Dear Sir or Madam,
the representation of the Garmin devices is unfortunately very faded. Script errors are displayed in the log file.

[...]

[error.50]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Type: Gauge
Name: Gauge_ENGINE_DIGVC
Error: Invalid script (no command is more than 4 characters): "//Starting Fuel Quantity value used for all fuel calculations.

(A:FUEL TOTAL QUANTITY, gallons) (>L:G600_ManualFuelRemain, gallons) //Uncomment ( remove the // ) if you wnat FSX to set the

[error.51]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Name: Gauge_ENGINE_DIGVC
Error: Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there's an extra space?): "Fuel" in: Fuel Quantity value used for all fuel calculations.

(A:FUEL TOTAL QUANTITY, gallons) (>L:G600_ManualFuelRemain, gallons) //Uncomment ( remove

[...]

[error.993]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Name: EX500_config
Error: Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there's an extra space?): "Lbl," in: Lbl, 3-On, 4-On w/ Lbl]
      //-----Declutter IFR Defaults-----//
      2 (>L:EX500_DeclutterAirspaceIFR, enum)  //Airspace Shown [0-Off, 1-Auto, 2-O

[error.994]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there's an extra space?): "w/" in: w/ Lbl]
      2 (>L:EX500_DeclutterAirspaceIFR, enum)  //Airspace Shown [0-Off, 1-Auto, 2-On]
      4 (>L:EX

[error.995]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there's an extra space?): "Lbl]" in: Lbl]
      2 (>L:EX500_DeclutterAirspaceIFR, enum)  //Airspace Shown [0-Off, 1-Auto, 2-On]
      4 (>L:EX5

[...]

Could someone tell me what I can change in which script so that the errors in the log file disappear and all the device on the aircraft work?

Here is the error shown:

FehlerPA46.jpg

The script errors have nothing to do with this error (and planes usually work as they should despite these errors).

Troubleshooting in this case (and in case of the PA31) is impossible because you don't state your hardware specs and not even which simulator you are using.

10 hours ago, J35OE said:

The script errors have nothing to do with this error

What else do you think otherwise cause the error?

(and planes usually work as they should despite these errors).

But not in my case.

Troubleshooting in this case (and in case of the PA31) is impossible because you don't state your hardware specs and not even which simulator you are using.

P3Dv4 / i7 / Asus Pro z170 / 2x STRIX-GTX980TI-DC3OC-6GD5 / BeQuiet! PowerZone 1000W/ W10 64bit 15063.608

I have always had the experience when programs and scripts are badly written, the programmers always push it to the hardware.

Why are similar programs or program parts running correctly?

Why do the errors on the Garmin devices never occur with the supplied standard aircraft from LM?

best Regards

SebastianStorb

(CB-IR Flight Student IRL)

11 hours ago, SebastianStorb said:

Could someone tell me what I can change in which script so that the errors in the log file disappear and all the device on the aircraft work?

Has anyone perhaps an idea that could help me?

Do you still have these errors. I have a similar problem, and I have a feeling that this might be doing something bad to the sims performance or function. The ContentErrors.txt is filled with probably around 7-800 errors. I do not see anything in my VC though - everything looks normal there. Anyhow, in a programmers perspective its very bad when debugging spits out error messages. I've managed to get rid of some of these script errors by removing comments in the G1000_Config.XML files (// type comments in XML-files is by my opinion a bad idea, even if they are inside tags). To be able to edit the files you have to expand the cab in the gauges directory and make a directory with the same name containing the files in the cab. You also have to rename the cab itself, so that the simulator uses the directory instead of the cab. The cab is called PA46_G1000N or PA46_G1000 depending on wether you use the Navigraph extension or not respectively. The problem is to fix the  other files. These are spb (propdefs) files which has to be converted to xml before editing. I have converted one of them and been poking around in it without being able to see that there where any errors in the file. I am really starting to wonder if there is something really wrong with the error parsing mechanism in P3D - the commenting mentioned earlier should not actually be a problem - even though I try to avoid them in xml. Comments in xml are normally in HTML style "<!-- --> and not the // style that is used here"