Sign in to follow this  

A Diamond is Born (Part-I)

A Diamond is Born.....at least for me, my new Alabeo Diamond Twin Star (1St Twin purchase)
Most of you can afford to buy a P3d PMDG aircraft but some of us retired "non-pensioned" flightsimmers go for the bargins!
gsm1fN4.jpg

UdddhgR.jpg

JHJW0JU.jpg

3v9AtRP.jpg

udDz8Dd.jpg

kwP4xvi.jpg

TJti4tK.jpg

AYTOvxh.jpg

KFHIxN8.jpg

0gngaxq.jpg
Thanks for looking, please feel free to comment...Darryl

Hi Darryl,

All good - hah - don't worry - many find GA better than flying Tubes anyway....

:tongue:

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Awesome

how do they get these powerful colors? amazing

GER  / XPlane 11 and P3D V4 Simmer

Andi Lex

Blasting off from an airport in a twin.....looks like Italy photoscenery...love the alpine glaciers!

HLJAMES

I have come to love this little Diamond. There are a couple of Mods on the forum pages for Alaebo here on AVsim. One gets the Power up to the modern IV version. Well worth it. I think the Mooney and Twin Star are the best ever released by Carenado/Alabeo. The G1000 is trash but ad in the GTN750 on a touch screen and you have a very modern light twin.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Good shots of the Twin Star and the scenery!

John

Edit: You did a great job of salesmanship, I just could not pass it up at $20.00.  Installed and flying from Napa to Reno now at a cruise altitude of 9500 feet, over MSE photoreal scenery.  FPS are good, smooth operating aircraft, and I love the ease of use with the autopilot.

John

On 9/22/2017 at 2:38 PM, shivers9 said:

I have come to love this little Diamond. There are a couple of Mods on the forum pages for Alaebo here on AVsim. One gets the Power up to the modern IV version. Well worth it. I think the Mooney and Twin Star are the best ever released by Carenado/Alabeo. The G1000 is trash but ad in the GTN750 on a touch screen and you have a very modern light twin.

Thanks for the info!

On 9/22/2017 at 1:08 PM, HLJames said:

Blasting off from an airport in a twin.....looks like Italy photoscenery...love the alpine glaciers!

HLJAMES

It's part of the French freeware scenery, better than Mega Scenery.

Darryl

I applied the mod after being given a link by its author, speeds up the Twinstar to the current specs, can cover more ground now with approx. the same fuel burn.  It's a nice aircraft for VFR flight, just like its smaller cousin, the GA40, which I also recommend.  Alabeo and Carenado provided me the download links and keys to reinstall their products onto my new system, so now I have aircraft that fill every niche of GA flight.  My favorite tprop is the TBM850, almost as fast as the Citation.  I also have the Piper Tomahawk, a nice aircraft, flies just like a trainer should.  I did not reinstall my Non-Carenado purchases since they are not P3dv4 compatible, but with a dozen or so add-on aircraft to choose from I am quite content that I won't run out of options to fly.  Now that I have OrthoXP working for XP-11 I'll trade off between the two sims.

John

Lovely plane, and very crisp screenshots too, I love the vibrant look!