Sign in to follow this  
Bruce953

North Atlantic Tracks ?

Win10, XP11.05, LNM v1.6.4

This is a great tool which I'm already using for flight planning.  Is there a possibility of flight plans involving North Atlantic Tracks please ?

Cheers,

Bruce

Nope. Will not even make it into 2.0, sorry. Hopefully 2.2 but plans might change.

I decided to add the most wanted features first. User defined waypoints and VATSIM/IVAO functionality.

Alex

I was wondering if Natracks and Pacots are still planned?

Kim Martin

54 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

I was wondering if Natracks and Pacots are still planned? 

Yes but for 2.6 (hopefully) and not for the next 2.4. There were already a few work intensive nerve wrecking tasks and I 'm not keen on another one which keeps me busy for two weeks, sorry.

Alex

Would be real nice to have NATS, only thing I’m missing from LNM.

i add them manually at the moment Wich isn’t too much hassle.

can LNM tell me what runway to expect if I’m useing active sky?

Luke Pype

2 hours ago, MaDDogz said:

Would be real nice to have NATS, only thing I’m missing from LNM.

This will for sure come with 2.6 (#82). Procrastinating this for too long already.:smile: But 2.4 is already so cramped where the most annoying and work intense tasks like high altitude winds (also considered by the fuel planner) are done and the alternate airports are about to be finished.

2 hours ago, MaDDogz said:

can LNM tell me what runway to expect if I’m useing active sky?

Not automatically. LNM can read the AS weather files and display the wind on the map but you have to find the runway yourself. This is one thing I try to squeeze into 2.4 since it is not too much effort (#187).

Alex

47 minutes ago, albar965 said:

This will for sure come with 2.6 (#82). Procrastinating this for too long already.:smile: But 2.4 is already so cramped where the most annoying and work intense tasks like high altitude winds (also considered by the fuel planner) are done and the alternate airports are about to be finished.

Not automatically. LNM can read the AS weather files and display the wind on the map but you have to find the runway yourself. This is one thing I try to squeeze into 2.4 since it is not too much effort (#187).

Alex

Thanks Alex, sounds perfect 🙂

Excited for the update!

Luke Pype

14 hours ago, albar965 said:

Yes but for 2.6 (hopefully) and not for the next 2.4. There were already a few work intensive nerve wrecking tasks and I 'm not keen on another one which keeps me busy for two weeks, sorry.

Alex

Thanks Alex.

Kim Martin

Hi, 

Old topic, but I have a question: Whenever im planning a flight across an ocean, it gives me waypoints that start with the letter "H", followed by 4 numbers. However, I would like to have the traditional coordinates (5640N for example). Is there a setting to change this?

On 6/6/2021 at 9:32 AM, jessy0506 said:

Old topic, but I have a question: Whenever im planning a flight across an ocean, it gives me waypoints that start with the letter "H", followed by 4 numbers. However, I would like to have the traditional coordinates (5640N for example). Is there a setting to change this?

I just changed this yesterday. The half degree waypoints are now completely omitted in flight plan calculation.

Alex