Sign in to follow this  
Pochi

XP11 Toe Brakes not working

Hello all,

I need some help here. I just installed XP11.05 and went for my hardware calibration and setting before I tried the 172 out.

Both my HOTAS Warthog and Thrusmaster Pro Flight Rudder are detected (although I do not have a picture for the rudder). I calbrated my rudder and toe axis properly and assigned the correct axis.

But the toe brakes are not working in game.... In the setting screen, all is working ok, axis are moving properly. I tried to reverse but did not help.

Is that a known problem? Any fix to be known? My rudder and toe brakes are working fine in XP10 and DCS...

Best regards,

Pierre

also posted on the org forum

I just set up X-Plane 11.05 myself and had the same issue.  My case may be different - I use the MFG Crosswind pedals, which as a general rule don't like to be calibrated in-sim (they didn't take well to P3D calibration).  They have their own calibration software, and the usual practice is to calibrate them there, then assign the axes in the sim without any additional calibration.  The solution in my case was to re-calibrate them using the MFG software, then go back to X-Plane, click on "Accept Axis" for each of the three axes without doing any calibration (IIRC, the calibration routine ran, but I didn't make any adjustments), then assigned the axes.  Everything worked from that point.

I'm not sure if the same will apply to the Thrustmaster pedals, but you might want to try a similar drill - calibrate in Windows, don't calibrate in X-Plane, assign axes and see what happens.

Other things to look at:

-- Make sure there are no conflicting brake assignments.

-- Make sure the brake toggles ("b" and "n" keys) are set to off.

Disclaimer - since I'm a recent returnee to X-Plane, none of this may be useful.  Apologies if so.  Hope more experienced friends will come along who can correct whatever I've missed and get you going.

It's a problema with default C172.

The REP version fixes it.

If you restart XP11 I think it sometimes fixes it - just affects default C172 in my case.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Ah, that's interesting. My problem was with the default 172. So maybe it just cured itself on the restart while I was busy trying all that other stuff. 

Sometimes the fix is easier than you think. 

Hello and thanks for your help,

Indeed when re lauching XP11 yesterday, toe brakes were working! It was my intention to buy the Simcoders plugin so hope this bug will not appear again.

Best regards,

Pierre

The Simcoders plugin was really worth the buy for me - don't fly any othetr C172 now in XP11 :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Just bought the Simcoders plugin myself.  Haven't tried it out yet - was traveling this weekend - but I'm eager to.  Enjoying the early stages of my XP11 adventure.

XP11 ( as any other flight simulator ) can be rewarding... I came back, as I really believe it's future, and already enjoy it's present...

It's still far from the thrill of ww2 air combats in DCS and IL2 BoX, but heck... I ws becoming an air combat addict - no way! :-)

The other big advantage for me is that it's really nice when used together with Aerowinx PSX, just for the scenery. The code must be really optimized because at much higher graphics settings than I used to have in XP10, I can really play it smooth.

Really looking forward for 11.10, not that much for the G1000, but for the updates to ground physics and other stuff Austin said he's working on...

Main Simulation Rig: