Sign in to follow this  
ukplane1

Carenado Saab 340 (S340) ?

Which one are you looking forward to the most?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Which one are you looking forward to the most?

• Carenado Fokker 50
    • Carenado S340

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

What's the nav source on a SAAB ? FMC ?

Regards,

Scott

Here ya go, this is the manual for the real thing, not that you'll need it for a Carenado aeroplane's avionics.

http://www.smartcockpit.com/docs/Saab_340B-Navigation.pdf

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

4 hours ago, Dazkent said:

It looks great but after flying the B1900D for a couple of years i can't help but feel a bit dissapointed with the systems depth, is there a good version of the Saab currently available?

Never mind deep systems, I'd be happy if it could just track an ils properly.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Saab has provided services and solutions for Navigation & Landing systems since 1982.

ILS (Instrument Landing System), incl LLZ, GP, MKR

DME (Distance Measuring Equipment)

NDB (Non Directional Beacon)

DVOR (Doppler VHF Omni Directional Range)

VDF / DFS (Direction Finders)

TACAN (Tactical Air Navigation system)

GPS (Global Positioning System) incl. PBN solutions

the choice of Carenado... Nobody know ;-))

Oh god, I think I just had a heart attack. A Carenado Saab 340?? The Saab is my favorite plane. I spent my childhood flying on/seeing those things. I know that Carenado's systems are 'lacking' to say the least, but few would deny that their visual modeling is among the best in the business. I'll absolutely be picking this thing up the minute it's released, for both P3D and (hopefully) XP11 later on. Can't wait to have 2 Saabs to fly: the LES for systems when I have the time for 'serious' flying, and the Carenado for casual flights where I can drool over the photorealistic internal and external modeling. And you can all look forward to this livery, which I will paint the second I get the paintkit on my hard drive :cool:

53019.jpg

A version of fokker is on the market in version 100/200... for p3d. 

But none saab340 or 2000 of good level... in xp the model have success because this a important actor in alaska and nordic regions... I have the saab in xp, I hope it in p3dv4...

Glade there a saab 340 coming! we should be happy that somethings coming out rare to see these aircraft being developed. 

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Great Looking Model, PLEASE Carenado spend time on the systems and FDE.

Based on previous experience I'm not pulling the trigger unless there is positive feedback in both areas. If it's just another pretty face I'll pass; period!

Here's hoping this release will usher in a change.

RE Thomason Jr.

7 minutes ago, Blaze said:

Great Looking Model, PLEASE Carenado spend time on the systems and FDE.

Here's hoping this release will usher in a change.

Yup, exactly. Prolific they may be, but I hope they'll note that selling something before the bugs have been ironed out, ignoring all the complaints which flood in because of it, from paying customers, and then maybe eventually getting round to a patch, or not, quite often simply leaving up to end users to sort it out for themselves might be their idea of beta testing, but eventually people get wise to that and vote with their wallets. :biggrin:

I'm glad to see them having a stab at the SAAB of course, but they ought to sort out some of their existing catalogue as a priority; you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know the people awaiting that customer service will hardly be inclined to buy more stuff from you if you ignore them.

Alan Bradbury

1 hour ago, hamoody said:

Oh god, I think I just had a heart attack. A Carenado Saab 340?? The Saab is my favorite plane. I spent my childhood flying on/seeing those things. I know that Carenado's systems are 'lacking' to say the least, but few would deny that their visual modeling is among the best in the business. I'll absolutely be picking this thing up the minute it's released, for both P3D and (hopefully) XP11 later on. Can't wait to have 2 Saabs to fly: the LES for systems when I have the time for 'serious' flying, and the Carenado for casual flights where I can drool over the photorealistic internal and external modeling. And you can all look forward to this livery, which I will paint the second I get the paintkit on my hard drive :cool:

53019.jpg

Yes!! I was just going to say the Northwest Saab 340's are so many memories...

I flew a Saab340 in the real world for 3 years many years ago. I'd enjoy having one for P3d. A few years ago my employer put me through the full initial course at Flight Safety (my second time) as I was the only one in the office at that time who'd flown one.....I thoroughly enjoyed it. The SF340 is one of my favourite aircraft. I'll take a chance and buy it when it comes available. 

Dave

I'm not a huge fan of Carenado. You cant deny the visual models though. They are top notch.

I will say that the Piper Navajo is very well done. Its rapidly become one of my favourites. Seems the flight model is on the money too with the reports I have read. It certainly feels great to me in the sim. I think this is 2 out of 5 that I have been happy with in total with them. Not great odds so research needs to be done first :)

If they use the bog standard turbo prop model for the SAAB its not going to be very good I wouldn't think? Hope it is though as it would be a nice addition.

I would like to think if they are going to the trouble of tackling something more complex such as a big turboprop, they'd take the time to employ some devs who are a bit more au fait with simulating that kind of thing.

We all know Carenado/Alabeo models are stunning lookers, although even then they still have some stupid typos or mistakes on the textures on occasion, many of which are just indicative of sloppy work. Such as getting the RAAF roundel and registration wrong on their otherwise very nice PA-38, or putting 'Overdrive' on the cockpit placard of their (not very nice as far as engine modeling goes) C441 instead of 'Override' as it of course should be.

We also know that avionics and turboprop engine modeling are not among their finest abilities either, which should hardly come as a surprise when they seem to think the Cessna Conquest has Overdrive switches for its engines lol.

This is probably the main concern I'd have with them having a crack at a turboprop airliner, since it is one which as far as I'm aware, has a fairly uncommon turboprop engine, so the data performance might be a bit more thin on the ground for it than is the case with some more ubiquitous gas turbines. Avionics-wise, the SAAB 340 isn't stunningly complex, but it ain't no Cessna, and that's a concern too. Of course if it flies and looks nice, that might be enough for many, but how many remains to be seen.

Alan Bradbury

31 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

You cant deny the visual models though. They are top notch

Happy to see Carenado Saab 340 is coming along!. Lots of people still seem to not understand the intended market of their products and are still blaming by saying their aircraft have poor avionics and systems, but that's the way they are!, so if that's important for you, simply don't buy them.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers