Sign in to follow this  
dschaum

P3D Menu drop down and FSDT

I placed this in the P3D forum, then realized it should go here:

I started with a perfectly running P3D V4.  I purchased PTA Tweak Asst, PTAbsolute (free) and ENVTEX.  Installed PTA T.A., then loaded the ENVTEX textures, then used the PTAbsoute Natural Set .ini file.  Everything is looks GREAT!, Except....

I have no drop down menus, PLUS, I hit Shift Z and I don't get my frame rate information in the top left, I hit Q and the sound is off but no screen message, I hit P and the sim pauses, but I don't get Red Paused message any longer.  I have checked my cfg and all messages should be showing.  Here are the settings

ShowInfoText=1
Maximized=2
HideMenuNormal=0
HideMenuFullscreen=1

I hit ALT key and the Academic License (which is still showing on the screen in the upper right corner funny enough) does move each time I hit ALT, but, I still don't get my drop down menus.  ALT Enter is no help as well.

There is one other anomaly I just discovered.  FSDT Charlotte is the only addon airport I have at the moment; and, it's the only airport where my aircraft does not have a shadow on the ground......hmmmm is there a conflict between FSDT and ENVTEX?  I say ENVTEX because FSDT Charlotte is the airport Matt used in his video and his aircraft clearly created shadows on the ground.  ?? 

I have deleted both the P3D cfg and the scenery cfg files to let P3D rewrite them, but no luck.  I'm out of ideas other than I can uninstall ENVTEX first and see if that works.  Then if not, I could uninstall PTA.   I would really hate to reload everything from scratch, so I'm hoping someone else has experienced something similar.

Thanks!

New development.  I fly from downtown Charlotte at 500 ft towards the FSDT KCLT.  I'm viewing down on the aircraft from above and I see the shadow of the plane on the ground.  I get to KCLT and as soon as I hit the FSDT scenery the shadow disappears???

Of course I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the fact that I have lost all my drop down menus in P3D, but I want to point it out.

Have you tried reinstalling the client? That seems to be the next logical step.

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.