Sign in to follow this  
Jack Vince

P3d V4 freezing at London

Hi all, 

I've had v4 for a month now and its worked great until yesterday. While flying over London area (actually its most of Southern England) at FL410  the sim would freeze every 20 secs for a period of 20 secs. I see the loading circle and then it comes back. Once I hit the channel its fine again. I've tried this in other built up areas such as New York and Amsterdam but its fine. 

I've tried moving all sliders down and reinstalling all addon scenery and resetting config as well as updating drivers. Nothing worked so far. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Do you use UK2000 airport scenery?

If so, there is an issue reported on their forums with the SODE safedock systems at Gatwick and Heathrow causing freezing similar to what you are reporting.

Try turning off the safedocks for these airports and see if that helps. 

• Upvote 1

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

I've tried turning off SODE in the menu bar but it didn't work . How can I completely remove SODE from the sim?

Thanks

Glad to hear it worked.

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

It has become quite chilly. Time to put the heating on. Keep that P3D folder warm. 

You don't turn SODE off completely, you need to run the options configurator for your London UK2000 airports and untick the SODE safe docks option.

Thomas Derbyshire

6 hours ago, sidfadc said:

You don't turn SODE off completely, you need to run the options configurator for your London UK2000 airports and untick the SODE safe docks option.

I use the GSX safedock feature, gives me much more control over parking.  It's a shame that unticking the SODE feature doesn't remove them.  Maybe I'll have a look in the SODE files to a way to remove those and keep the jetways.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you for the advice about SODE. I have spent the last six weeks tearing my hair out trying to get to the bottom of why P3DV4 kept hanging when I was flying over London. Indeed it took me ages to work out that the problem ONLY occurred over London! Took out SODE and everything is working great now....

Welcome to the forum(s) Brian..........Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.