Sign in to follow this  
Schlotterknie

PTA Update for Prepar3D v4.1

Perhaps V4.1 should be released first.

Then Matt can examine things, test it and then tell us how long..

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

14 hours ago, Schlotterknie said:

Will this be a matter of days, weeks or months?

Make an educated guess

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

6 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Make an educated guess

I appreciate your friendly words. Maybe you can also give me a hint on which kind of education my guess as an uneducated retard should rely on.

The only PTA updates we received so far were reduced to changes of that bumpy working activation mechanism. No new funtionality as been added. That´s why I doubt that an update will be shortly after the upcoming P3D v4.1 release.

What makes you think an update is even necessary?! Let's just get 4.1 out the door first? It's impossible to know whether it's a huge amount of work, if it's working already or if it (I don't really believe this possibility) ends up being upsupported, since everything regarding shaders has been changed in 4.1?! 

I know, it sounds extreme, but I'm just trying to illustrate the unknown challenges regarding a possible update - if any is necessary...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

3 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

What makes you think an update is even necessary?

3.1 included shader changes, like 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4 did.
All updates (not to confound with hotfixes) that I remember inlcuded changes to the shader files. What makes you think that in 4.1 the shaders will remain unchainged?
Would be the first time in years...

4 hours ago, Schlotterknie said:

That´s why I doubt that an update will be shortly after the upcoming P3D v4.1 release.

And there we have an educated guess.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

22 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

And there we have an educated guess.

Great!
Now it´s your turn to do the same... Do you think it´s you whose response I´m actually waiting for?

I think I have an educated guess :biggrin:

This is from P3d v3 but should apply to v4. Looks like the tool will auto-detect P3d version shaders.

So if that tool by some kind of magic auto-detects newly written and installed shader files due to a new P3D update and somehow already knows how to correctly deal with them...
...please tell me why we had to wait for PTA updates when P3D 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4 has been released.

Sorry, but I only came on board when P3D v4 was released.

Maybe it does need an update but reading through the PTA thread from 2016 looks like updated PTA version usually out within 2-3 days of a P3d update.

Was kind of confused for a bit there

It will be ready for v4.1 either on the day it releases, or the day after.

I'm at the Flight Sim Show the weekend it releases, so I need a day or so after I get back to fix it up.

• Upvote 2

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.