Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

Ace (aircraft control engineering) desktop yoke

I’m looking to order a 737 desktop yoke from ace. It seems they are primarily a Facebook based company. Everything I have seen says message them on Facebook to order. The website they have doesn’t contain much info but there is an email for daryll.

i have messaged and emailed yesterday and today but so far have no response even though Facebook says they usually respond within an hour. Now, I know it is weekend so I’m putting it down to that but if you google them there is a lot of stuff about them being hard to get a response out of and are very slow to respond to contact requests. I’ve also seen stuff saying they takes ages from order to delivery and have lots of delays.

It seems the product is worth the wait by all accounts but what are people’s opinions here? If I can buy one from a shop I would.

What are your experiences? Any good experiences or bad ones?

Chris

I do not own their product, so I cannot speak to quality.  People that have them think they are excellent.

However, you might want to consider that they take your money up front (and whoever at Ace can correct me if i am wrong) before even building  the yoke or preparing for shipment.  Some most people seem to have waited months and months for it to come through (there are several posts on this forum). 

IMHO, this is a 1 man shop and probably a side job, so when life does not get in the way, he can build them.  Seems life gets in his way a lot.  This is not unique to flight sim products, it is prevalent in all "boutique" operations.  

Pay your money, take your chances.

Stephen Forsgren

Ace just posted on their FB page. I have there 737 yoke and love it. Took awhile to get but happy with the performance.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

i ordered 6 months ago. still havent heard anything from them even after this.. VERY frustrating 

I love my 737 ProLine Yoke I placed my order on 1/9/17 and it shipped 3/15/17 and arrived in Florida the following day 3/16/17 via Fed Ex next day International shipping. Not bad just over 2 months from the date of order and exactly when I was told it would arrive (Actually 3 weeks earlier than expected). I would say the are a two man operation Darryl and Ali. 

Communication via FB is slow I will be honest, I believe they can do better in that department. My yoke arrived 99% complete I ordered the trip counter but was told it was in a re-design so it would be later in the year for that to arrive. I got an email last week my trip counter shipped so with the holiday I expect to see it this week.

My thread

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

I thought about ACE when I bought my PFC yoke, but there were too many unknowns for me with the ACE.  The PFC shipped almost immediately and PFC has been very responsive (telephone or email) when I had a question.    

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

On 11/13/2017 at 10:52 AM, Bluestar said:

I thought about ACE when I bought my PFC yoke, but there were too many unknowns for me with the ACE.  The PFC shipped almost immediately and PFC has been very responsive (telephone or email) when I had a question.    

blaustern

They are a good choice I had my PFC Jetliner yoke I sold and picked up the ACE. 

My Trip reminder arrived as I was told from ACE, fit and quality is nice. This completed my 737 Captains Pro Yoke.

38487520296_97a0d83c43_b.jpgIMG_4700 by pewter2001z28 Camaro, on Flickr

37827731044_ecaf3ffc4f_b.jpgIMG_4698 by pewter2001z28 Camaro, on Flickr

37827738544_3bc35424ee_b.jpgIMG_4699 by pewter2001z28 Camaro, on Flickr

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

As a customer who ordered their 777 yoke in July 21, I would like to tell you guys how frustrated I am because of their arrogance and bad customer service.

I totally understand I need to be patient because ACE is just a two-man company (should be). That is why I was very patient last a few months.

On 27 September, ACE announced their commencement of shipment, and requested all customers who ordered their yokes in this batch to confirm their information with them via Facebook Messenger. Then, I followed their instructions. However, I got no reply from them. There was no "read" mark as well. Therefore, I didn't even know whether or not they have received my confirmation (you know, the new FB messenger sometimes prevents users from receiving messages from somebody else). As a customer, I knew they have begun to send their products to their customers whereas I still got no reply, so it was very normal for me to become frustrated hence ask them to acknowledge my information plus provide me with some more information. This was what ACE sent me:

DvJevAd.png

First, how come a customer cannot even ask them to acknowledge their receival of my information (note: I even did not ask for an approximate date of shipment)? Second, I have not ever told that they would not acknowledge my information before the product was fully ready. The main point is, I just need them to confirm that they have received my shipment address, name and other information required by them! Anyway, I apologise just because I did not want my product...because of my "disrespectful messages" for their perspective.

On 6 October, they had a new post on their Facebook page updating the status. They said they had been working through the remaining 85 orders (my order is one of them). On 29 October, they clearly claimed that the final batches were expected to be pushed out in following Monday (see the red circle). That is why asked them again whether those 85 orders have been all pushed out as expected. What a shame! I got no response at all.

Therefore, on 15 November, I sent a relatviely formal email of enquiry to Darryl about the status of my order. Note that I became so frustrated not because I suddenly became impatient, but just because they posted some updates about shipment on Facebook which contradicted the status of my order. Darryl kindly asked his colleague Ali to advise me, but unfortunately until now I did not received any more response from them.

6YB9DkX.png

This is what I think:

• I am very frustrated because I have no idea about the status of my order
  • Their attitude was like "I am working, shut your xxxx up". Customers have no right to ask anything from them
  • They have time to promote their new plan of producing 787 yokes (on 6 Oct and 27 Oct), but no time to respond to those who have actually placed an order

19d3572bf9555cfb9382b98fbc1f1d09.png

72a5e537417eb50afd97a56124c676df.png

I am not saying their products are bad, but certainly their cusomter service are the worst in my experience. For those who care about their order, personally I would suggest not going for ACE.

I feel for ya it’s tough for them as a 2 man operation and the lack of customer support is what is going to hurt them as time goes on. They need to have 1 dedicated person to answer emails and messages on FB. I will say before the sale they respond spot on, as soon as the funds change hands they go quiet.

I waited for my trip reminder for several months past when it was supposed to ship. I was finally informed after I sent a not so happy email what was the delay I was finally told they had to re-design them and a rough estimate when I would get mine, they blew past that by 3 months. Mine finally arrived to me a few weeks ago. Would I do it again I am 50/50 the product is great but the customer service is where they fail and really need to step up the game, hell hire someone and pay them with equipment or something if you cannot pay them $$$.

I would have gone with the Agronn Simulations they were about 2 months longer out plus I saw very limited info on them when I was shopping.

Good luck I would contact Darryl again keep on him until you get a response if needed tell him you want a refund see that that gets his attention.

I would say their attitude is REALLY REALLY BAD. They broke their promises AGAIN and AGAIN without admitting it, even pointed fingers to their customers. I am really worried that I would receive a defective/faculty product from them without getting their support. That's why I am considering whether to request a cancellation and refund of my order. In my opinion, if you think you will need a good after-sale support in case their product goes defective or faulty out-of-the-box, please don't purchase products from them.

I would like to emphasise that the worst thing of them is their ATTITUDE, not to mention their long delay without notice.

ld7xrvjo

vr7mg3nl

Stinks you have to go through this IMHO since you are worried about support after purchase (remember most products are 90 days to 1 year warranty so any issue you have will most likely happen once the warranty is up) you might as well cancel you order and request a full refund. I stuck it out with them got a great product and yes I am aware the CS is really lacking after payment. I will say I love my 737 yoke but the CS after the sale really turns folks off. 

Best of luck with what ever your decision is if I was in your shoes I would give them until Friday of this week to give you a ship date if not then cancel.

Never, never, never again will i ever deal with ACE again.  

And from the email responses l’ve received from other buyers, my issue is not isolated.

Finally after 11 1/2 months after paying for my yoke, it arrived and broken.  11 1/2 months of rude replies and almost threats for just asking for the yoke or my money back.  

And when it arrives, it’s faulty due to appalling quality of wiring. So bad that i have to take it to a local electronics store to get it redone. And no offer of help from ACE, just questioning me that l pulled the connection wires too hard. What a joke.

One Company to definitely stay away from.

Happy to share my emails and aggressive replies from them over their inability to supply.

Interesting, and I'm sure those are valid problems, but i really like their products so I placed my order, they were very friendly and helpful, so let's see when I get my yoke, I will write soon as it arrives and I'll do a small review.

I purchased the ACE Desktop 737, and wish I had not.  It took roughly a year for the product to be delivered.  When it arrived, the mounting knobs were missing.  It took another two months for those to arrive, after I had to remind them several times.

The yoke is beefy and the forward and back (elevator input) motion is not smooth at all.  If you use fine adjustments with the yoke to climb and dive, than release the yoke, it will not center.  This makes gentle climbs and dives difficult.

I am totally dissatisfied with the product, and if any one reading would like to purchase this from me, I will let it go for under 150.00 USD. 

52 minutes ago, gpf3m said:

I purchased the ACE Desktop 737, and wish I had not.  It took roughly a year for the product to be delivered.  When it arrived, the mounting knobs were missing.  It took another two months for those to arrive, after I had to remind them several times.

The yoke is beefy and the forward and back (elevator input) motion is not smooth at all.  If you use fine adjustments with the yoke to climb and dive, than release the yoke, it will not center.  This makes gentle climbs and dives difficult.

I am totally dissatisfied with the product, and if any one reading would like to purchase this from me, I will let it go for under 150.00 USD. 

My experience is similar to you!

Today the yoke just arrived. It comes without manual, so I don't even know whether I have missed some parts and how to get the parts assembled. Also, what I ordered was a 777 F/O yoke, but ACE shipped a 737 plate to me...

Regarding the elevator issue you mentioned, I briefly pushed and pulled the axis (since I can't mount the handle to the axis, maybe the mounting knobs was missing) and noticed the same problem with you. But I need to further test it after I mount the handle successfully.

If ACE is unwilling to ship the right plate to me within a reasonable time period, I reserve the right of opening a dispute case on Paypal and request a refund.