Sign in to follow this  
morpheous

Pilot Display Unit

Apologies if this has been discussed but is it not possible to unlock the pilot's left display unit and move it to another monitor? I can for the pilots left and co pilots right and left but not the pilots left for some reason?

thanks

Morpheous

Jim Vasto

Hello,

For info be advised that PMDG requires everyone to sign their posts with their full names.
Regarding your "issue", it has been done on purpose to avoid some of the crashes.
Read the announcement made by RSR:

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Gotcha, that problem solved, now the next "issue". Is there a way to save the pop out panel locations? When I hit save panel state in the fmc it saves the information stored in the fmc but not the panel locations so I have to pop them out and resize them everytime.

thanks

jim (morpheous) vasto

Jim Vasto

You can save the unlocked panels only with a flight, not seperatly.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

To save your open panel windows  

go to P3D's menu, open Scenario and Save.

Then you load this Scenario whenever you want to have a flight with your specific panel positions.

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

OK thanks for the reply's that's what I thought I had to do. Unfortunately loading the saved scenario then moving the aircraft to a different airport is creating issues with fuel usage for some reason. I'm still trying to figure out why.

Jim V.

Jim Vasto

19 minutes ago, morpheous said:

OK thanks for the reply's that's what I thought I had to do. Unfortunately loading the saved scenario then moving the aircraft to a different airport is creating issues with fuel usage for some reason. I'm still trying to figure out why.

Jim V.

Do not load a scenario when there is already anything loaded.  Always start a new P3D session and load the scenario from the Scenario Setup screen.  Make sure that screen is always where P3D starts.

Dan Downs KCRP

When we load up P3D straight to the Scenario Setup screen the default flight is loaded, that's the plane in the window loaded from the default flight, there's no way to load up the sim without a flight loaded.

The trick is to ensure the default flight is an uncomplicated aircraft. With the PMDGs we can load the default flight, then after that we can load the PMDG saved flight. The sim can start right into the cockpit of the default flight it doesn't matter so long as the default flight or the flight saved file we startup with is an uncomplicated aircraft.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

2 hours ago, SteveW said:

When we load up P3D straight to the Scenario Setup screen the default flight is loaded,

My understanding an explanation from PMDG developer on this topic was that the default scenario is partially loaded.  The distinction is not important, the point I try to get across is always start P3D with the Scenario Setup screen showing first..., and of course a default aircraft selected as the default scenario.  We had folks with plenty of start up issues when P3D v3 first came out and they would let the fighter or beech scenario load then load a PMDG scenario or change to the PMDG vehicle.  The solution is that Scenario Setup screen.

Dan Downs KCRP

The point is not the scenario or the environment, but the plane. Again I repeat you don't need to be at the Scenario Screen which you could try for yourself. To understand fully how these things work is to experiment for yourself  - the key to success.

3 hours ago, SteveW said:

The trick is to ensure the default flight is an uncomplicated aircraft.

Also being at the "Scenario Screen" does not ensure a default flight is loaded. The key is to load an uncomplicated plane first, then load the saved flight.

So the order would be this: 

Load a default aircraft and start the sim at an uncomplicated airport. Then load my saved PMDG flight (which has my pop up layout where I want it) this puts me into KPSP general ramp, then move the aircraft to the desired departure airport?

Seems like there should be a more direct route but I'll do what it takes I guess.

Jim V.

Jim Vasto

So long as you start the sim from fresh (not already running), have a default flight with simple plane specified, then at the scenario screen (takes less time to set up the sim to start right into the scenario screen but works ok if the default flight loads all the way to sim), then load the saved flight from the P3D menu.