Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Prepar3D 4.1 about to be released?

1 hour ago, J van E said:

Nice, four five pages of forum space wasted on nothing. :happy:

You know you love it Jeroen .  It's what we all do best here....take up space with endless longwinded pontification.  Speculation threadies are the best!

• Upvote 1

No release today.  I am sure all the LM team has gone home for the weekend at 5pm EST.  Probablitily is high next week for release.  Lets get some bets rolling on here lol

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

While I'm kinda interested in what fixes 4.1 will bring, I'm way more interested in seeing what addons come out in short order that were waiting for the 4.1release.  Fslabs a320 seems the obvious one, are there any others we know about?

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Really hoping the QW787 will be out soon for P3D v4.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I'm just surprised at how many folks kept asking if 4.1 was going to cost them anything....which means they asked their question without even bothering to read through the thread....pure laziness.

Mark

• Upvote 2

Since I do not know what is in 4.1 I am not all that excited.

I am so happy and ecstatic with 4.0 (the best upgrade I have seen in simming...since I started simming 20 years ago.. I don't believe LM could top that. This 4.0 upgrade to 64 bits without messing with 95% of the Addons we had, was 100 Times better than FS9 to FSX upgrade.

The only thing that would excite me is

1) If they dropped the P3D water and brought back FSX Water

2) The new Sky environment (like the FSW) for P3Dv4

3) Night lighting like X-Plane

If it's not any of the above 3, I doub't it's gonna impress me. 

:)

• Upvote 2

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

While I'm kinda interested in what fixes 4.1 will bring, I'm way more interested in seeing what addons come out in short order that were waiting for the 4.1release.  Fslabs a320 seems the obvious one, are there any others we know about?

29palms Skiathos is also waiting for 4.1. They are complaining about an autogen bug that is present on 4.0. Hopefully it means that we can see globally improved and better performing autogen with 4.1 :)

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

24 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Nothing yet as of 1916 EST.

I guess they're not Prepar3d to release it yet.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bills511 said:

I guess they're not Prepar3d to release it yet.

HA!  Well done, brother.

spacer.png

Hmmmm.... I see the contents of the Redit post has been deleted.
Also the post has generated a grand total of four replies.
LM would do better here at AVSIM.  :)

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

It's generally hard for people to post in a deleted thread. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 hours ago, Skywolf said:

I want to see what Augmented Reality apps Prepar3d is going to make? I hope they have supercharged their Native VR implementation.

Are they working on that? And in what form?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471