Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

GTN 750 Install Problem

I have FSX and I also have the RealAir Duke B60.  I followed the instructions from Bert Pieke on how to install the GTN 750 into the Duke.  I created the rxpgns.dll file and inserted it into the FSX Guages folder.  When I made the changes to the panel.cfg file and went to save the file I got a "Access Denied" warning.  It would not let me save the file.  Not great with computers so I'm not sure why it will not let me save the file.  I have made other changes to config files elsewhere and never had this problem.  Can someone please point me in the right direction?  Thanks.

Rodger

Maybe this time you will need to disable UAC (this is especially true if you have your FSX installed

to the default location) to be able to have access to editing that .cfg file.  There may also be ways

to change your permissions for access to your files.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

12 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Maybe this time you will need to disable UAC (this is especially true if you have your FSX installed

to the default location) to be able to have access to editing that .cfg file.  There may also be ways

to change your permissions for access to your files.

I tried that but got the same result.

Hi

Copy the file to a downloads folder and change it there.

When it is edited move it back and overwrite the original.(or make a backup first)

Bye, David

6 hours ago, david_wi said:

Hi

Copy the file to a downloads folder and change it there.

When it is edited move it back and overwrite the original.(or make a backup first)

Bye, David

I'll give that a try.  Thanks