the PMDG 737 or FSLABS A320 turn off the Autothrust they are just aeroplanes. You never know you may just learn something.

In short id buy it again in a heartbeat.

Totally agree.

is simulating failures down to the last item on an SOP what constitutes a "study sim"? I hate that phrase......

So many aerosoft support forum posts from supposed "study sim" experts who can't even handle an aircraft without auto thrust. It's laughable. 

There were some on this forum too. 

• Upvote 2