Sign in to follow this  
airrace

Fsx reno air race - many questions

Hi air,

I just noticed the file "RenoSP-AIPacePlane.FSR".  This seems to indicate that the pace plane is in a pre-recorded  file and my suggestion will not work.  I know of know easy way to make the substitution.  It doesn't seem impossible to edit the FSR file to make the substitution but I'm not aware of the procedure.

Jim F.

Hi again air,

I opened the FSR file in notepad and, in plain text, I found:

[Sim.646]
Sim=P51 Racer 6

There are several similar lines indicating that several planes are used in the file but as this is the first it's likely the pace plane.  You may want to substitute the "Title" of the jet you'd like to try for "P51 Racer 6".  The title can be found in the jets' aircraft.cfg file after "Title=...".  Back up the existing FSR before editing.  I'd say there's a 50-50 chance of this working but it's simple so worth trying.

Thanks Jim for jumping in to help!  I took it as far as I could without having the Mission in my Sim.  I don't think using Title= will work.  In this case it will have to be the appropriate Sim=

On second thought you may be correct and copying the Title= information and placing

it in the Sim= space should do the trick!:happy:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hello everyone I want to know if it is possible to create your own FSX Reno Air Races jet class mission if so how can I do this

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?203737-What-do-i-need-to-create-fsx-missions

Read Post# 5  This guy looks to have the best answer for what you need.  I gotta ask this:

Were you ever successful swapping out your pace plane in that Reno Air Race Mission?  If

Not, then you have a lot of work ahead for you!:dry:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I want to go into this just a little bit deeper I really want to change out the pace plane but I don't know which entry it is in the. FLT file cuz from what I know is Sim 0 is the replacement plane of which you are flying. But I really want to change this pace plane to the CT 133 jet can somebody please tell me how I can do this?

In the FLT file for that Mission, do you have [Sim.646]                        like Jim suggests?
                                                                     Sim=P51 Racer 6

If so, then grab the info from the Title= of the CT 133 jet and paste it in to replace P51 Racer 6.

It should look similar to this:

[Sim.646]

Sim=CT 130 whatever other info

Charlie Aron

3 hours ago, charliearon said:

In the FLT file for that Mission, do you have [Sim.646]                        like Jim suggests?
                                                                     Sim=P51 Racer 6

If so, then grab the info from the Title= of the CT 133 jet and paste it in to replace P51 Racer 6.

It should look similar to this:

[Sim.646]

Sim=CT 130 whatever other info

If I don't then what because I'm looking and I don't see it

1 hour ago, airrace said:

If I don't then what because I'm looking and I don't see it

Like I said many posts ago, it will be up to YOU to determine which P-51 aircraft is used as the

pace plane and change it out for the jet that you want.

Charlie Aron

4 hours ago, charliearon said:

Like I said many posts ago, it will be up to YOU to determine which P-51 aircraft is used as the

pace plane and change it out for the jet that you want.

Could it possibly be under AI Pace Plane???

2 hours ago, airrace said:

How can I create my own large banner for instant scenery using an approved Stihl logo?

I've merged all three of your Reno Air Race topics into one topic. Going forward, just keep adding to this topic concerning the air races rather than opening more new topics on it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

33 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

I've merged all three of your Reno Air Race topics into one topic. Going forward, just keep adding to this topic concerning the air races rather than opening more new topics on it.

Understood