Sign in to follow this  
Twenty6

NXGN SIMULATIONS - CITATION CJ4X FSX P3D

Brand new BizJet (9-21-17). Never heard of the company but their two airports don't seem to have high praise. Interior cockpit seems to be cartoonish-looking, like it was made for Wii. Approx $30US. Says it has a dedicated 64-bit version for P3Dv4.

http://secure.simmarket.com/nxgn-simulations-citation-cj4x-fsx-p3d.phtml

Like the one review I'm a sucker for bizjets

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Hmmm, maybe a bit on the steep side price wise for a lite sim version, but I would be intrigued to see a full review of it.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

MSFS GPS system kills it for me right there. I don't want anything that has MSFS gps system. That thing is like a virus. So I don't want it anywhere near my planes. Plus the VC does look a bit plain. Seems to be textured correctly however it just seems like it needs more photo real or weathering. Does have apparently Eric Marciano working with him for the proline system so I guess it has something going for it. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Okay, decided to 'take one for the team' and buy it lol. I'll post a video shortly. I should imagine it is probably on par with the likes of Virtualcol, which is no bad thing if you want a simple aeroplane that's fun to fly and not desperately expensive, but we'll see.

Note that I didn't buy it from Simmarket as I reckon the conversion from Euros would have made it dearer, so I went to NXGN's website and checked other places, it's cheaper at many of those and of the choices available, I went for the FlightSim Store, where it works out at about 20 quid UK currency.

• Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury

Quick video, nothing special, just some VC views, in flight external views with close ups, of animations such as the gear, speed brakes and flaps, with the fps counter on so you can see how it does. I must say I was pleasantly surprised with the thing, sure it's no study sim, but if you went to the trouble of adding a couple of gauges to it, it could be pretty close to a real one in many respects. Having said that, it does feature a usable FMC and there are plenty of avionics options and switches in the VC to mess around with, so, not bad for 20 quid. Sounds are pretty good. Textures don't rival Carenado/Alabeo, but it's no worse avionics wise than their offerings and a bit of work with the paint kit could sort that out although to be fair, you do get quite a few nice liveries (nine in total, from various nations), and they are not bad. As you can see, the 3D model is pretty good (one of two variants which are included, the other with a slightly different tailplane). Notice that the static strips on the nosecone and some other bits are actually modeled, as opposed to being just textures, so it's not a lazy 3D model by any stretch. The VC is functional rather than beautiful in appearance, but I can live with that and again, it could be tarted up a bit with some fancier textures.

Note that FRAPS knocks the frame rate down a bit, unavoidable when capturing for a vid. P3D for this vid has pretty much all the sliders on full throttle all the way over to the right for autogen, cloud detail, maximum coverage and draw distances, all the lighting whistles and bells on, reflections, full detail water, flying from a payware airport (UK2000 EGGP) with airline traffic on 100 percent and AS and ASCA doing the weather, plus UT2 Europe terrain and the trees are TerraFlora, so as you can see it's not bad on frame rates considering all that lot is switched on. Which I guess is part of this add-on aeroplane's appeal. The vid is at 1080px, so if you stick it on that youtube setting, you can see the VC avionics and text is very clear, much better in fact than most add-ons.

I'd say it was worth a punt for 20 quid if you aren't too bothered about having the exact realistic avionics of a real one, which of course you could add anyway if you have them, and as you can see, it is very easy on frames when you consider that the computer which was recording this only has a miniscule 4Gb of RAM in it at the moment.

• Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Fair play to you Alan, when you get an idea in your head you don't hang about :happy:

Whenever I buy a new aircraft it takes me hours before I manage to get it in the air lol.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Well, it's not exactly Concorde lol,  if you know how to fly one jet, then this one ain't too different, but, that's another good point of this add-on, you get two manuals. One is a 34 page Tutorial Flight from KEYW to KRDU and includes a full cold and dark start up, how to program the FMC, set the V-speeds, taxy it, take it off the deck, fly it in cruise, land it etc. The other manual is a 127 page User Manual, and they are both very nicely laid out and look fairly well written (from a quick glance at least) with plenty of reference for flying it properly and a history of the real aeroplane etc, so it isn't bad at all in that respect, better documentation than many other add-ons give you for a lot more money than this thing costs.

All in all, I think it's quite a cool little thing for not much money if you want a 'jump in and go' Biz Jet which you can tart up to be more if you like tweaking avionics. And if you are a repainter, the paint kit is better than most too, because it has two folders, one with Photoshop PSD files and the other with Gimp XCF files, so that's pretty nice of them.

Alan Bradbury

40 minutes ago, Chock said:

Well, it's not exactly Concorde lol,  if you know how to fly one jet, then this one ain't too different, but, that's another good point of this add-on, you get two manuals. One is a 34 page Tutorial Flight from KEYW to KRDU and includes a full cold and dark start up, how to program the FMC, set the V-speeds, taxy it, take it off the deck, fly it in cruise, land it etc. The other manual is a 127 page User Manual, and they are both very nicely laid out and look fairly well written (from a quick glance at least) with plenty of reference for flying it properly and a history of the real aeroplane etc, so it isn't bad at all in that respect, better documentation than many other add-ons give you for a lot more money than this thing costs.

All in all, I think it's quite a cool little thing for not much money if you want a 'jump in and go' Biz Jet which you can tart up to be more if you like tweaking avionics. And if you are a repainter, the paint kit is better than most too, because it has two folders, one with Photoshop PSD files and the other with Gimp XCF files, so that's pretty nice of them.

Good to hear that it has a tutorial flight, I find that a tutorial flight is the best way to learn any aircraft. And after going through that I turn to Youtube to see how others do it.

I recently bought the Carenado Phenom 100. Lovely little jet, but learning to program that GTN1000 takes a lot of time and effort. Had I known, I may not have bothered buying it. And it doesn't even have a tutorial flight. I used to have the Eaglesoft Cessna Citation X but when I moved to P3Dv4, I had to discard it, hence my reasons for buying the Phenom. If I'm being brutally honest, I bought it mostly because the cockpit "looks" nice lol.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Alan, how would you rate the sound?  It's hard to tell from the video.

Bob

On 9/22/2017 at 5:46 PM, FSXtreme said:

Alan, how would you rate the sound?  It's hard to tell from the video.

Bob

Tell you what Bob, just for you, I'll let you be the judge... I did this little vid for you to compare it to the real thing, it's even the same aeroplane, from the same distance and angles, on start up and taxy past. See the two vids below, go to about 39 seconds for the real thing starting up and taxying past, then check mine out. I'd say they got it pretty good, sounds to me like it has the same tube howl on the start up and it has the same high whine when it revs up as the real FJ44:

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

I have just read through the Tutorial Flight PDF and can confirm that it is very well written, nicely laid out and very comprehensive, even covering how to shut the thing down properly for long periods on the tarmac, and it even covers how to sort out missing waypoints in your sim's database should that occur, by adding them manually, which is a nice touch and is indicative of the level of care with which the tutorial is written.

Oh and I forgot to mention there is a third PDF which comes with the thing which is an eight pager, comprising numerous checklists for each phase of a flight which are nicely laid out and would look good printed if you want real paper checklists.

Overall it's really a very good add-on for the price, I like it and I would recommend it. I think it is gonna be joining my Air Hauler 2 fleet, and not every add-on aeroplane I buy does that, so you can regard that as high praise from me. If you ever look on the AH2 radar and see who is flying what, you can expect to see me zipping around Europe in this thing soon, as with just over 2,000 miles of range, it's going to be ideal for private charter flights with ten passengers.

• Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

On 9/22/2017 at 6:47 AM, Chock said:

Okay, decided to 'take one for the team' and buy it lol.

Thanks for going above and beyond. Your video was informative but it still looks like it was made for Wii.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Yup, it's not up there with the best as far as cockpit texturing goes, but as noted, that is something which can be sorted by anyone who cares to have a go at it. What matters more to me is that it all works and does what it says on the tin for a very fair price. I'll be the first to admit that Carenado and Alabeo make the lookers when it comes to GA stuff and smaller gas turbine aeroplanes, but they let themselves down with silly mistakes and not quite so great engine and avionics modeling, so I only really trust them when they make simple stuff with normally aspirated engines, such as their Piper Tomahawk and their little crop duster aeroplanes, which are excellent. Of the two situations, I'd rather have a plane that works as it should, which I can tart up visually myself, than one which looks great but needs work on the flight model, engine model or avionics, as that is not quite such an easy fix for the end user, and in many case not fixable at all. Of course screenshots make great sales material, and this works in Carenado and Alabeo's favour, but I want something which flies right as well. I could have bought Carenado's Citation for about ten quid more than this one, but I chose not to.

A case in point is the Alabeo Cessna C441 Conquest II, and the Fly Sim Ware Cessna C441 Conquest II. Both developers made the same aeroplane, both made it for FSX and P3D, and I bought them both (in fact I also bought the Flight 1 FSX/FS9 Cessna C441 too years ago, so I've got three of em). The Alabeo and the Fly Sim Ware ones were both exactly the same price (27,99 from Just flight's online store). Of the two, the Alabeo one is by far the best looking (albeit with a couple of stupid typos on the placarding in the VC and its tool tips), it's a beautifully textured model; conversely the Fly Sim Ware one is not the greatest as far as texturing goes (it'[s okay, but not a patch on the Alabeo one in the looks department, but it has the avionics and engine modeling spot on, whereas the Alabeo one is terrible in that respect, damn near unflyable in fact.

Take a wild guess which of those C441s is in my Air Hauler 2 fleet and gets regular outings and earns its keep with my AH2 airline, and which one is a hangar queen?

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

You're right about the good quality of the sound on this bizjet, Alen.  It is pretty amazing.  Thank you for taking the trouble of comparing those videos.

Bob