Sign in to follow this  
honanhal

Speech engine reverses "On" and "armed"

Bryan, I did do all that and it didn't make a difference with the new headset.

What finally did make some difference with both headsets (and I'm back to my original headset, by the way, because the quality of the sound in the headphones is so many times better) was to enable sending microphone data back to Microsoft in Windows 10. Literally only changed that, and now suddenly in P3D it gets it right (as "on") about half of the time, with it still as "armed" the other half.

Sad to say, I'm prepared to call that a victory.

Just for fun, I tried the google search by microphone feature. It heard all of these words correctly 100% of the time, with many repeated attempts. Seems this is likely a problem with the Microsoft speech engine, maybe connected with Windows 10.

Thanks for your help, Bryan. Still frustrated, but at least it sort of works now.

James

18 minutes ago, honanhal said:

to enable sending microphone data back to Microsoft in Windows 10.

Were is that setting?  I never seen that switch before.

Let me know.

Congrats on your partial win  Sometimes I get 'armed' out of 'on' too.

Speech recognition will never be a 100 percent perfect.

Just now, byork said:

Were is that setting?  I never seen that switch before.

"Speech, inking, and typing settings" -- the switch is labeled "speech services and typing suggestions." Based on what it says ("Speech services that don't rely on the cloud, like Windows Speech Recognition, will still work") it shouldn't affect the accuracy of recognition. But it sure does seem to have made a difference, so...

James