Sign in to follow this  
cobrakev1526

GNS 530/430 no were to be found in P3dV4

Ive just bought both the gns530 and 430 for P3dV4 and installed them just like normal with no problems. but there isn't any Reality XP menu at all in my Addons menu. Its as if the gns 530/430 isn't running. Is there a way to activate these in like a exe.xml or .dll somewhere that didn't get turned on? Yes I have also downloaded the trainer lite too. 

Hi,

can you please cross check you have the following:

"my documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons\Reality XP GNS\add-on.xml"

This is the 'add-on' file for P3D4 which content tells where to find the gauges, and the menu dll.

P3D4 loads these automatically, unless you have 'disabled' the add-on.

You might want to also cross-check your P3D4 add-on menu, see the GNS in the list, and enable it.

Once enabled, upon relaunching P4D4, it should load automatically.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Yep I looked in my documents/ Prepar3d V4 add-ons/  and found that there is no Reality XP  GNS folder so there isn't any add-on.xml. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both with administrator right and not but it didn't creat this folder or file. Interesting...

ok so im Re RE Reinstalling again and I am at the part were its giving me an overview of what and were its going to install stuff and this is what its showing...

Selected components:
      Product Files for Prepar3d v4

Prepar3D v4 location:
      E:\Prepar3D v4

Destination location:
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim

Additional tasks:
      Check for updates now (the installer will check for updates now)

Garmin GNS Trainer Lite is already installed

There is no add-on.xml anywhere on my computer except for the SODE version for Sode

Hello,

Please add me to the list. I have the exact same issue, with the exact same install comments.

Thanks.

Regards,

Beau

Beau Rice

@cobrakev1526

@beaurice172

The file is nothing special, and it won't be listed either because it is not copied from the installer, but created during installation by the installer.

If this fails, and there are no errors, it probably mean a standard Windows component is missing somehow. This component is the very standard Windows MSXML

Should the add-on.xml fails to create during installation, you can create the file manually with the following content:

File: "My Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Reality XP GNS\add-on.xml"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="3,3" id="add-on">
    <AddOn.Name>Reality XP GNS V2</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>Legendary Gauges Redefined</AddOn.Description>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>DLL</Category>
        <Name>Reality XP GNS V2 Menu</Name>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\64\rxpGNS2_menu.dll</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Gauges</Category>
        <Name>Reality XP GNS V2 Gauge</Name>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\64</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

NB: for P3D3, it goes into: "My Documents\Prepar3D v3 Add-ons\Reality XP GNS\add-on.xml"

NB: for P3D3: change any "64" with "32"

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Awesome That fixed the issue! I just made the folders manually then created a blank.xml file and copy pasted your code and it now works inside P3dV4. Then renamed the .xml file add-on.xml

• Upvote 1

I'm glad this has fixed the issue, but I'm still puzzled it didn't create the XML in the first place!

Hi,

just to note I had exactly the same problem. No files created in my documents. Created manually and was finally asked to allow on next P3Dv4 start.

Cheers

Thorsten

As a follow up, I installed the GNS430W v2 first, and no xml file was created. I bought and installed the GNS530W v2 later, and the file was created.

Best regards,

Beau

Beau Rice

@beaurice172 this one is even more peculiar, because the 430 and the 530 installer is the same installer, only the authenticated license differ (step done prior the software installation with the e-commerce installer).

Maybe something different was preventing the creation of the file the first time:

1) Was P3D running when you'd install the 430?

2) Did you select multiple simulators in the installer or just one for the 430?

Hi Jean-Luc,

I currently only have P3Dv4 installed, This is what I have found to be my issues:

1 Windows defender does not like the install package. I had to select open anyway, for the RXP installer.

2 I had quit malwarebytes. No issues with that.

3 I use ESET Smart Security. I disabled virus protection, and disabled the firewall protection. This is where I believe the problem was.

On the 430 install, I did the above steps. However, I just happened to open ESET, and there were a couple of RXP files that had been quarantined. I clicked on them, and chose restore and do not scan. The files were not actually restored. I did a complete uninstall/reinstall (with reboots) four times. Install would not create addon file.

On the 530 install, I did the above steps. This time around, Windows defender did the same thing. I had to select open anyway, for the RXP installer. The difference was that this time ESET did not quarantine any files. The addon xml file was created.

I think what happened, with the 430, was that even though I had quite malwarebytes, and disabled ESET, ESET was running in the background, and did not actually ever stop doing it's scans. That is all I can think of. I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Beau

• Upvote 1

Beau Rice

Thank you for the detailed information. It seems effectively highly probable the issue was the one you've described.

@cobrakev1526 @Torsen can you please cross check if what Beau Rice described, or similar, did happen on your systems too?