Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

FSL A320X

Hi,

I am sitting on the fence for this bird for quite a long time, still not convinced...

Due to that i have just 3 questions to those who are familiar with FSL320.

1. Will i have performance similar to PMDG747 ? ( i have old rig but set everything so that 747 is butter smooth )

2. Should i enter flightplan manually, point by point, or is there some sort of ACARS like PMDG747 ?

3. VC - what i can judge watching YT, i am not so impressed with VC and texturing. It looks worse than PMDG747 ( sorry that i always refer to PMDG747, but that is my reference point now ). Am i right here ? ( i know that P3D4 will have texture update, but for a time being i am not going to switch to P3D4, so i am interested about P3D3.4 only ). So, is there significant difference between those two ?

Thanks for feedback

Artur 

10 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

1. Will i have performance similar to PMDG747 ?

Cruise speed of A320 is slightly lower than the 747. Range is much less too. :biggrin:

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

Hi,

I am sitting on the fence for this bird for quite a long time, still not convinced...

1. Will i have performance similar to PMDG747 ? ( i have old rig but set everything so that 747 is butter smooth )

2. Should i enter flightplan manually, point by point, or is there some sort of ACARS like PMDG747 ?

3. VC - what i can judge watching YT, i am not so impressed with VC and texturing. It looks worse than PMDG747 ( sorry that i always refer to PMDG747, but that is my reference point now ). Am i right here ? ( i know that P3D4 will have texture update, but for a time being i am not going to switch to P3D4, so i am interested about P3D3.4 only ). So, is there significant difference between those two ?

Thanks for feedback

1.) Local here similar performance waiting for the P3Dv4 version for obvious reasons.

2.) There are several ways to important a generated flightplan...

3.) Go for the P3Dv4 version 64 bit no memory issues, and the future version update(s) will be probably P3Dv4 only ;-)

P3Dv3.4 left my HD...

André

SRCE - very funny :-), but u know what performance i am talking about.

Still have no clear picture about given questions.

Artur 

I own both FSL A320 and PMDG B747 V2. even though my system is by far not the latest available, I can't really tell if there is a significant performance difference between the two. So if your system can handle the PMDG 747 V2, most likely, it can also perform fine with the A320 Regarding flight plans, you can import them from flight-planners such as PFPX (please see further info here), finally your impressions/apprehensions of textures being of a lesser quality are not - in my opinion - justified, but this is too subjective to be debated in a post, perhaps watch more videos and look at the latest shots provided for P3D V4 on FSLabs forum. Good luck in your decision, but I would be inclined to think that you wont regret acquiring this bird when it becomes available for P3D V4.

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

THX Bernard. So far i have no plans to switch to P3D4 due to fact that i have old rig, and i read that P3D4 has higher computing power demand, apart of that i have no issues with OOM, so that is why i am not tempted by P3D4 by now.

Artur 

1 minute ago, Beardyman said:

THX Bernard. So far i have no plans to switch to P3D4 due to fact that i have old rig, and i read that P3D4 has higher computing power demand, apart of that i have no issues with OOM, so that is why i am not tempted by P3D4 by now.

- Well the FSLA320 is memory hungry you have to balance other stuff other wise you will have OOM issues ;-)

- One of those mis understandings lol, P3Dv4 will perform better on the same hardware and settings as P3Dv3.X

André

46 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

Hi,

Thanks for feedback

1) I am running v3.4 FPS are about the same as the 777 3-4 fps less than the NG.

2) In PFPX All I do is "print" (its not printing it just saves a PDF) name it something like EGLLEDDF01, but that in FSL route folder it imports like importing from within the NG.

3) The VC textures are the only down side , but v4 will have a full new 4096 VC and also a new 64bit sound engine, but frankly the sounds within the VC are second to none as it is.

If you want a A320 then frankly I don't see why anyone would buy anything else but the best addon airline that has ever been made for any flight sim. I will not move to v4 until the FSL is available, hopefully all in the next week!

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

11 minutes ago, Bernard Ducret said:

Regarding flight plans, you can import them from flight-planners such as PFPX (please see further info here),

That's exactly what I said you have several options to import generated flightplans, and in that link it's summed up pretty nice ;-)

André

"One of those mis understandings lol, P3Dv4 will perform better on the same hardware and settings as P3Dv3.X"

I don't know about that, as always there are many conflicting opinions, but those with higher spec required prevail. 

Artur 

The FSLA320 is in my opinion the best add on made for FSX/P3D. 

Performance is absolutely one of the smoothest I have experienced. The issue with P3D is simply that it came ahead of it's time.  The aircraft uses so many advanced features that it goes outside the sim to process that info and it eats up the VAS space on a 32Bit platform. That is why the excitement for a 64bit version is so high. 

Eye candy, the airplane is beautiful as much as the NGX or PMDG in my opinion, you don't have stretched low resolution textures like you have on the Wilco or level d and you don't have simply on and off night lighting like the competitor. 

So IMO, when the plane came out and they announced 99.99 tag on said ( publicly) you're mad FSlabs! However I took the plunge, never to fly ANY other Airbus the same. My hope is that they continue building the Airbus line because if they do that I can almost guarantee they will load them selves in money.  

Hope it helps. 

• Upvote 2

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

17 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

"One of those mis understandings lol, P3Dv4 will perform better on the same hardware and settings as P3Dv3.X"

I don't know about that, as always there are many conflicting opinions, but those with higher spec required prevail. 

The only differences would be memory usage (GPU and system RAM) and it will benefit from more memory on the same hardware ;-)

Obvious that with better hardware it will perform better and can utilize more settings /features that's why I'm running a high end system...

But as for the same settings hardware and / software it will perform better.

It seems you already made up your mind as for P3Dv4 ;-), anyway how the bus performance on your system can be different per system many parameters at play here.

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/7354-for-oom-vas-and-performance-issues/

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/forum/45-read-these-first/

As for Airbus simulation on a desktop nothing comes close to this beauty :-)

André

Artur,

Here is a video of the updated A320 in P3D V4. It's different from low cockpit textures but this should give you a different look. But it's your decision.

Some people buy another A320 because it's easy to use features. 

With the FSL you getting as close as you can to this.

FlightSafety-A320-Sim-0616a.JPG

So if you want to feel you're in a real A320 there is only 1 choice. Also don't kid yourself it not just about all the failures etc it's everything. The Second you turn on Ground power and the cockpit comes alive it feels just like that. You have bought alive a multi million pound aircraft to life. 

A bit like this also. Someone wants a great GA to fly, so people say buy A2A, then they reply I like the alabeo as I never let it stall, so all that stuff is wasted on me.......:ohmy::blink:

Each to there own. 

• Upvote 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip