Sign in to follow this  
Piepal

737 ngx external air

Hi guys I have a problem: I need to start engine with external air but there is no pressure in duct until I put both eng bleed switches off. I read both fcom, fctm and qrh but never read to set them off before xbleed eng start. My situation is:

Packs off

Isol open or auto (also closed but this did not sort out situation) 

Apu off (and apu bleed off) 

When I set eng bleed off I notice duct pressure 35-37

If set eng bleed off pressure drops to zero.

No faults obviously are active

What could it be?

Thank you. 

Ps.I started engines with xbleed several times and as far I remember I let eng bleed switches on everytime. So maybe something under my eyes that I don't recognize...  

Pietro Marchese 

Hi,

External air engine start is done with the isolation valve and the engines bleed valves opened and the PACKS off.

Have you tried to start engine 1 even if the gauge indicates no pressure (which if I remember well is normal)?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi Budbud thank you. 

Yes I tried but my n2 indicator is dead...

I think is a panel software fault because as far as I remember this worked good in the past. But can a pmdg 737 reinstall sort out this?

Or maybe fs2crew that mods my pmdg? 

Pietro Marchese 

Before reinstalling, which panel state do you load the aircraft with?

If not the case already, try to load the default panel state, there are some known issues related to some other panel states.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Wow ngx cool and dark panel is working. I overwrite my preferred settings panel and hope it keep working in next times. Thank you Budbud again

Pietro Marchese 

30 minutes ago, Piepal said:

Wow ngx cool and dark panel is working. I overwrite my preferred settings panel and hope it keep working in next times. Thank you Budbud again

yep, it needs a little more work to start it up, but cold and dark ensures everything is working correctly. 

Yes I have my own panel only for brightness of diaplays. I hate standard dark blue/black. 

And noticed some small other thing that work better in standard cool dark panel so I will start my session this way in future. 

Pietro Marchese 

I have got my own set of panels for each aircraft all made out of the default panel state (cold and dark, short with APU, long with GPU) and so far never got any issues with corrupted panel. 

I always avoided the already made panel states.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg