Sign in to follow this  
Gee8ch

SIDs not showing in Information window

When I select an airport and then select the procedures tab in the information window, no SIDs are displayed only approach procedures. Is this correct or should SIDs be also detailed?

I have the latest airac cycle installed in P3D v4 from FsAerodata and Navigraph.  FsAerodata Folder has two sub-folders under the P3D Folder - 'PROC' and 'PROC_SIDs' both with 'scenery' sub-folders and I have 3 files in the LN database - little_navmap_.sqlite, little_navmap_compiling.sqlite-journal & little_navmap_p3dv4.sqlite.

George

Hi George,

all conditions for SIDs and STARs are met. Normally they are read with the other procedures from the scenery since I read the paths from the scenery.cfg.

Are only the SIDs missing?

When you click on an airport: What does it show in the information window on the bottom of the airport tab (below heading "Scenery")?

Alex

Hi Alex,

If SIDs are meant to be there then they are not. Apart from actual scenery, there is only 'FSAD_Navaids' and 'FAD_Approaches'

George

5 hours ago, Gee8ch said:

f SIDs are meant to be there then they are not. Apart from actual scenery, there is only 'FSAD_Navaids' and 'FAD_Approaches'

It  depends upon the airport that you're viewing whether you'll see the FSAD_SIDs/STARs entry. 

For instance KORD has the entry, while KMDW doesn't, even though Midway is a fairly major airport. 

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Can you check your scenery.cfg. It should look have three FSAD related entries at the end, including the P3D\PROC and P3D\PROC_SIDs dirs.

Also check your GPS (you have to replace the stock GPS with a special P3D one - see instructions on the FSAD site). If you did that you can cross check if the GPS shows SIDs and STARs.

In the PROC_SIDs directory are only 63 files (cycle 1709). But I'm a bit confused since I see many more airports having these procedures.:huh:

Alex

There are only 2 entries in the scenery.cfg - FSAD_Navids and FSAD_Approaches, no SIDs so there appears to be something amiss. I have also checked the GPS at an airport included in the FSAD-PROC_SIDs Folder and there are only Approaches available to select again no SIDs.

I will wait until the next Airac and see what happens when I update FsAerodata.

George

7 hours ago, Gee8ch said:

There are only 2 entries in the scenery.cfg - FSAD_Navids and FSAD_Approaches, no SIDs so there appears to be something amiss. I have also checked the GPS at an airport included in the FSAD-PROC_SIDs Folder and there are only Approaches available to select again no SIDs.

I will wait until the next Airac and see what happens when I update FsAerodata.

George

You are missing FSAD_Approaches1 which contains all the updated SIDs. It's location is usually:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\P3D\PROC_SIDs

Add this entry manually from the sim's scenery library menu item or use the offline utility SceneryConfigEditor. Make sure that it and the two other fsaerodata entries in your scenery library are the three top priority items.