Sign in to follow this  
DTG_Cryss

Saitek Panels are now supported in Flight Sim World

Awesome!  Thanks for the heads up Cryss.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

Nice! Hey Cryss, is DTG planning to announce something important at Cosford?

3 hours ago, ca_metal said:

Nice! Hey Cryss, is DTG planning to announce something important at Cosford?

Fingers crossed, we'll see you there? 

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch

OK, so the Logitek driver is causing the sim to hang here with Win7 64-bit. After running the correct installer for the driver, it writes an exe.xml file to load the Logitek driver into FSW upon start up.

Upon running FSW, it loads the shader cache, etc. and then simply hangs at the splash screen. If I change the exe.xml line from <Disabled>False</Disabled> to >true< the sim will then run fine. I've tried moving the Logitek folder from default (X86) to just the C:\ drive (and reconfigured the exe file) with same results, also ran the installer as "Admininstrator". Have done several downloads and new installs with same issue.

Any ideas? Saitek hardware installed = one FIP and one radio panel. As well, I unplugged the FIP...same result. I've not seen any other reports of this happening.

Thanks for any ideas!

Greg 

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

1 hour ago, AOB said:

Why not update to Windows 10?

Why?  FSW works wonderfully in Win 7 64-bit as do the Saitek panels, or at least radio and multi panels.  

I don't have the BIP or FIPs to test.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

1 hour ago, AOB said:

Why not update to Windows 10?

I much prefer Win 7 64-bit for my simming machine. Simple as that.     

Greg

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.