Sign in to follow this  
abdwyer

Paid help for setting up Prepar3d & Oculus

I am studying for my PPL.  Want to use Prepar3d & my Oculus Rift as an adjunct to my real world flight training in a 172.  Need help setting it all up ( yoke & pedals, ATC simulation, Rift,etc).  Can be remote unless you are near Naples, FL.  Will pay reasonable rates.  PM me.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, abdwyer said:

I am studying for my PPL.  Want to use Prepar3d & my Oculus Rift as an adjunct to my real world flight training in a 172.  Need help setting it all up ( yoke & pedals, ATC simulation, Rift,etc).  Can be remote unless you are near Naples, FL.  Will pay reasonable rates.  PM me.  Thanks.

To be honest, there is a wealth of information here on Avsim and the Lockheed P3D forum that you should easily be able to set it up on your own in a timely manner.

If your worried about the difficulty, I'd wager that if your smart enough to study for the FAA written exam and check ride, you should be able to set up P3D, addons and hardware with no issues.

I'd also caution to be very careful about people or web based services that will do setups for pay. Not long ago there was a guy on YouTube advertising such a service and he ended up ripping off a lot of people. I think his name was FSX Genius or something like that, but you need to be careful when putting yourself out there with money to spend that you don't get ripped off.

• Upvote 3

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

5 hours ago, abdwyer said:

As the previous post said, you should have no problem DIY.

P3Dv4 is much more user friendly and easy to tweak. (i.e. none) Any in SIM settings you will need depending on your hardware can be found here in the forums. (Many helpful folks here)

VR on the other hand is easy to setup but still needs some perfecting from LM to really be enjoyed. (Hopefully fixes in 4.1)

Flyinside which is not available yet for V4 may also be needed after v4.1 is released.

VR for me is great but not quite there yet because I'm spoiled from all the eye candy stuff I see with my 4k TV that I can't get with VR.

IM

• Upvote 1

Real pilot here and also fly in the PC  simulator, sometimes its actually frustrating, takes lots of hrs and plain complicated to get everything setup.

My previous PC died and took days to get back and running again Prepar 3D as I wanted it, and still cant get track IR to work smoothly.

Sometimes I feel, I would prefer to pay someome more PC savvy to set everything up for me.

Flying the real plane is way easier and less complicated.

• Upvote 1

Hey, 

I can try to help, can you post your questions on here...and I believe we all would be able to help you first easily.  I can help with Rift setup (it is super easy).

Can you post your system specs first.

• Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

We all would be happy to help you get going so just get Prepare3D Version 4 up and running and we want to select medium graphics options so you can have a good experience with the Rift - which generally means enough Frames Per Second to have a relatively smooth result with Rift. You have one major choice and that is whether you use the "native" support in P3Dv4 or, when it is available, for Version 4, Fly-Inside ( https://flyinside-fsx.com/ ) which would allow you to have browser windows or maybe a flight plan window show up inside your virtual cockpit. You could always start with native support and make that choice later. I have flown both and finally like native OK - as long as I run the Oculus Tray Tool with Super Sampling set at 1.5 or so - download here:

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/47247/oculus-traytool-supersampling-profiles-hmd-disconnect-fixes-hopefully

Best of luck

• Upvote 1

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2