Sign in to follow this  
glennav8r

Removing Bezel Popup Window

I may be missing something completely here but changing nobezel = false to nobezel = true in the RXP.GNS.INI file is not removing the bezel.

##Update##

It is working but I'm having to shift left click top of the bezel to make it disappear.

Glenn

Edited by glennav8r
update

Glenn, one "easy" way to start is to duplicate the [GNS_#30_#.DEFAULT] section to something like: [GNS_#30_#.MY_CUSTOM_SETTINGS]

Once done, change the settings in this new section to your liking, then add a 5th param to the gauge##= line with the same name, in this example, it would look something like:

gauge00=rxpGNS2!GNS_530_1,0,0,100,100,MY_CUSTOM_SETTINGS

Proceeding this way ensures you won't affect any other instances of the GNS gauge in the panel.cfg file, while allowing you to customize THIS particular instance rendering settings only. Of course, any other instance sharing the same settings can use the same 5th param!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I have successfully placed the RXP 430 v2 and and 530 v2 to replace the original legacy RXP units in several aircraft, doing so by changing the gauge names in both the Windows # and VCockpit # entries from the legacy names to the appropriate v2 names. Gauges work fine, both in the VC and in 2D.  However in doing this I seem to have lost the mouse cursor "magnifying glass" that opens 2D popups and subsequently closes them. So I must resort to the Shift # key combinations for the defined windows, or map the shift-# key to a yoke button. Any thoughts on what I am failing to do?

Edited by fppilot
clarification

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Frank, see my answer (post #2), and further review the details in the User's Manual. GNS V2 has more configuration options now!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hint:

; left mouse button popup ident  (ex: GPS_PANEL or 225).
popleft = 15531
; right mouse button popup ident (ex: GPS_PANEL or 225).
popright =

• Upvote 1

Bert

42 minutes ago, RXP said:

Frank, see my answer (post #2), and further review the details in the User's Manual. GNS V2 has more configuration options now!

Are you referring to the lower portion of page 9? If so I am only half lost. Bert P's response fills in the half that is not lost.  What is 225? popright or popleft= ???  In some cases I have two gauges installed. So are both popright= (or left) set to the same value.  Or one set to one and the other to something else?  I looked through my panel.cfg files for quite a number of aircraft models and find some legacy =15531 entries and some =15541 entries..... Those all seem to work.  While you may be very proficient at applying what you write, not all of your users have taken that foreign language.... Not flaming here. Just leveling with you. I am not a novice at this, but certainly way below Bert's level of understanding and application. I cannot glean from the manual what to do.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

9 hours ago, fppilot said:

Are you referring to the lower portion of page 9?

I'm referring to page 10 which explains in a full page, how to customize settings for a "gauge##=rxpGNS2" line in the panel.cfg file. From there, reading the self-documented RealityXP.GNS.ini file comments (all the lines starting with a ';') shall give you starting clues about which setting does what. Having said this, I welcome any comment which would improve our customers understanding of the system!

OK. I am still not getting this. At least I am unable to get it to work.  Here is what I have done for the MilViz C310 from as best as I can determine from the User's Manual and the directions in the messages above. So please look at what I have done and advise where I am making a wrong turn....

In RealityXP.GNS.ini

I added the following section at the end:

[GNS_430_2.TOGGLE_430]
popleft = 15531

In panel.cfg

I added the line at the end of [Window07] which is my custom popup

[Window07]
Background_color=255,255,255 
size_mm=520,378
window_size_ratio=1.000  
position=0
visible=0
ident=794
window_size= 0.270, 0.330
window_pos= 0.730, 0.670
zorder=15

gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS530,  0,0,520,378
gauge01=rxpGNS2!GNS_530_1,87,28,348,260

//added the line below
popleft=15531

And in the Virtual Cockpit I appended the 430, gauge07 with the call to the section added to "RealityXP.GNS.ini" (last line)

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Vcockpit01]
file=C310_VC_01_FR.bmp 
size_mm=1024,1024    
visible=0
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$C310_VC_01

gauge00=MilVizC310!MilVizC310_XMLSound,  657,4,17,16
gauge01=MilVizC310!EDM700_L,  658,193,350
gauge02=MilVizC310!EDM700_R,  658,540,350
gauge03=C310_XMLGauges!C310_Logic,  693,11,1,1
gauge04=C310_XMLGauges!C310_DME,  649,32,300,150
gauge05=RadioC210!RadioAudio,  0,0,640,150    

//gauge06=rxpGNS!GNS530,  0,151,638,470  changed yesterday
//gauge07=rxpGNS!GNS430,  0,621,638,275   changed yesterday

gauge06=rxpGNS2!GNS_530_1,  0,151,638,470,
gauge07=rxpGNS2!GNS_430_2,  0,621,638,275, TOGGLE_430

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Frank, you've almost got it. Here is some more info:

1) In the RealityXP.GNS.ini file:

popleft = 15531

This number is a number referencing a specific [window##] in the panel.cfg file, for which the same ident number is used. GNS V2 also understand 'named' indents, like GPS_PANEL.

2) In the panel.cfg file:

[Window07]
ident=794

You can see the ident doesn't match! Either you use "pop left = 794", or you use "ident = 15531", as long as BOTH are the same.

3) In the panel.cfg file:

popleft=15531

This key name (popleft) is only for the INI file. You may remove it.

OK. Finally got it to work.

Now! Do you see the gap in the self-documented comment lines?  There is nothing to guide someone like me to use popleft in the .ini file and ident in the .cfg file. Yes, I see the word ident in "; left mouse button popup ident (ex: GPS_PANEL or 225).  But not understanding that reference I spent hours instead mirroring the entries in the respective files. For example, I tried using ident in both files instead of popleft.

As the owner it may be easy for you to overlook that gap. What needs to happen is intuitive to you.  Also to others like Bert P. who does so much with this that it is intuitive to them as well.

; left mouse button popup. Use popleft = ##### in this .ini file and use  ident = ##### in the panel.cfg file using the same numeric value in each (ex: GPS_PANEL or 225).
popleft = 
; rigtht mouse button popup. Use popright = ##### in this .ini file and use  ident = ##### in the panel.cfg file using the same numeric value in each (ex: GPS_PANEL or 225).
popright = 

Can you give me an example of how one would use a phrase like GPS_PANEL with popright or popleft and corresponding use in the panel.cfg file?

Regards, Frank

Frank Patton
ASUS 

These are good suggestions and I'm glad it is now working!

Whenever you try to manually edit the panel.cfg file, it is best to start reading what the SDK says about it:

https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/panels_and_user_interface/panels/panel_configuration_files.html

Once read, I'd guess it becomes clearer how "popup ident" in the INI file, and "ident" in the [WINDOW##] section relate one to the other.

In particular, you can read in the SDK the list of valid indents, like "GPS_PANEL", and the list of INI self-documented "GPS_PANEL" and match the two together.

Hopefully, this is what these forums are about, helping our customers, and I'm glad we've been of help today!

As for using GPS_PANEL instead, this is easy once you read the SDK doc:

1) change your panel.cfg ident= to read ident=GPS_PANEL

2) change your RealityXP.GNS.ini popleft= to read popleft=GPS_PANEL