Sign in to follow this  
Terrydew

LM Officially announces event tomorrow

10 minutes ago, Boomer said:

The runway slope issue would be awesome if dealt with.

Rob has posted a video in France showing it on YouTube allready. 

Thank Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Well that was completely useless. Why do an AMA if you’re not going to answer anything? Sigh, maybe someday flight sim developers will figure out this whole communication thing.

• Upvote 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, kiwikat said:

Well that was completely useless. Why do an AMA if you’re not going to answer anything? Sigh, maybe someday flight sim developers will figure out this whole communication thing.

Nah, It's a community thing.

Why else would we be attached to our computers like some bionic half-breeds if we were so great at real time, real person, one on three interaction?

:blink:

We're nerds.

7 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Whot?  So sloping is coming to runways...?

spacer.png

What an utterly hyped up bloody waste of time.  Nothing has been confirmed or concluded, no change log, lots of 'maybe's' and 'we're thinking about it's'

• Upvote 6

Well I just checked out a video of ORBX ENHF and it does feature a paved contoured runway. Not sure what the limitations on this are but it was always the one thing I found compelling about X-plane. Perhaps the issue with contoured runways in Prepare3D is not the implementation but just the shear number of runways that would need to be addressed. Is ENHF a recent release? Perhaps we will see contoured runways and for that mater taxi ways in new offering from the big airport devs. FSDT, FB, FT etc in forthcoming offering.

Well thats it:  dont try to redo the entire globe with sloped runways, just give the 3d party developers the ability to add them to their specific airports.

• Upvote 3

spacer.png

15 minutes ago, ErichB said:

What an utterly hyped up bloody waste of time.  Nothing has been confirmed or concluded, no change log, lots of 'maybe's' and 'we're thinking about it's'

😂😂😂 thanks for making me laugh.

9 minutes ago, Avidean said:

Well I just checked out a video of ORBX ENHF and it does feature a paved contoured runway. Not sure what the limitations on this are but it was always the one thing I found compelling about X-plane. Perhaps the issue with contoured runways in Prepare3D is not the implementation but just the shear number of runways that would need to be addressed. Is ENHF a recent release? Perhaps we will see contoured runways and for that mater taxi ways in new offering from the big airport devs. FSDT, FB, FT etc in forthcoming offering.

I believe the issue is that they can make it look as a slope runway but it is just looks, it does not has any effect on the flight dynamics, like drag, etc.

I have scenery on FSX with slope runways, so this is not new, but again it is just looks.

Regards 

Simbol 

AI planes are unable to use sloped runways. AI engine updates don't seem to be high on the list for P3D (based on the fact that nothing has changed in this department since FSX), so don't get your hopes up.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

27 minutes ago, simbol said:

I believe the issue is that they can make it look as a slope runway but it is just looks, it does not has any effect on the flight dynamics, like drag, etc.

I have scenery on FSX with slope runways, so this is not new, but again it is just looks.

Regards 

Simbol 

There must be a physics component to it though.  If you try to taxi an aircraft up a hill ...or down a hill  (yes I’ve tried in the past) you do get predictable behaviour , from what I recall.   The same should therefore also apply to sloping runways?  The issue is AI , which Christopher has pointed out

1 hour ago, kiwikat said:

What were you expecting them to say? I thought they gave some good info. Developers will not speculate or talk off the cuff because they know all it creates is "well you said last year...." style comments and demands as if those words were a binding contract.

It shows why the Aces no comms approach is often the best one.

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

Thank Michael Moe 

Interesting - didn't know it was coming that soon? Or is this something else?

Do you have a link to this video? :smile:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 minutes ago, sanh said:

What were you expecting them to say? U thought they gave some good info. Developers will not speculate or talk off the cuff because they know all it creates is "well you said last year...." style comments and demands as if those words were a binding contract.

It shows why the Aces no comms approach is often then best one.

I'll give the "no comms approach" a try here in my IT department and see how far it gets me.

Project planning and estimating are very basic functions of any development team. While they're not perfect, Laminar does a much better job of keeping the community up to speed with X-Plane. There are dev blogs, live streams, and a pretty good presence in the community. Elsewhere, I feel like Blizzard does an excellent job keeping their communities up to speed on what's going on with their various games. Obviously most sim devs don't have anywhere near the resources of someone like Blizzard, but I still don't feel like that's a valid excuse for the relatively poor communication we see in this community.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png