Sign in to follow this  
helmuthmoya

Please PMDG 747 in X-Plane 11 !!!!!

I kinda disagree, I think it's good to see people being vocal about their desires for support from a very respectable company in the flightsim world. Unfortunetly it seems like similar posts always devolve into the classic *p3d v x-plane debate* without conducting themselves in a mature and reasonable manner.

To that I say, play what you want to play. Fly what you want to fly. The aim of the day is to have the best experience possible, and there is a variety of methods to attain the best of flight-simming. Be passionate but don't be word not allowed. I'm an X-Plane fan, and I would love to see PMDG come join us!

• Upvote 3

Agree.

Xplane update equals one button.

P3d means mutiple back ups, etc etc etc...

Xplanes aero model is far ahead particularly the turbulence modelling and the 747 would be welcomed with open arms and wallets.

Having just gone to 4.1 i cannot believe LM thinks this is an "Easy" way to update. As time goes on xplane becomes a better and better option. Better aero model, easy updates, very open developement process, huge freeware content, easy to add photo scenery.

Xplane seems to be the future and P3D a look at the past.

• Upvote 1

Darren Howie

Sometimes I think people don‘t deserve it any better....

what the heck are you guys doing that you manage to crash your p3d to make a screenshot of it just to beg for a transition that is more than unlikely to be done??? 

Btw I haven‘t done any backups and have never needed any backups since I have stowed FSX. 

And unless you treat your P3D like a donkey it won‘t behave like a donkey. 

Then in heavens sake GO to Xplane but don‘t expect people to follow you, as long as you won‘t part the sea... Just because YOU are not able or willing to run a stable P3D setup it won‘t be any attractive for other people or developers that have posted a pretty clear statement. 

The last one asking for help (yes he did) because his P3Dv4 kept crashing had old Aerosoft scenery installed and tweaked following any youtube videos to make it work in v4. He paid the prize and after he got rid of that stuff he had a stable installation.

Get over it.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Sometimes I think people don‘t deserve it any better....

what the heck are you guys doing that you manage to crash your p3d to make a screenshot of it just to beg for a transition that is more than unlikely to be done??? 

Btw I haven‘t done any backups and have never needed any backups since I have stowed FSX. 

And unless you treat your P3D like a donkey it won‘t behave like a donkey. 

Then in heavens sake GO to Xplane but don‘t expect people to follow you, as long as you won‘t part the sea... Just because YOU are not able or willing to run a stable P3D setup it won‘t be any attractive for other people or developers that have posted a pretty clear statement. 

The last one asking for help (yes he did) because his P3Dv4 kept crashing had old Aerosoft scenery installed and tweaked following any youtube videos to make it work in v4. He paid the prize and after he got rid of that stuff he had a stable installation.

Get over it.

Thank you. I would love this post to be the first thing that newbies to this forum see. It would reduce the amount of articles in the general form by half!

53 minutes ago, VHOEI said:

Thank you. I would love this post to be the first thing that newbies to this forum see. It would reduce the amount of articles in the general form by half!

I'm so tired of this "Xplane is better" stuff... Not its not! It's different! That's all. I have XP11 too, I like the way it looks but on my system it's flickering and stuttering. So the 1-click-myth is busted. I would have to tweak and fine tune it the same as every other simulator on the market. The default planes are the same (sorry) word not allowed that LM delivers, I have enough RW 172 and DR400 hours to know the difference, though several years have passed since... Then: I can't tune anything with the mouse wheel.. A thing I (I !! ME!!!!! JUST ME!!!) don't like. And so every "xp is better" is nothing but a subjective feeling, not a fact.

Of course people can go to XP, use it, why not?! But this never ending whine in combination with "arguments" that are nothing but lies is so annoying. Sure there ARE issues with P3D, v4.1 has them too. So has XP!! But P3D is a professional simulation program, not a game. The PMDG airplanes are highly accurate and complex addons inside an incredible complex open source program. Things CAN go wrong, but most times the issue is in front of the PC. On my side there are a minimum of 5, maybe more addons working together when I use a PMDG airplane. The plane itself, FSUIPC, Active Sky, UTLive, PVACARS, TrackIR... If one follows the very few rules, he won't get into trouble.. And.. people won't believe it: I have read about XP crashes too with the IXEG. ;)

On 9/26/2017 at 8:40 AM, Ephedrin said:

I'm getting tired of the p3d vs xp topics... if you want to use pmdg addons, use the sim they are available for. And vice versa. Pmdg will certainly not answer on any topic like this with "oh ok I see you want it so we'll do it". Market share and maybe personal preference... that's all, pmdg is a company that wants to make money, not the welfare. Holy Mary...

Well, Holy Mary, why don't you take a deep breath and calm down.

1) If PMDG do not know what their customers want, then PMDG will have difficultly delivering product their customers will buy.

2) PMDG are good, but they are not telepathic, they can not be expected to know what their customers want if their customers don't tell them.

3) Telling PMDG what you would like does not mean you will get it, but not telling PMDG what you would like increases the chances that you won't get it. 

1) and 2) combine to imply that customers telling PMDG what they would like is a good thing for PMDG, not a bad thing as you have implied.

1) and 3) combine to imply that customers telling PMDG what they would like is a good thing for customers, not a bad thing as you have implied.

For example, XP11 was not a supported platform until PMDG decided to support it. It is reasonable to assume that one of the reasons that PMDG chose to support it was because customers asked for it so I am sure that you can now see that telling customers of PMDG what they can and can not ask for not to ask for seems a little bit silly, even if you personally are a bit tired of it. Personally, I am tired of asking when the Wood pigeon is going to be be delivered, though at this stage I am not sure if I will buy it unless it is has wingflex and a 2D cockpit, after all, I have standards to maintain.

2 hours ago, Paul_Smith said:

For example, XP11 was not a supported platform until PMDG decided to support it.

Unless I've missed something PMDG aren't currently supporting XP11 and haven't announced any intention to do so.  The only PMDG X-Plane product, the DC6, is for XP10 and has issues when used in XP11.

On 9/24/2017 at 0:14 AM, helmuthmoya said:

Many people really wants to fly the 747 pmdg in X-Plane 11, many people are tired of this....

21981642_903667586455766_600205662_o.png

Please PMDG help us !!!! we need you in x-plane !!!!

lol.