Sign in to follow this  
N501EA

Thank You for the years of enjoyment

To the Precision Manuals Development Group Team,

The other evening I once again reflected on the years of enjoyment I have had while using the excellent aircraft designed/developed/produced by Precision Manuals Development Group (PMDG). As I was looking into my P3Dv4 hangar the other evening, I found myself stumbling/undecided over what type of flying I wanted to do. The agony of trying to decide on whether I wanted to fly long haul across the Pacific or over to Europe in the 747-400 QOS II or maybe the 777-300ER; or maybe I’ll take the 777-200LR and send it Max Range. Then again, maybe I’ll just take the T7 or QOS II on a cross-country (high density run). The agony in deciding! Of course, then I had to factor in the enjoyment I receive in flying the 737 NGX on a couple of short circuits. But, I also need to spend more time in the DC-6 Cloudmaster. What to do?! What to do?!

Are we not beyond spoiled to have such quality products that we find ourselves asking ……. Which one?! Knowing that any of them will be an absolute joy to fly.

To all the Precision Manuals Development Team, this is long overdue from me. Thank You for the great products! Looking forward to the next one …….

M. Jackson

• Upvote 4

If it wasn't for PMDG and their awesome product hanger I never would have given a second thought to  FSX 7 years ago nor remained involved since then. Few other developers have matched the quality of PMDG's products or the ingenuity of the PMDG team in making them truly excel in performance and realism by overcoming many of FSX's inherent limitations. In a word they are "brilliant." So I echo your appreciation and like you look forward to whatever comes down the pike next. You don't need a crystal ball to know that for sure it will be another win.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

1 hour ago, N501EA said:

As I was looking into my P3Dv4 hangar the other evening, I found myself stumbling/undecided over what type of flying I wanted to do.

Hi Mike.  I being well into retirement and this hobby on a daily basis, I have several techniques I use to pick today's mission.  One method is to use my logbook editor, LogEdit3 in AVSIM library, to view past 90 activity by aircraft type and pick the type that has the least number of flights.  A second method is to look a the list of saved flights sorted by date, oldest on top, and use that saved flight as the starting point for a new one.  To enable this I will almost always save my flight before shutting down with the aircraft at a gate, unloaded and ready for the next crew to come on board.  Finally, there is always FlightAware and you can look for something that catches the eye departing a specific location or in the air by specific type or operator.  Once the mission is selected, I load the saved flight (or create a new scenario) at the gate and set the date/time to 30 min before scheduled out time, use PFPX to preflight, load the fuel and pax and try to pushback on time.

• Upvote 2

Dan Downs KCRP

I had to laugh when I read this post as I have so often found myself in the same quandary. I have at times thought of a post similar to this about my own sim multiple personality disorder. I mean am I a 747 Captain with Atlas Air, a T7 Capt for American, or do I fly NG's and if so for who? DAL, SWA AAL OR UAL? On what route? Or maybe it's 1957 and I'm flying the DC-6 around Latin America. Some body help me!!! :ohmy:

It's a great time to be alive!

Vic green

4 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

Everyday is.  I feel like it's a special day when it's time to fly the B736 in BBJ colors.  These trips are not sceduled carrier but ones I want to fly for myself.  I've taken my BBJ around the world, lots of fun.

Dan Downs KCRP

3 hours ago, N501EA said:

The other evening I once again reflected on the years of enjoyment I have had while using the excellent aircraft designed/developed/produced by Precision Manuals Development Group (PMDG). As I was looking into my P3Dv4 hangar the other evening, I found myself stumbling/undecided over what type of flying I wanted to do. The agony of trying to decide on whether I wanted to fly long haul across the Pacific or over to Europe in the 747-400 QOS II or maybe the 777-300ER; or maybe I’ll take the 777-200LR and send it Max Range. Then again, maybe I’ll just take the T7 or QOS II on a cross-country (high density run). The agony in deciding! Of course, then I had to factor in the enjoyment I receive in flying the 737 NGX on a couple of short circuits. But, I also need to spend more time in the DC-6 Cloudmaster. What to do?! What to do?!

Are we not beyond spoiled to have such quality products that we find ourselves asking ……. Which one?! Knowing that any of them will be an absolute joy to fly.

To all the Precision Manuals Development Team, this is long overdue from me. Thank You for the great products! Looking forward to the next one …….

M. Jackson

2 hours ago, coa1117 said:

If it wasn't for PMDG and their awesome product hanger I never would have given a second thought to  FSX 7 years ago nor remained involved since then. Few other developers have matched the quality of PMDG's products or the ingenuity of the PMDG team in making them truly excel in performance and realism by overcoming many of FSX's inherent limitations. In a word they are "brilliant." So I echo your appreciation and like you look forward to whatever comes down the pike next. You don't need a crystal ball to know that for sure it will be another win.

16 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

I had to laugh when I read this post as I have so often found myself in the same quandary. I have at times thought of a post similar to this about my own sim multiple personality disorder. I mean am I a 747 Captain with Atlas Air, a T7 Capt for American, or do I fly NG's and if so for who? DAL, SWA AAL OR UAL? On what route? Or maybe it's 1957 and I'm flying the DC-6 around Latin America. Some body help me!!! :ohmy:

Hey guys, get a room.

What Dan said.   I'm doing a similar thing except with my own custom excel spreadsheets.

Also, I'm using that red BBJ paint job Dan (fell in love with it the first time I saw you post a picture of it) and I use it to travel to the party cities!   And of course, all my payware airports.   My BBJ has bedrooms, a kitchen, dining room, lounge, Jacuzzi, and is crewed by an all female staff (well other than the pilot, me).   When I'm not staying in hotels, I'm staying on the plane.

Mark Trainer

12 hours ago, downscc said:

Hi Mike.  I being well into retirement and this hobby on a daily basis, I have several techniques I use to pick today's mission.  One method is to use my logbook editor, LogEdit3 in AVSIM library, to view past 90 activity by aircraft type and pick the type that has the least number of flights.  A second method is to look a the list of saved flights sorted by date, oldest on top, and use that saved flight as the starting point for a new one.  To enable this I will almost always save my flight before shutting down with the aircraft at a gate, unloaded and ready for the next crew to come on board.  Finally, there is always FlightAware and you can look for something that catches the eye departing a specific location or in the air by specific type or operator.  Once the mission is selected, I load the saved flight (or create a new scenario) at the gate and set the date/time to 30 min before scheduled out time, use PFPX to preflight, load the fuel and pax and try to pushback on time.

Dan, I use a much simpler way; here is the way I pick my flight when faced with the tough decision regarding what PMDG aircraft to fly. (And, occasionally, what add on to buy!)

http://andrew.hedges.name/experiments/random/pickone.html

I strongly recommend this website to anyone who has to make a decision in the FS world. :P

I do appreciate your method of selecting a flight, though.

14 hours ago, N501EA said:

M. Jackson

You are absolutely right, Mike. I think we all need to spend more time in the props but that 777...  and that queen... and the NGX... and the JS41 for P3D v4... oh the choice we have. (Add the MJC Q400 and the TFDi 717-200 and a good selection of birds from A2A and I’m in heaven! And the IXEG733.)

13 hours ago, coa1117 said:

If it wasn't for PMDG and their awesome product hanger I never would have given a second thought to  FSX 7 years ago nor remained involved since then.

PMDG are the reason why I went from an XP only guy to using P3D, FSX (only for the cool sky DC9) and XP. I was sick of getting overpriced, half-baked Boeing aircraft in X-Plane and was ready to throw in the towel until I saw PMDG. That changed everything. I got the NGX and I was hooked. Absolutely love all of their faithfully modelled birds. 

(Apologies to anyone who is scrolling through this wall of text that I have created. I understand that this is only acceptable by the almighty RSR.)