Sign in to follow this  
unc1rlm

Has anyone successfully installed the latest Voxatc and got it to run properly? P#Dv4

No luck with this..keeps saying "Demo" and it won't index. Really liked 6.52 when it worked. frustrated...wrote Tegwyn but you know how that goes lol.  Not going back to p3dv3...thats history.

Thanks

Bob M

windows 10x64

Bob M

It seems to be OK so far for me.....it certainly installs without issue and does what I need it to with respect to atc.

10 minutes ago, unc1rlm said:

Thanks John1383...could you share any secrets. lol. Would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Bob M

Are you installing the demo version? If you install it, uninstall it and reinstall it, it will no longer work on that computer. I had that happen, went ahead and purchased a registration (at the 6.52 user’s discount) and it has been working fine (with the few idiosyncrasies noted on this forum)

Working fine for me.  Try uninstalling completely, then reinstall?  Does it install and can you run the setup utility and the indexer manually?

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

10 hours ago, unc1rlm said:

Thanks John1383...could you share any secrets. lol. Would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Bob M

I don't have any secrets I am afraid....P3dv4 installed normally and I added some A2A aircraft which are in the in the add-ons folder under c:\....documents. Also added the PMDG fleet and the RealAir Duke.

Scenery is all Orbx with a few UK2000 airports and some Scotflight  enhancements.

The indexer runs fine, taking longer over some areas than others, but completes OK.

No drama really!

John

I came back to VOXATC recently and managed to install the trial easily in P3DV4. Improvements compare to the previous version was quite apparent but after several flights I kept getting stuck at various runway locations and very frustrated.

I feel this program really does need some sort of “reset“ button that you can take it onto the next stage.

So - uninstalled it and very happily went back to Radar Contact 4.  Okay it doesn’t give you detailed taxi instructions but other than that it’s a great program and it just works and it gives realistic ATC instructions consistently. After all these years it still does what it promises. 

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Thanks....I will try again....I am a little skiddish because I bought 6.52 for $96.00 and p3d came along and it's been one headache after another and with support being so crappy...do I want to spend another 76 bucks and wait and wait and wait for support or developer no were to be found. It is a great program...I have UT live and how long will we wait for the bridge etc and other bug fixes. That's my only complaint.

Anyway..will stick it out I guess.

Bob M.

Bob M

The upgrade cost from V6 to V7 is $40 US from either rcsimulations or the developer directly.

Thanks Jabloom I read somewhere $20.00 off so thats why I said $76.00 in USD. Thanks for sharing that but the core complaint is the same.

Bob M.

Bob M

On 26/09/2017 at 8:15 PM, Mark Niebauer said:

Does Radar Contact 4 work with P3d V4?

Absolutely.  Works great and I thoroughly recommend it.

I'm used to 'proper ATC' (from Pilotedge) but if I fly outside the Pilotedge area I use RC4 and find it very useful and realistic.

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Ok. I uninstalled and removed registry entry per jabloom..now its indexing......it stops at D:/System Volume Information and just sits. The blue bar on the install is maybe 75% done. Any ideas. Now I can stop indexing and then it will load aircraft selection where i can install gauges.... Should I just wait or any clues as to why it stops here. My P3dv4 is installed on D:/   Its the only program or simulator on it. An ssd.

Thanks,

Bob M.

Bob M

I don't think that it's the drive location, as my P3d4 folder is on drive G: You've tried all the easy things to remedy the situation (running P3d the Indexer and VOXATC setup  as administrator, redownloading the VOXATC installer and clearing the registry) so I don't know what else that you can do, except wait for a response from the developer.

Two other generic suggestions (although I doubt that either of these will help). Temporarily disable your anti-malware program when installing any software and also when running P3d. Second, have you tried running chkdsk on drive D: to see if the drive has any errors?

No..haven't run chkdisk..give it a whirl...one other..when voxatc starts..I hear radio check...but hear nothing when I select an option...I have cere proc installed....installed ok for Windows 64 bit...also I have leveld airac installed in a leveld folder but when I run runway updater and it ask to scan..I click OK and the runway exe crashes...still buggy and I point directly to navdata folder inside leveld?  Buggy I guess or its just me lol.

Thanks,

Bob M.

Bob M