Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Prepar3D 4.1 about to be released?

6 minutes ago, simbol said:

So it was a mistake, maybe there is no release.

More like a premature announcement. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

38 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

It could mean 26th Sept!

That's true! In that case I had better breathe...

28 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

It does seem that a lot of their releases come on Thur evening US time sooooo?

Also true! So maybe I can keep logged in...

However Canada Atlantic time vs US West coast = 4 hours, so time to eat, feed the dog, practise being patient (nah, forget that!),

and/or download the new Nvidia 385.69 driver that was just released minutes ago...

That surely must be a sign from the green gods! :cool:

Kind regards,

The Reddit AMA that announced 4.1 happens on Sept 26 so, by then or soon thereafter.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

1 hour ago, simbol said:

I am just worry thinking, what they will break now, how many developers will need to work super fast to fix / adapt their add-on's, etc.

🤔🤔

Aye, brother...2 steps forward, 1 step backwards.

spacer.png

Do they usually charge for upgrades between 4.x versions? Sorry, I just recently got into P3D with v4.

6 minutes ago, Kevin_28 said:

Do they usually charge for upgrades between 4.x versions? Sorry, I just recently got into P3D with v4.

No

• Upvote 1

Matt Wilson

1 hour ago, Kevin_28 said:

They only charge when upgrading full version numbers, like v3 to v4.

• Upvote 1

I think the bigger stoty here is that LM is live streaming. Great change from the early days when they were lucky to answer two guestions a week on their frorm.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I Think the evidence (A) points to Friday morning, tomorrow, September 22...

(A). Tomorrow morning is Friday morning, and yesterday is already past

(B). The latest Nvidia Driver incorporating what LM needs was released today

(C). It leaves the whole weekend with LM resources dedicated to downloading the new program.

(D). I don't know where Pete Dawson is.

(E) That is what I want to happen and I have a birthday wish this year.

(K) Track record! I was right about something once.

and finally (the clincher):

We will have P3Dv4.1 downloaded and installed and running long before we get side-swiped by the planet Nibiru on the 29th

Everyone can get their final flights in before time is up! :cool:

Kind regards,

• Upvote 7

I applogize I new to p3d just bought v4 a couple weeks ago. Will I have to pay for an upgrade to 4.1 already? Do you have to install all your sceneries and aircraft again? Seems so soon. 

32 minutes ago, MrSpeaker said:

I applogize I new to p3d just bought v4 a couple weeks ago. Will I have to pay for an upgrade to 4.1 already? Do you have to install all your sceneries and aircraft again? Seems so soon. 

Hey there.

Nope you will not have to pay for anything.  All dot releases like 4.1, 4.2...4.X etc all are free.  You may just need to do client update without reinstalling your sceneries/aircraft etc.  Please see the upgrade P3D 3.x/4.x Poppet's LM update procedure document listed in Prepar3d subforum tips and tools section.  It is a very simple process.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

15 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Hey there.

Nope you will not have to pay for anything.  All dot releases like 4.1, 4.2...4.X etc all are free.  

And remember, free is a really good price! :biggrin:

That is much netter than being on sale!