Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

Advice on a 40" 4k TV/monitor - 1080ti

Hello guys,

I bought a 1080 ti a month ago, very happy with the card and now i want bigger... i have a great monitor for general playing, a Acer predator 27 gsync 144hz 1440p but doenst fills me needs for flight simming. Gsync is great for simulators but 144hz for p3d or xplane creates flickering when moving cameras and stuttering in general, i have to go down to 60hz  because my monitor doenst support 30hz, only 25 native(unplayable), weird i now, even with a custom resolution!!

So i want a 40 inches (no more and no less) 4k monitor or TV, i already made my research here and out of here and im even more confused, so many things in the market!!!

Need advice of someone that already as one and is happy with the performance. please shoot me models.

Thank you.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Wooo so many :)

Im have this in  mind https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/BDM4037UW_00/brilliance-4k-ultra-hd-lcd-display-with-multiview/specifications

If someone as an opinion about this product, I appreciate!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

I have a 40 in Samsung that does the job well. It is hard to make recommendations in this area because the modle numbers and features chance so often as you have found out. You seem to be on the right track. 30 HZ works good for me. Get one with lots of input options ie HDMI and you should be fine with most brand names. Most TV's are made in the same back streets of China or Mexico out of recycled beer cans and we have to depend on the warranties to protect us. The ods are with you and most brand names do just fine.

• Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

4 hours ago, shivers9 said:

I have a 40 in Samsung that does the job well. It is hard to make recommendations in this area because the modle numbers and features chance so often as you have found out. You seem to be on the right track. 30 HZ works good for me. Get one with lots of input options ie HDMI and you should be fine with most brand names. Most TV's are made in the same back streets of China or Mexico out of recycled beer cans and we have to depend on the warranties to protect us. The ods are with you and most brand names do just fine.

Thank you for your reply Sam, its a monitor right? not a TV.... do you know whats the response time of your monitor? just to have an idea!

Marques

33 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

Thank you for your reply Sam, its a monitor right? not a TV.... do you know whats the response time of your monitor? just to have an idea!

No it is a tv. They work fine but be sure to get one that can be set up to run at 30 HZ.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

1 hour ago, evvatc said:

I was looking at the same TV to use for my simpit.  How do you like so far?

Very nice, im happy with it! As a gaming mode but is not snooth for P3D or xplane with that function on, at least in my system, HDR and auto judder auto 30hz boom silk ;)

Marques

6 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

Very nice, im happy with it! As a gaming mode but is not snooth for P3D or xplane with that function on, at least in my system, HDR and auto judder auto 30hz boom silk ;)

So you have HDR turned on and Auto Motion Plus set to Auto?

Thanks for the feedback.  I have been trying to get all the information I can on specific 4K TVs so this is very helpful.  The other TV I was looking at was the TCL 43S405.  I'm really leaning towards the Samsung.  I'm kind of limited on deskspace so I think the 40 would be better than the 43.

1 hour ago, evvatc said:

So you have HDR turned on and Auto Motion Plus set to Auto?

Thanks for the feedback.  I have been trying to get all the information I can on specific 4K TVs so this is very helpful.  The other TV I was looking at was the TCL 43S405.  I'm really leaning towards the Samsung.  I'm kind of limited on deskspace so I think the 40 would be better than the 43.

Correct, if you buy that TV i can give you all my settings!

Marques

1 hour ago, dmarques69 said:

Correct, if you buy that TV i can give you all my settings!

I would really appreciate that!

Do you happen to use TrackIR? 

1 hour ago, evvatc said:

I would really appreciate that!

Do you happen to use TrackIR? 

Yep, i have TrackIR!

Marques

4 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

Yep, i have TrackIR!

Great! Have you experienced any noticeable lag with TrackIR or control inputs when running the TV at 30hz?

4 hours ago, evvatc said:

Great! Have you experienced any noticeable lag with TrackIR or control inputs when running the TV at 30hz?

A little bit, but nothing that ruins the immersion.

Marques

I will have to give it a try.  Thank you for all the information, it’s been very helpful in making my decision.