Sign in to follow this  
trisho0

PMDG 747-400 Landing weird

Loaded PMDG 747 in FSX, KJFK airport rwy 04L to arrive on KDCA rwy 19 using AIRAC 1709. FMC programmed route KJFK - LEEAH - CHOPS - BILIT - KATRN - KDCA. I selected LDAY19 from some of the available FMC Arrival list. Entered heading 185 as per FMC NAV info. The weird thing is while the 747 was in approach the TRK(006) MAG from ND is not even closer to the heading 185. The 747 obviously didn't intercept the rwy 19. Instead was trying to land on the opposite runway side which is rwy 01. This problem is related with AIRAC or the Washington X Drzewiecki Design scenery? Or, again I am doing something weird.

Notrwy19.jpg

Patricio Valdes

If you selected the LDA Y approach to KDCA the PFD should be displaying IASO and your course should be 147 until you get to JEVGA waypoint at which proint you fly a visual approach, you will turn right to 185 for the landing. The navdata in 1710 appears to be correct and without seeing your FMC I can't tell you what is going on, but you appear to be way off course and to have selected the LDA Z approach. From KATRN you should be flying to CROOZ for the approach - your course line suggests that you are attempting the approach from KATRN in the wrong direction and did not actually select the approach in the FMC.

DJ

Installed P3D v4. PMDG 747 and 777 on board, new aircrafts. Well, I did a flight same plan as earlier posted in this thread. This time I selected KDCA rwy01 (ILS) for landing. The PMDG 747 stopped a few more feet after the end of the runway. Maybe too short runway? At touchdown I press F2 and at 80 knots I press F1.

Patricio Valdes

11 hours ago, tf51d said:

You won't see 747 or 777's anywhere near KDCA They all go to KIAD

So, there is no reason to purchase DRZEWIECKI DESIGN - WASHINGTON X FSX P3D  if I have flight plan with PMDG right?

Patricio Valdes

PMDG drops on runway while taking off from KDCA rwy01. Sometimes only can take-off without problem. But, landing in KDCA is critical. It seems PMAG 747 is not seen in KDCA airport. I will give a try with PMAG 777 next time and finally with Level-D. Didn't try with PMDG D-11 yet.

Patricio Valdes

KDCA is limited to 737/757 class aircraft... the largest I ever saw used was a 727 flight some 18 years ago.

DJ

52 minutes ago, ubersu said:

KDCA is limited to 737/757 class aircraft... the largest I ever saw used was a 727 flight some 18 years ago.

DJ

Thank you so much for the advise and help on this. Just tried PMDG 777 and even at brake set to 2 it didn't stop as expected. Maybe brake set at 3 or full (lol). KDCA airport needs to replace the rwy01 for a larger one but no terrain available. I will try Level-D. I have 737 but not experience with. Barely I could give a try with MD-11. I will see later .....

Patricio Valdes

In flight simulation you can land a 747, Concorde, or any aircraft anywhere you want but you have to understand runway restrictions.   Some aircraft can only land within those restrictions.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

3 hours ago, Jim Young said:

In flight simulation you can land a 747, Concorde, or any aircraft anywhere you want but you have to understand runway restrictions.   Some aircraft can only land within those restrictions.

Based on reading here I learned KDCA has no runway length enough for 747 or 777. About runway restrictions I don't know about. Just guessing I might try again with Autobrakes set at 4 instead of 2 tonight.

Patricio Valdes

Land your 747 and 777 at Andrews AFB or Wash Dulles.  With max autobrakes you might be able to land at Reagan National but there won't be a gate for you and it will be no fun.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

Land your 747 and 777 at Andrews AFB or Wash Dulles.  With max autobrakes you might be able to land at Reagan National but there won't be a gate for you and it will be no fun.

Jim, I will do another flight and see what happen in KDCA. Why no Gate will be available if I configured UTLive at 10%?

Patricio Valdes

As stated above, 747's and 777's do not takeoff and land at Reagan National.  They might be able to park you at a 757/767 Gate.  It is a simulator.

Submit News to AVSIM