Sign in to follow this  
Jamrom23T

Just Flight Arrow III new paints - Classic & Simple 70's

Hi Folks,

Very nice - I'm a huge fan of the more classic paint jobs - the newer swish swooping modern paints do little for me...

And welcome aboard - one nice intro...

:cool:

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I totally agree.  Modern small GenAvs are looking more and more like boats now... 

Another one for "That 70's Hangar" almost done.  I'm working on the puke brown interior for it...

ii0lvzx.jpg

• Upvote 1

Great work JR.

Did you find our paint kit easy to use? I was disappointed not to see more repaints for our PA28 range (Arrow III, Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior). I wasn't sure if that was due to the paint kits, the products already coming with quite a few paint schemes or something else.

Thanks
Martyn - Just Flight

Martyn - Just Flight

Hiya Martin... Yes, very easy. 

I've been doing skins for the Wings Over Flanders Fields project (WWI Air Combat sim) for well over ten years.  You guys did it right, where I just have 1 layer of painted parts, all I have to do is line up the pieces.  I also love the 'UV' layer which makes seeing the parts a lot easier.  I never had access to anything like that so it was a lot of trial and error and many long nights.

The Rudder was a bit rough as far as lining up the two halves, but I've dealt with way worse.  Most of the skins I had made over the years were layer intensive, meaning.. I had layer over layer over layer in the PSD file.   The way your kit is, it's very simple to use.

Overall- this last skins took me 2 days, 4-5 hours each sitting, and it was mostly spent on the curves in the tail.  I do things the hard way... I shape the curve pixel by pixel, so it takes me longer.  I should probably learn a better method.

Thanks for a great model and terrific paint kit.

Eventually I'm going to buy the Warrior and do the same.

JR

14 minutes ago, Jamrom23T said:

I shape the curve pixel by pixel, so it takes me longer.  I should probably learn a better method.

Hi JR,

What are you using to paint ? I've used PSP for more than a decade and half - it includes the capability to do Vector graphics - which is really what you want for smooth curves... LOL - it does take some time to get familiar but well worth the effort in the end... I did it pixel by pixel for years as well...

It looks like you found a decent font for the REG numbers too...

Keep up the good work...

Regards,
Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I use PS CC.  Yes, Vector... I've played with those and drove myself insane trying to use it.  Most of the time I just eyeball what I need it to be and keep massaging the lines until they're where I want them.  Much like someone would using masking tape to make a curve.

JR

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Martyn JF said:

I was disappointed not to see more repaints for our PA28 range (Arrow III, Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior). I wasn't sure if that was due to the paint kits, the products already coming with quite a few paint schemes or something else.

Thanks
Martyn - Just Flight

I tried to use the paint kit to do a quick paint job on the Arrow, but when I stuck it in P3D V4, it showed up okay in the selection menu but in the sim it pops up a message which says: 'Protection Failure. Please reinstall product or Contact Support.' and now none of any variant of JF PA-28 will load up without that message showing up and all it displays in the sim for any Arrow is part of the interior on external views, yet from the VC it looks okay, which is a bit bizarre. Evidently something is amiss, but not sure what that is because it looks fine in the selection screen. Any suggestions?

Here it is on the load screen, looks like it should work to me, and you can see from the other screenshot it shows up in the cockpit too (the error message is visible in that shot), but the external view is a skeletal structure when viewed in the sim:

pgr2j4T.png

TI3j0pBg.png

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

That error is a result of the copy protection system failing to authenticate the product. It shouldn't be possible to cause that just by adding a livery entry to the aircraft.cfg as that system is set up when the product is installed and it is gauge based. I'd suggest backing up your repaint and then reinstalling the product before adding the repaint again. If you still encounter the issue then contact our support team so they can investigate.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn - Just Flight

9 hours ago, Martyn JF said:

That error is a result of the copy protection system failing to authenticate the product. It shouldn't be possible to cause that just by adding a livery entry to the aircraft.cfg as that system is set up when the product is installed and it is gauge based. I'd suggest backing up your repaint and then reinstalling the product before adding the repaint again. If you still encounter the issue then contact our support team so they can investigate.

Thanks
Martyn

Yup, a reinstall sorted it out, here's my silly repaint in the air:

ZewSOgu.jpg

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Nice, basic hot rod scheme (not going for a Real Flame paint job). :cool: 

EDIT - G-FIRE was the registration of Spencer Flack's Spitfire. He also had a Hunter too G-HUNT..

Edited by HighBypass
further info

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Last 2 paints and what 8J looks like in flight over Long Island.

One thing to note is N509CF has a tan interior... I changed it, but I don't know if I can include those files in the paint pack as they are not part of the Paint Kit.
Changing the interior color really makes a difference in the look of the plane, inside and out.  Not hard to do for anyone with the skills to paint the outside. 

I literally copied the main layer of each, altered the HUE of the red to brownish.  Adjusted the Bright/Contranst/Saturation till I got a nice vomit brown as it looked originally. 

There are a total of 8 files for the cockpit.  4 VC and 4 external view.

I'll be creating the readme files for these this week and hope to have them posted to the library shortly after that,

All, the best,

JR

hCJj34N.jpg

LgTwdGn.png

dSX26Pn.jpg

This is a screenshot of what this skin actually looks like in flight with ORBX Global, Vector and North America applied, fall season... over the Long Island sound, Connecticut shoreline in the background.

M2mBEji.png