I have the manual; I've seen the video but I've spent almost an hour trying to find it. I'm on a chat with some Nvidia guy who has no idea what i'm talking about. Does anybody have any ideas?

Yes, I saw that site earlier but it didn't really work for me. Besides, I thought it looked suspicious.

11 hours ago, LDP1949 said:

I have the manual; I've seen the video but I've spent almost an hour trying to find it. I'm on a chat with some Nvidia guy who has no idea what i'm talking about. Does anybody have any ideas?

What, specifically, do you want to monitor? MSI Afterburner monitors (and graphs) most graphics card and CPU parameters but doesn't do benchmarks.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

My local computer expert told me I may be able to adjust fan RPM from the Nvidia System Monitor. I received an email from Nvidia stating the system monitor is an old program that was designed to monitor motherboard chipsets. I'm far from an expert in this arena. 

I have a Nvidia GTX 980. If you know how to adjust fan speed, I'm interested. 

thanks / Les Parson

Download Nvidia Precision X from their website and you can adjust the fan speed easily.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

47 minutes ago, vp49p3 said:

Download Nvidia Precision X from their website and you can adjust the fan speed easily.

Thank you, much appreciated. 

3 hours ago, LDP1949 said:

I have a Nvidia GTX 980. If you know how to adjust fan speed, I'm interested.

Or use the app I mentioned earlier (MSI Afterburner) which also lets you set a custom fan curve.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

NVidia Inspector allows the same thing.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

NVidia Inspector allows the same thing.

Cheers!

I didn't think that you could create a custom fan curve with NI. Does it not just allow you to set basic fan speed?

Apologies, I wasn't reading correctly. You are right - NI only allows setting the fan speed, not a temp/speed curve.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.