Sign in to follow this  
helmuthmoya

Please PMDG 747 in X-Plane 11 !!!!!

Many people really wants to fly the 747 pmdg in X-Plane 11, many people are tired of this....

21981642_903667586455766_600205662_o.png

Please PMDG help us !!!! we need you in x-plane !!!!

v4 is stable for me, I am just leveling at cruise out of Dubai, came in from Bangkok, 2 hour turnaround, off to Colombo. PMDG 777-300ER and payware addon scenery at each airport. FPS might be 10-20 on ground but so stable. Try with a new p3d cfg and what addons and tweaks are you using? Are you overclocking your cpu? - David Lee

• Upvote 3

If only it was that simple. I could be wrong, but I think they built the DC-6 to test it out in X-plane since building a plane for it seems to be an entirely different process altogether.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I never thought I would do this but I purchased x plane a month ago and my initial impression is that I really like the sim. I'm getting 80fps but no addons and I don't believe you need as many addons for x plane as you do with P3D.What I really like is the scenery in the  day and awesome night lighting. Xplane scenery has more structure and just looks better. All I need is PMDG aircraft and I will remove P3D from my computer for good.  But until then I guess I have to use P3d because I don't have PMDG in x plane.

• Upvote 4

George Lee

Asus Maximus Hero IX Motherboard, Intel i7 6700K CPU, Geforce GTX 1080, Corsair 16Gb memory, Corsair case, Corsair PSU

9 hours ago, helmuthmoya said:

Many people really wants to fly the 747 pmdg in X-Plane 11, many people are tired of this....

21981642_903667586455766_600205662_o.png

Hmm, and I thought P3Dv4 solves all of the ills?  I know that this is hard to do for some people, but try this: start with the base sim alone, no add-ons sceneries, use only your PMDG birds and your weathers.  Then add AI, if the issue persists then it could be your AI package.  99% of the time this would remove all stability issues with the sim and PMDG.  

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

13 minutes ago, Anxu00 said:

Hmm, and I thought P3Dv4 solves all of the ills?  I know that this is hard to do for some people, but try this: start with the base sim alone, no add-ons sceneries, use only your PMDG birds and your weathers.  Then add AI, if the issue persists then it could be your AI package.  99% of the time this would remove all stability issues with the sim and PMDG.  

I'd bet it's incompatible scenery.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, helmuthmoya said:

Help you with what exactly? We'll have to see whether or not PMDG will come to XP . It took over a year to port the DC-6 to P3D and that's a simple aircraft. Imagine how hard it would be to port the 747...

• Upvote 1

PMDG has been working with Laminar Research for a few years. One of their Boeing jets could be in a more advanced stage in X-Plane.  They should have an announcement on more X-Plane plans fairly soon.

• Upvote 1

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

P3dv4 is rock solid for me.

In fact, 64 bit P3D has eliminated the slim claim to superiority that xplane had...ibtl.

• Upvote 6

spacer.png

39 minutes ago, Luis_KMIA said:

PMDG has been working with Laminar Research for a few years. One of their Boeing jets could be in a more advanced stage in X-Plane.  They should have an announcement on more X-Plane plans fairly soon.

Source? PMDG didn't even get a heads up for the release if XP-11 from Laminar. They found out when we did so I doubt their working that closely with them or they'd at least have been in the XP developer beta.

3 hours ago, Boomer said:

P3dv4 is rock solid for me.

In fact, 64 bit P3D has eliminated the slim claim to superiority that xplane had...ibtl.

Only thing I wish P3D had was the immersive scenery.

Just be patient, unless the plan has cahnged they were to do at least two projects on XP, one which is the DC6 by making it first in XP and then port it to FSX/P3D, and a second one which would be the other way around make it first on FSX/P3D and then port it to XP, which has yet to come and could be anything. We'll have to wait for anouncements.

In the end both simulators are great each with their own pros and cons. P3D right now is still my main plateform, but I'm also one that would like more PMDG quality level products on XP, because on some area it just does much better, an example is the night environement which just always amazes me, also I'm really curious on when they'll get to use Vulkan/Mantle for rendereing as it could boost the performances significantly removing a lot of the overhead that there is with OpenGL/DirectX (below version 12). 

It's always good that their is two sims as it generate some competition, which can lead to interesting advances for us in the end :)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, wedgantilles said:

unless the plan has cahnged they were to do at least two projects on XP

We were? Source link?

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

On 9/24/2017 at 10:34 PM, scandinavian13 said:

We were? Source link?

Someone thinks that someone else mentioned that they saw someone else once, whose distant cousin might have seen it mentioned by someone he vaguely knows, on a forum somewhere, possibly. And as we know, everything on the internet is true.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here