paradoxbox

What's flysimware's next project?

28 posts in this topic

I was really glad to find Flysimware recently. I hadn't known about the products from this company until last month. I now have the lear, 441 and MU-2. I might pick up the piston twin too.

 

But what's next for Flysimware?

 

Everyone knows there is a huge vacuum in the flight sim world for realistic high performance business jets. Is there any chance of a modern high performance bizjet by FSW?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi James,

Welcome to the fan club - I doubt we'll see anything with a glass panel from FSW as it adds tremendously to the development hours required to complete and given FSW's attention to detail it would have to be done right...

The next plane is a Falcon 50 - check the FSW website - I think they have some development shots posted - we used to have them here - but thanks to PhotoBucket - they're no longer available...

PhotoBucket - - - :angry::angry::angry:

Regards,

Scott

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, as people have noted, it's the Dassault Falcon 50, which is good news because although there is a Wilco Falcon 7X (FSX/P3D V3), it is not that brilliant. Okay if you desperately must have one, but that's about it (don't be fooled by the 'it's an official Dassault endorsed product', which the Wilco one indeed is, that doesn't mean it's any good, it just means they've thrown Dassault a few quid).

The Fly Sim Ware one on the other hand, if all their other stuff is anything to go by, and given the fact that they make the best LearJet, so are no strangers to Biz Jets, should be pretty good. Personally, I'm fairly sure it'll be an instant buy for me based on their reputation and the fact that I really would like a contemporary triple. Be aware that you'll need Chewbacca to assist you if you are going to fly the Falcon though, otherwise Han will accidentally land it on a taxiway. :biggrin:

In the meantime, if you want a fun thing that's a bit different from those guys, check out their Bell 47 Sioux helicopter, which is pretty cool. It's great for checking out scenery with that big perspex bubble canopy and fun in that it is a piston engined chopper as opposed to the mainly turbine ones these days. Amazingly, a real Bell 47 once set an altitude record of over 18,000 feet, which is pretty impressive for any chopper, let alone one which was designed over 70 years ago.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh wow, a Falcon 50! That is more than enough for me. I have been waiting years for a well done Falcon to show up in a sim.

I have flown Wilco's Falcon but uh.. I'll refrain from saying anything else about it. (If you've got nothing nice to say..)

 

I'll break out my wallet when FSW releases that bird. Very nice!
 

The MU-2 has been a very fun turboprop experience.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news! The quality of this developer's products is improving with every aircraft.

Bill

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the Falcon going to have a fmc and Navigraph update compatibility?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 777200lrf said:

Is the Falcon going to have a fmc and Navigraph update compatibility?

No, like the Lear 35A, it will come with the GNS530 and support for the GTN750 (actually, dual GTN750s mounted in the console between the pilots) if you have the GTN750 from Flight1. Users desiring a FMC will need to add in a third party FMC unit.

The FSW Falcon 50 is being modeled after an early production Falcon 50 and is essentially a steam gauge a/c. A lot of effort is being put into realistic systems simulation.

Al

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ark said:

No, like the Lear 35A, it will come with the GNS530 and support for the GTN750 (actually, dual GTN750s mounted in the console between the pilots) if you have the GTN750 from Flight1. Users desiring a FMC will need to add in a third party FMC unit.

The FSW Falcon 50 is being modeled after an early production Falcon 50 and is essentially a steam gauge a/c. A lot of effort is being put into realistic systems simulation.

Al

Too bad, every picture of the cockpit I have found there have a dual fmc setup. This Falcon from 1988

 

138576.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glass is cool, but I'm very pumped about a steam gauge version of the Falcon! Sounds perfect!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

Too bad, every picture of the cockpit I have found there have a dual fmc setup.

 

 

Yes, I understand, but the issue is that developing an FMC is a huge task and currently beyond what a very small (essentially one person) company like FSW is willing to take on. The dual GPS units (e.g,, GTN750s) will mount in place of the FMCs in the picture.

On a personal note, I  also was initially disappointed that there would not be an FMC in the Falcon 50, but after flying the PMDG 737NGX with an FMC for a while I found I much prefer the GTN750 approach as in the Lear35 -- requires more hands on flying such as when meeting altitude and speed restrictions during SIDs and STARs, etc. I don't fly the PMDG 737 any more.

To each his own.

Al

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steam gauge w/GTN integration sounds perfect. The WIP pics look excellent. Looking forward to this one.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2017 at 7:58 AM, ark said:

Yes, I understand, but the issue is that developing an FMC is a huge task and currently beyond what a very small (essentially one person) company like FSW is willing to take on. The dual GPS units (e.g,, GTN750s) will mount in place of the FMCs in the picture.

On a personal note, I  also was initially disappointed that there would not be an FMC in the Falcon 50, but after flying the PMDG 737NGX with an FMC for a while I found I much prefer the GTN750 approach as in the Lear35 -- requires more hands on flying such as when meeting altitude and speed restrictions during SIDs and STARs, etc. I don't fly the PMDG 737 any more.

To each his own.

Al

Ernie of fsbuild used to create gauges and fmc I think called isg, I wonder if that could be licensed here and placed as an fmc for the Falcon?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now