Sign in to follow this  
paradoxbox

What's flysimware's next project?

2 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

Ernie of fsbuild used to create gauges and fmc I think called isg, I wonder if that could be licensed here and placed as an fmc for the Falcon?

I can't answer your question (you could email FSW and ask), but my guess would be that at this late stage of development any FMC capability would have to be via an addon FMC by the user, such as the freeware Honeywell FMC by Garrett Smith or the vasFMC, or a payware FMC.  However, I don't have a feel for how well they would work, or whether such addon FMCs require the a/c to have an integrated autothrottle capability which the FSW version doesn't have. Might make for an interesting do it yourself project though for those so inclined.

Al 

• Upvote 1

Al, I'm going to take the phrase, "at this late stage of development," as a positive sign that things are going well on the development front! :-)

Looking forward to my three-holer business jet!

Hi Folks,

Yeah - Ernie’s still around - I think he’s the guy who did the TDFI glass and who MilViz was waiting for to work on the Proline gauges for the infamous King Air and Lear 60...

Used the ISG stuff on many years with FS9 on 2D panels...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

16 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Yeah - Ernie’s still around - I think he’s the guy who did the TDFI glass and who MilViz was waiting for to work on the Proline gauges for the infamous King Air and Lear 60...

Used the ISG stuff on many years with FS9 on 2D panels...

Regards,

Scott

Turns out FSW did contact Ernie a while back, but there was only limited response. I'm also told Ernie's Facebook page has been inactive for quite a while now, which makes me wonder if he is still 'active' as far as new sim products go.

Al

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rightseat said:

Al, I'm going to take the phrase, "at this late stage of development," as a positive sign that things are going well on the development front! :-)

Looking forward to my three-holer business jet!

My understanding is the bulk of the systems modeling is done, which was a big task. I think the goal is to have things competed by late Dec or sometime in Jan at the latest. Mark has to deal with some unpredictable health issues which slow him down at times. The Falcon 50 is FSW's most complex undertaking. It is a lot of work for one guy, especially given the level of systems depth he wants, which is greater than currently in the Lear35.

Al

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ark said:

My understanding is the bulk of the systems modeling is done, which was a big task. I think the goal is to have things competed by late Dec or sometime in Jan at the latest. Mark has to deal with some unpredictable health issues which slows him down at times. The Falcon 50 is FSW's most complex undertaking. It is a lot of work for one guy, especially given the level of systems depth he wants, which is greater than currently in the Lear35.

Al

I'm sure we all hope Mark is well, and I am very excited to hear that the Falcon is even MORE complex than the Lear. :-)

Hi Al,

Hah - Ernie was never really that chatty even on his own support forum...

Thanks for the info - honestly - as long as I can fly realistically - I’m good with a GTN or GNS...

Any new public updates on the Falcon - Facebook makes it even harder for those without accounts to access - so I avoid it like the plague...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Al,

Yeah - ignore my last - I see the stats...

Yeah - been following Mark”s posts a bit on FSDeveloper and it’s obvious he has an extreme interest in the smallest detail...

Regards,

Scott

"Let's hope my intervention will not be required for the 50."

Stated that way, I have to agree.

However, being realistic, I’m sure there will be opportunities for improvements.  In this case we have someone who has been working on a complex simulation for over a year essentially single handedly.  In contrast, it is not uncommon, but in fact rather the norm, for larger developers like PMDG, MILVIZ, and FLIGHT1, etc,  to have to put out updates and fixes to their products.  So I won’t be shocked if the same thing happens with the FSW Falcon 50. While I’m sure inputs in support of improvements will be appreciated if needed, no one should feel burdened or obligated to participate in that process.

My 2 cents.

Al

Will there be any issues flying from say New York to London using the GTN 750, does it include European navaids?

Thanks

Martin

1 hour ago, MartinRex007 said:

Will there be any issues flying from say New York to London using the GTN 750, does it include European navaids?

Thanks

Martin

The GTN 750 has a world-wide database.

Al

• Upvote 1