Sign in to follow this  
helmuthmoya

Please PMDG 747 in X-Plane 11 !!!!!

10 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

We were? Source link?

EDIT: Sorry Kyle, I was mistook your quote for what Luis_KMIA said.  Apologies for this.  However, it may apply to the person you were quoting.

Kyle,

I believe (not saying that this is absolute fact and I'm not trying to back him and say that "this is the absolute truth" but) that he is mentioning this from Froogle's (Peter Wright's) interview with Mr Robert S. Randazzo in a live stream that had a BAe 146 flying in the background.  The aim of it was to raise money for a incredibly unlucky member of our community.  

This is the link.

In this upload, I believe that Mr. Randazzo talked about being in "close contact with Laminar" and that they had been "working together" (I think it was in evaluating whether XP should be a simulator that PMDG should support) or something close to that.  I may be wrong and I'm sorry about not providing a timestamp - I don't want to rewatch a video for what is admittedly, a minor thing. :)

Edited by Guest
Personal Stupidity.

On 9/24/2017 at 6:14 AM, helmuthmoya said:

Many people really wants to fly the 747 pmdg in X-Plane 11, many people are tired of this....

21981642_903667586455766_600205662_o.png

Please PMDG help us !!!! we need you in x-plane !!!!

What kind of ....person are you?

I mean for real how did you make a crash in V4 possible??

I modded my v4 in everything wich is moddable (cfg inis and whatever esle) and i had never a crash with all sliders maxed and several AI aircraft imported by myself (grabbed the AI ac from fsx steam)

• Upvote 1

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

21 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

Source? PMDG didn't even get a heads up for the release if XP-11 from Laminar. They found out when we did so I doubt their working that closely with them or they'd at least have been in the XP developer beta.

Old post from RSR using ht expression 'playing in the sandbox with LM' a few years ago. A recent post by RSR mentioned there would be an XP update soon.  Again, I would not be surprised, if at least one of the Boeing jets has been in development with XP.  I like the idea of god competition with XP and P3D, especially sine XP was way ahead of the game in terms of 64-bit.

• Upvote 1

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

3 hours ago, Luis_KMIA said:

Old post from RSR using ht expression 'playing in the sandbox with LM' a few years ago. A recent post by RSR mentioned there would be an XP update soon.  Again, I would not be surprised, if at least one of the Boeing jets has been in development with XP.  I like the idea of god competition with XP and P3D, especially sine XP was way ahead of the game in terms of 64-bit.

You are posting as an expert "in the know" but all you are doing is interpreting Mr. Randazzo's marketing speak and claiming to have the real facts. I made this same mistake when I threw away my money buying the Queen for FSX Steam and believed their "less vas footprint than all our previous products!" - David Lee

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

You are posting as an expert "in the know" but all you are doing is interpreting Mr. Randazzo's marketing speak and claiming to have the real facts. I made this same mistake when I threw away my money buying the Queen for FSX Steam and believed their "less vas footprint than all our previous products!" - David Lee

At the time, that was correct information, for what it's worth.

...and "threw [your] money away" is a bit overly dramatic, isn't it?

• Upvote 4

Kyle Rodgers

31 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

So you bought the 747 just for the reduced vas and not for anything else like a fully simulated 747? Seems a bit odd to me but it's your money.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

At the time, that was correct information, for what it's worth.

...and "threw [your] money away" is a bit overly dramatic, isn't it?

No it is not dramatic, being part time and not having the income I used to, spending 120 dollars on an fsx version when I would have finally spent more to upgrade to P3D and this was before v4 announced. I would have never bought the fsx version if I knew the 747 ate 500mb more vas than the already high 777. But I am enjoying p3dv4 with the 777 the only pmdg plane I was able to afford for p3d. All my other fsx aircrats the 747 and ngx are sitting in the hanger. - David Lee

13 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

So you bought the 747 just for the reduced vas and not for anything else like a fully simulated 747? Seems a bit odd to me but it's your money.

What I mean is if I knew the true vas numbers of the fsx version and not believed the "marketing hype" of all the pmdg people, I would have saved for another month or so and finally upgraded to p3d that is all. - David Lee

39 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

What I mean is if I knew the true vas numbers of the fsx version and not believed the "marketing hype" of all the pmdg people, I would have saved for another month or so and finally upgraded to p3d that is all. - David Lee

That makes a lot of sense actually, sorry about that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Milton Waddams said:

That makes a lot of sense actually, sorry about that.

It had a happy ending it forced me to fall back in love with the 777 in p3dv4 - David Lee

2 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

No it is not dramatic, being part time and not having the income I used to, spending 120 dollars on an fsx version when I would have finally spent more to upgrade to P3D and this was before v4 announced. I would have never bought the fsx version if I knew the 747 ate 500mb more vas than the already high 777. But I am enjoying p3dv4 with the 777 the only pmdg plane I was able to afford for p3d. All my other fsx aircrats the 747 and ngx are sitting in the hanger. - David Lee

Have to agree with you David.  The 744 is definitely more VAS hungry than the 777 in FSX Steam, but she's still the Queen!  When landing at my Fly Tampa CYUL with a nice REX sunset and clouds I hear the chirping every time...

4 minutes ago, jrgaz said:

Have to agree with you David.  The 744 is definitely more VAS hungry than the 777 in FSX Steam, but she's still the Queen!  When landing at my Fly Tampa CYUL with a nice REX sunset and clouds I hear the chirping every time...

Before moving to p3d I had many fun fsx steam flights in the 744 with Martinair Op for KLM. The ERF is a beast! Also Kalitta flights from Hawaii to the mainland and back. Currently now on descent in the 77w EK568 dxb-blr - David Lee

• Upvote 1

I agree, 747 for X plane 11. X plane is moving in the right direction. I have both P3d and X plane, and at the moment I favor x plane in many ways. 

Evan B. 

• Upvote 2

I'm getting tired of the p3d vs xp topics... if you want to use pmdg addons, use the sim they are available for. And vice versa. Pmdg will certainly not answer on any topic like this with "oh ok I see you want it so we'll do it". Market share and maybe personal preference... that's all, pmdg is a company that wants to make money, not the welfare. Holy Mary...

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Ephedrin said:

I'm getting tired of the p3d vs xp topics... if you want to use pmdg addons, use the sim they are available for. And vice versa. Pmdg will certainly not answer on any topic like this with "oh ok I see you want it so we'll do it". Market share and maybe personal preference... that's all, pmdg is a company that wants to make money, not the welfare. Holy Mary...

I couldn't have said it any better, Ephedrin.