1230james

Civa INS Issues in the 707

A few days ago I reinstalled FSX:SE and all my addons I've previously had for it. One of them being the CaptainSim 707.

Before, I used to be able to fly the 707 using the Civa INS. Worked like a charm; just needed to insert the right card at the right time and everything would run smoothly.

This time, though, I can't seem to get the plane to work right with the INS installed.
Every time I add the INS to panel.cfg (or use the CIVA_panel.cfg that CS gives us; I tried both just to make sure), my Shift + X (like Shift + 2; the ones you use to pull up 2D panel popups) inputs stopped responding, and my mouse look controls get extremely choppy when I press space to move the camera, as seen here.

I already looked at the official CaptainSim forums, and I found this post and this reply, but nothing has worked.

Thought I'd post here just in case someone who isn't over at the CS forums but is over here sees this and can offer some help. Many thanks in advance.

My computer's hardware, for reference:

• Windows 10 64-bit (Home, if that makes any difference)
  • i3-6100 (3.7 GHz, dual-core)
  • 16GB RAM, DDR4
  • Intel HD Graphics 530

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If the switches aren't responding you sure you put the gaugexx=../civa/INS!Config,         0,    0,  0, 0, csx701  Entry into it?  I tried in the CS C-130 and the location they said to put it in the 707 did not work for that aircraft.  I think i got it working in the main panel portion.  I don't have my config anymore.  I just reinstalled the CS C-130 today.  So maybe I'll get around to it tomorrow.  But move that config entry around that did the trick for me when I had that issue.

11 hours ago, thibodba57 said:

If the switches aren't responding

I never said anything about the switches not responding, I said Shift + X stopped working.

11 hours ago, thibodba57 said:

you sure you put the gaugexx=../civa/INS!Config,         0,    0,  0, 0, csx701  Entry into it?

I already said in the OP:

11 hours ago, 1230james said:

Every time I add the INS to panel.cfg (or use the CIVA_panel.cfg that CS gives us; I tried both just to make sure)

So, yes, I'm sure I put the Civa INS stuff into panel.cfg.

59 minutes ago, 1230james said:

I never said anything about the switches not responding, I said Shift + X stopped working.

My apologies.  My assumption was you meant the switches we're not functioning when you said "inputs stopped responding".

1 hour ago, thibodba57 said:

My apologies.  My assumption was you meant the switches we're not functioning when you said "inputs stopped responding".

It's fine. Not like I can even move the camera around to click any switches in the first place. :P

Fixed it!
Apparently, Steam Overlay can cause issues with some third-party aircraft. Disabling it has caused the problem to cease.

To anyone reading this who might be a complete newbie:

1. Open the Steam client and go to your Library tab.
  2. Right-click on FSX:SE.
  3. Click on Properties.
  4. Uncheck "Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game".

If you have this issue and you (1) don't have FSX:SE, or (2) are not running FSX Boxed through Steam, then I'm not sure what to tell you. Best of wishes to anyone who's in that boat.

I hope this helps!