Sign in to follow this  
airrace

Fsx reno air race - many questions

yes hi I want to change the pace plane in the Single player Pace start Reno air races mission from the default P-51 Mustang Racer to the CT-133 Jet. can someone please tell me how I can do this? and I also want to add more racers to the Single player Pace start Tutorial Reno Air Race mission. how do I go about doing this?

Edited by cmpbellsjc
Merged three topics on Reno air race into one and changed title

I can give you advice about changing the aircraft for that Mission, either a 1 time change or

permanent.  For a 1-time change you can check the box at the bottom of the Missions list to

make changes in the Mission.  After checking the box, start the Mission, pause it and bring up

the menu on top.  Select "Change aircraft" and go.

For a permanent change (I will use the RedBullSalzburg2 Mission as example) Go to the

Mission folder, open the appropriate folder, open your Mission folder, open the .flt using

notepad.  Scroll down to [sim.0] and swap out the sim=(for the aircraft you want).

Since I don't have the Mission, I am assuming that the pace plane is the one you

are flying.  If not, then look for the [sim.X] that represents the Mustang.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

The pace plane is the plane that releases the racers onto the race course i want to change just that plane

Like I mentioned, I don't have that Mission.  So the Mustang isn't the plane you are flying?  If not, then

look through the .flt file and find the [sim.x] that relates to the Mustang and change it. 

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

3 minutes ago, airrace said:

How would i do that

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/71518-FSX-Reno-Race-missions

This thread is talking about what you want to do.....I think?

Charlie Aron

I have already tried that and when i do the changes and save it i open the game and try to launch the mission but then i get an error message that says(" Failed to read from file.") Then the game freezes. What do i do?

Are you sure that you are using the correct sim= for that CT-133 jet?  Just to be sure I understand all of this, if you are successful changing the aircraft, you will be flying this jet against the other prop planes??   I'm probably still confused.:blink:

Charlie Aron

I want to race my P-51 Mustang against the other Racers but the computer-generated Pace plane is what I want to change I want to change it from the default P-51 racer to the CT 133 jet

48 minutes ago, airrace said:

I want to race my P-51 Mustang against the other Racers but the computer-generated Pace plane is what I want to change I want to change it from the default P-51 racer to the CT 133 jet

OK, I would imagine that this Mission is using basically the same Mustang you are flying, just a different paint job.  I'll take a wild guess....maybe the pace plane is all white? (I'll use an all white pace plane as an example).  You will have to look through your aircraft.cfg for the Mustang and check each sim= in each of the [fltsim.xx] and look for the ui_variation=WHITE, or similar that matches the pace plane. Then you have to search through the .flt file for the proper sim= that matches and change it!

Are we totally confused yet??  I see you asked the same question in the A2A Forums.

No responses there, so far!

OK, I wanted to add this:  you will be looking for something that looks like this:

[Sim.XXX]
Sim=Mustang paint#X   X=some number

[sim.0] always refers to the aircraft you are flying in the Mission.

Charlie Aron

41 minutes ago, airrace said:

And the pace plane is what entry

That's for you to figure out!  I don't have that Mission and can't see

Your computer screen.

Charlie Aron

Hi airrace,

I'm not going to look into this thoroughly but this may be of some help.

I suspect that the mission under question is "Reno SP flying start" found in the ...Missions/Racing folder.  If so, convert the "Reno_SP_flying_start_Easy.sbb" to XML using the free SPB2XML utility and open the XML version with the OPT.  It shouldn't be difficult to locate the pace plane and it may be a simple matter to substitute the plane you'd like to use for it.. It's not necessary to convert the XML to SPB.  Just make sure both versions of the mission are not available.

Jim F.