Sign in to follow this  
goodworkbax

FSL A320 POV HOTAS WARTHOG USING FSUIPC

No probs at all.....Its really bizarre because none of my HAT positions work in LINDA at all. I know that the top pos 1 says DO NOT USE however none of them will allow my to assign the actions from the LINDA A320X module. Don't understand because I've assigned everything else in LINDA????

What version of LINDA are you using please Andrew? I'm on 3.0.2

I am using 3.0.3 (the next update). Let's continue this discussion on LINDA Support forum.

Hey Andrew, just transferring the conversation to this forum as requested.

This is probably a daft question but where can I download LINDA 3.0.3 pls?

Do you think this is the reason that I'm having this HAT issue we've been discussing?

Thanks in advance Neil

Hi Neil

Thanks for moving your query to here and sorry that you are experiencing problems with LINDA.

First question is whether you have any additional software running for the Warthog? This could conflict with LINDA.

LINDA identifies the buttons and HATs on each joystick device. With my CH and Saitek joysticks/yokes HATs the N/E/S/W positions translate to H1/H3/H5/78 lines respectively. The intermediate quarter positions correspond to H2/H4/H6/H8 lines. Line H0 is not used and is labelled DO NOT USE; this warning relates to this line only.

With the Joystick page displayed, I assume that when you operate the buttons on your Warthog that the appropriate line highlights and you can assign a function to that button. What happens when you operate the HAT?

What I would ask you to do is the following. Open the LINDA Console and select GUI, LUA and VERBOSE logging. Then operate each buttons on the Warthog followed by each position on the HAT. The email the FSUIPC4.log (in \P3D\modules\ folder) to linda @ awginfosys.net (without spaces). 

The current and most up-to-date version remains 3.0.2. Once I release a version I always start working on the next one. Only when I have something to offer do I release it.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hello and thanks for getting back to me. I have no additional software running for the WARTHOG. When I try and assign any of the FSLA320 Module functions to any of the HAT positions, when I press save it deletes the function out of the slot and leaves it empty. I played about with other functions from FSX and in the position H1 "UP" on the HAT the function FSX:AP PANEL HEADING ON:0 is stuck and has no effect on the sim. Any help would be much appreciated,

Kind regards Neil

Hi Neil

Thank you for the log file. You have identified a fault with HAT position saving and operation within LINDA that my colleague and I have confirmed. I will need to do some detailed analysis to find the cause and rectify it.

In the meantime, I can give you a manual workaround requiring some editing of the aircraft's config-hid.lua file.

1. Identify the functions you wish to allocate to the HAT. For your example with the FSLabs A320X you want to look under FCU Autopilot Rotaties for VC GSLD FCU HDG push/pull and similar. The HDG/TRK button is under FCU Autopilot Buttons as VC GSLD FCU HDGTRKVSFPA.
  2. Open the Joystick page and operate the HAT to the position you want. This will highlight the lines H1-H8.
  3. Assign the required function to each position. It is best only to use the cardinal points (N/E/S/W the odd lines).
  4. Click on Save button. All your assignments will disappear. Not what you want!
  5. Locate the aircraft's config-hid.lua file in \modules\linda-cfg\aircrafts\FSLabs A320\ and open in Notepad.
  6. Find the Warthog entries and look for functions that match those set at steps 2-3. These will have numbers in square brackets before the equals sign in the range 41-48.
  7. Edit these entries changing the numbers to the range 301 to 308, where 301 is N, 302 is NE, 303 is E, 304 is SE, 305 is S, 306 is SW, 307 is W, 308 is NW. Make sure the number are in ascending order 301, 302, etc missing out any that are not used. As above, you should only use the cardinal points/odd lines (301, 303, 305, 307).
  8. Save the file and restart LINDA GUI.
  9. The changed entries should now appear in the Joysticks page.

Many thanks for identifying the issue and enjoy using LINDA.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thank you again for getting back to me so swiftly. I will try the work around now and come back to you with the feedback. LINDA is an amazing piece of software which I'm sure you and your team knew anyway. The support also is very good. Thank you

Neil

Whether it was a walk over or a work around I am glad it worked for you. I may contact you when I have a fix available to test the Warthog.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

ScotFlieger,

Thanks ever so much for the quick support and beta fix for the HOTAS HAT fix, it's greatly appreciated!! Problem solved in a matter of days!

Keep up the good work!

Neil

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your help Neil. LINDA 3.0.3 released.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK